Skip to main content

Hit at a field off the tee recently were the fence was 320 dead center. Consistenly hit the fence with one of my hits clearing the fence around 20 feet. What would be the exit velocity of a batted ball traveling 340 feet from a stationary position? Also if its possible what would be the bat speed of a swing of this type? Launch Angle?

Thanks for your time and info if you respond, 

JR

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

NYC is correct.  Need all the factors.  What we can say however is that if the ball is struck with OPTIMUM launch angle on a windless day in completely average conditions 80mph = about 300 feet.  I see 2019's chart says 275.  There are different charts with different results but 80=300 is the most common I have seen.  Then its five feet for every MPH from there.  so 90 = 350 feet and 100 = 400 feet.  A little helping breeze can affect those numbers more than you think.  Thus you may see a MLB game where they are measuring all that and see a 100mph exit velo and a 412 foot distance.  If you are super interested in all this stuff I would suggest looking into Dr. Alan Nathan and his baseball physics website. 

hsbaseball101 posted:

I hit a 350ft no wind HR off a tee with BBCOR bat, but Zepp says my bat impact speed is 52mph, with a max of 60mph.  Weird?  I only swung 70mph with a BESR so I think it's accurate.  

Something is amiss there.  Not a physical possibility to hit a ball 350 feet with a barrel speed of 52mph.  I suspect poor performance by the zepp. 

hsbaseball101 posted:

I hit a 350ft no wind HR off a tee with BBCOR bat, but Zepp says my bat impact speed is 52mph, with a max of 60mph.  Weird?  I only swung 70mph with a BESR so I think it's accurate.  

from my experience zepp tends to be really off. One swing I had a 70 mph bat speed and the next 81. Same technique and mechanics, I think diamond kinetics is the big deal now

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.