Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You would need to check with your league, but in an game under NFHS rules a player does not have to be listed on a lineup card to enter the game. Although it is reccomended that a player and # to be listed for all substitutes it is not required.

The only concern would be is if he was listed on the teams roster with the league and as such, Umpires would not have any access to that information. We would allow the player to play and you would then need to seek satisfaction through the league.
funny a similiar thing happened to my boys 15u group this past weekend. They pounded a 15u team from south of here and in between games the other team invited them to eat some of their food they had brought, well this went on for about 1/2 hour*usually we get 10-15 minutes in between games*. Then 6 guys come driving on up and get out ready to play.all Seniors,P,SS,C,CF,1B,3B, not a big deal, my son actually thought it was quite funny.
quote:
Originally posted by 2Diamonds:
funny a similiar thing happened to my boys 15u group this past weekend. They pounded a 15u team from south of here and in between games the other team invited them to eat some of their food they had brought, well this went on for about 1/2 hour*usually we get 10-15 minutes in between games*. Then 6 guys come driving on up and get out ready to play.all Seniors,P,SS,C,CF,1B,3B, not a big deal, my son actually thought it was quite funny.

We were playing a 14U tournament and we were in the finals against a team (they though they were the #1 team in the area) that we had beaten in a doubleheader the weekend before, after the game several of the kids that we did not see the previous weekend got into their cars and drove away....we just laughed.

If it is just a fall ball pickup game, I have never been concerned with rosters and changes, but there is another funny story where we played "friendly" game with another team. We were betting them and in the last two innings, they some how happen to bat the same set of big hitters! What is that saying to their other teammates?
quote:
Originally posted by balk51:
We are playing high school fall ball. There was no roster submitted at that time. The head of the league asked for one after and of course the kid was on it.

Unless it is posted otherwise they obviously didn't break any rules if there was no roster requirement.

I have found it is pretty common for pitchers to not always be in full uniform during a game if they are not pitching or have their running running program to do. Relax, it's fall ball! Cool
Last edited by jerseydad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.