Skip to main content

@JCG posted:

Question for our Conservative brethren:

A guy on a lefty podcast yesterday (Pod Save America) said something to the effect of this:  If you did a Venn diagram where one circle was people who believe that masks should not be worn and the pandemic is just a means to take down DJT, and a second circle was people who believe that Global Climate Change is a hoax, the circles would intersect almost perfectly.

True?

Masks have certain uses and times where they could help. ..

But climate change is the biggest freakin hoax in world history 

You're first paragraph is accurate, but then you contradict it in the rest of your post. The U07.1 code doesn't go on the death certificate in the motorcycle accident example. That code would be on the patient's chart for documentation, but not the death certificate bc it didn't contribute to the person's death and is not an underlying cause. It is totally unrelated to the death. The death certificate is not a medical record. It doesn't include all of the patient's medical conditions that did not contribute to the death. If the motorcyclist had a heart condition, that wouldn't be on the death certificate either.

I really don't know if COVID deaths have been under-reported or over-reported, and I'm not trying to convince you either way. I'm just trying to explain how COD reporting works, and to correct the erroneous information that you posted as fact.

Huh? Perhaps you missed the point. Once again, the motorcycle reference was in in jest while referring to an earlier post. So if you are going to mention it in a reply you should at least include a few sentences where I mentioned it.

The point is deaths are way overstated which is why we have a country full of deathly-afraid people. Thank god they seem to be out and about only on web forums.

They aren’t forcing you to send your kids there. They are trying to force schools to open. I don’t recall hearing anything about prohibiting virtual options. 

Iowa said today that kids need prioritize in person classes. I will say, that's what she pitched to the Republican base. Granting waivers all over for online education, but that's not what's public facing.

@adbono posted:

Yeah but there sure seems to be a lot more Dicks than Janes. 

More left-leaning Dicks as described in the original mention of the name 16 hours or so ago, or more Dicks meaning more people who are generally being mean-spirited (both left- and right-leaning Dicks), or Dicks simply meaning both left-leaning AND mean-spirited?  Or simply more swinging Dicks all the way around?

Just trying to find common understanding re: definitions.

BTW, I think we're about the same age, Adbono, but you look WAY better than I do.

More left-leaning Dicks as described in the original mention of the name 16 hours or so ago, or more Dicks meaning more people who are generally being mean-spirited (both left- and right-leaning Dicks), or Dicks simply meaning both left-leaning AND mean-spirited?  Or simply more swinging Dicks all the way around?

Just trying to find common understanding re: definitions.

BTW, I think we're about the same age, Adbono, but you look WAY better than I do.

Hello Smoke!  Here are my answers to :

Para 1 :  all the above

Para 2 :  yes, you are for the greater good

Para 3 :  we are both old and thank you 

Aloha 

Link copied to your clipboard.