Skip to main content

I'd like to read about some of the different facilities out there.

It came up in a thread in the Illinois section about having 5 pitching mounds. Does your field?

Describe your field, your practice facilities (cages, separate mounds?, etc), any type of grandstand, scoreboard, etc. Let's see what people have.

I'll try getting a description of my high school baseball facilities up here later this evening..

"Every Athlete Deserves an Athletic Trainer"

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Unfortunately, I made the mistake that mentioned 5 mounds. It may well be that because I’ve only scored at fairly large schools, 2,000 student body plus, in a large metropolitan area of Ca, that what I’m used to isn’t normal. Wink

But as to the school I’m scoring at now, and I’m not messing with other sports.

This is a fairly new school and opened in 2005. They have a V and JV field. No lights and no scoreboards. The V field has a HR fence(320'-L, 380'-LCF, 365' C. 320' -R), but the JV field does not. The way they sit, their center fields would touch each other if there were no fence. There are cages just outside the fence in RCF. Last summer, volunteers made the dugouts much bigger, and put slats in the chain link, as well as roofs on both.

We have a building that’s roughly 25X15 that serves as a snack bar, plus about 5’ of one end is used to store maintenance equipment. Last year some trees were donated and planted behind the entire outfield fence, about every 20’. We have grass IFs and automatic irrigation on both fields. At present, the only fan seating is an old set of bleachers on just the home side of the V field that was cast off from one of the other schools in the district.

The V field parking is right across the street, about 100’ from the entrance gate which is really nice, but there are no REAL restrooms. 1 nasty portapotty for the V, and the JV has to hope the doors to the gym are left open. Wink Only the V field has a mic and speakers to play music and announce the games. So far there's been no takers for the announcer's job.

Hope that’s what you were looking for.
Last edited by SKeep
Baseball field
--Gravel warning track that is overgrown with weeds goes from the 3rd base dugout around behind home plate, past the 1st base dugout, down the line to the outfield fence and all the way to the fence that goes along the 3rd base line. The 3rd base line fence runs along the track and football field.
--Infield dirt comes out of the Mississippi River along with quite a bit of Turface mixed in. Behind 3rd base is a low spot that always hold water after it rains, but most other places on the field dries rapidly.
--Left field corner holds water for quite a long time. If this is the only wet spot, then the game is played.
--Currently we have the 1st/3rd baselines cut out with about 6-foot dirt path. That is about to change and return to grass.
--Dugouts with benches that are falling apart. Concrete walls, new roof over the 3rd base dugout (blew off this past spring), and the third base dugout also has a storage shed attached. Portable benches are brought over from the football field to provide more seating in each dugout.
--There is very little "out of play" area that is inside the fence. In front of the dugouts, past the 3rd base dugout a little bit (part of where the running track goes away from the field), and where we keep the portable backstop down the left field line.
--I believe it's 325 to LF line, 360 in the gaps, 385 to dead center, and 305 down RF line. Right field corner is on a hill.
--New homeplate installed and raised this past week. Additional dirt to be added in the near future around home plate.
--Old chain link backstop
--Seating consists of one or two small bleacher sections. Many fans prefer to bring folding chairs and a lot of our home fans sit along the 1st base line on

the sidewalk next to a road.
--Parking is in the student parking lot beyond the right field fence.
--The bullpens absolutely are HORRIBLE. The home bullpen is beyond the left field fence in fall territory. It includes two (3 if tight) pitching rubbers; one

continuous mound constructed of gravel and railroad ties. The homeplate area is a gravel hole with a plate that is just thrown down. Behind homeplate in the

bullpen is the track and there is a gate to the track right in the middle of the bullpen. Yes, that creates problems sometimes. We have had track people get
hit on more than one occasion. The visitor bullpen is right behind the first base dugout. It is also constructed of gravel, but there is very little gravel actually there. The homeplate area there is actually on an incline and the plate is just thrown down.
--We have a pretty big scoreboard, but it doesn't have scoring by inning or hits, errors, etc. Just home score, visitor score, inning, and balls/strikes/outs. No sort of speaker system and no lights currently.
--No concession stand is operated during baseball. Rest rooms are actual plumbing, but they aren't always unlocked.
--Storage facilites at the field consists of old restrooms beyond the right field fence and the shed connected to the dugout. We have a single batting cage which is in pretty bad shape beyond the right field fence too.
--In our old gym where the wrestling team practices and our fitness center is located, we have a batting cage that we share with the softball team which raises up and down with a key.

JV and freshmen practice in a small field beyond the centerfield fence and sometimes go on either the band field or the football practice field. JV plays conference games across town in a Rec League park.

Wow... my description makes it sound like we've got a horrible field. That really isn't the case as CoachB25 would probably agree to. Our head coach spends A LOT of time working on the field yearround.

When we move to the new high school for the 2009-2010 school year, we are supposed to be moving to a new baseball complex which will include both a varsity and JV baseball diamond. It has been said that they have brought in a company who has designed several minor league facilities, but we aren't going to hold
our breaths..
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:Wow... my description makes it sound like we've got a horrible field. That really isn't the case as CoachB25 would probably agree to. Our head coach spends A LOT of time working on the field yearround.

Doesn’t sound horrible, but rather that you’re dissatisfied. Wink

Almost all of the negative “issues” you mentioned are a direct result of not enough bodies to work on it, but some are literally 20 minute fixes for very little $$$$$.

The weeds on the track can be taken care of with $20 hand sprayer, and a couple ounces of roundup in just 20 minutes or so, and could be virtually eliminated by putting down a good pre-emergent.

The low spots in the IF dirt can be easily taken care of with a couple wheel barrows of additional dirt. Wet spots because they’re low on the rest of the field can easily be taken care of by topdressing with the cheapest sand you can get your hands on, and applying a half inch or so and raking it in, every 10days to 2 weeks in the growing season. If the wet spot persists, renting a small trencher and putting in some 3” drainage pipe with holes in it and covered with a sleeve to keep dirt out is really pretty easy. Takes some time and a few $$$$$, but can be done in just a few hours with the right equipment.

I really hate to see grass base paths, especially if they’re already dirt!

Why did they RAISE the plate?

To be honest, it sounds like nothing more than a very old ball field, a lack of funds to maintain it well, and a lack of desire on the part of the parents to donate a little labor to help. That’s not an indictment, its just a pretty normal thing. During the life of a baseball field, if little preventative things aren’t done, pretty soon things start adding up and the field degrades. It happens almost everywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:When we move to the new high school for the 2009-2010 school year, we are supposed to be moving to a new baseball complex which will include both a varsity and JV baseball diamond. It has been said that they have brought in a company who has designed several minor league facilities, but we aren't going to hold our breaths..

In good conscience, I’ve got to issue this warning. If the old facility is as poorly maintained as you say, a slick new facility with all kinds of bells and whistles isn’t going to solve any problems what-so-ever, other than it’ll be eye candy.

A big problem that people don’t quite get is, that new field will need even more attention than the old one because any “warts” will really be noticeable.

Since I’ve been through this what seems like a million times, I’ll offer this. Work with the designers and some local landscape gurus to develop a preventive maintenance plan! Find out the best way to keep weeds out of the grass, and the best way to get rid of the ones that do. DO other little things like put up signs warning everyone that smacking baseballs into the chain link isn’t going to be tolerated! Make sure that whoever puts in the facility, provides enough of each color of paint that will be used so touch-ups can be taken care of quickly.

Make sure any mowers used will be properly maintained so that any blades are sharp and things like adjustments work. Make sure any other field maintenance equipment is also in top shape! Spend a couple hundred buck and get a new drag, preferably 2! Along those lines, I’d make sure the base lines were not only dirt, but were at least wide enough to accommodate a drag. If you don’t like the wide lines, buy a narrower drag! There is nothing worse than using rakes on baselines!

If nothing else, if you don’t have a reel mower for the IF, get one! Nothing looks better than grass that’s been mowed with a sharp reel mower, and the rollers help keep the field smooth.

If your gonna have irrigation, make sure the controller for the field is accessible, and that the coach can control the time on each of the stations. Make sure there’s an irrigation station and heads that will do nothing but water the IF dirt, and make sure it can only be activated manually!

Make sure there are electrical and water stubs in the dugouts, and in the OF where lights or a scoreboard might be envisioned. It’s a lot easier and cheaper to do it during construction, than later on. Make sure there is a sewer stub close at hand in case there will ever be REAL restroom facilities.

Think about this because its another one that would be much easier during construction. I’ve seen a few ball fields that have MISTERS in the dugouts, and one where they had them running up the vertical backstop poles. You’d be amazed at how much they can cool off a dugout, and even more amazed at how much they’ll cool off the stands.

There’s prolly a million other things I’m forgetting, but I think you’re getting the idea. DON’T JUST SIT BACK AND TAKE WHAT YOUR GIVEN! Make sure you have some input.
Heads up... this is about to get messy Wink

quote:
Originally posted by SKeep:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:Wow... my description makes it sound like we've got a horrible field. That really isn't the case as CoachB25 would probably agree to. Our head coach spends A LOT of time working on the field yearround.

Doesn’t sound horrible, but rather that you’re dissatisfied. Wink

Almost all of the negative “issues” you mentioned are a direct result of not enough bodies to work on it, but some are literally 20 minute fixes for very little $$$$$.

The weeds on the track can be taken care of with $20 hand sprayer, and a couple ounces of roundup in just 20 minutes or so, and could be virtually eliminated by putting down a good pre-emergent.

The warning track was done poorly at the beginning. I'm pretty sure they did ]the entire thing in a day if that tells you anything. There was no plastic put down, no grass killed beforehand, etc. Our coach has sprayed it and sprayed it and sprayed it. We also used to drag the warning track using the teeth drag. Now he just lets it go because he fought it for so long and it was a losing battle.

The low spots in the IF dirt can be easily taken care of with a couple wheel barrows of additional dirt. Wet spots because they’re low on the rest of the field can easily be taken care of by topdressing with the cheapest sand you can get your hands on, and applying a half inch or so and raking it in, every 10days to 2 weeks in the growing season. If the wet spot persists, renting a small trencher and putting in some 3” drainage pipe with holes in it and covered with a sleeve to keep dirt out is really pretty easy. Takes some time and a few $$$$$, but can be done in just a few hours with the right equipment.

We've added dirt to that particular spot several times. I'm not sure if we haven't gotten dirt that is moved back toward the outfield grass which has caused the water to not drain out and off the infield dirt that way. This year a couple of times our coach cut a trench into the grass and he said that water would just gush out of there. We do have drainage pipes that run parallel with the baselines in front of the dugouts. At this point, installing additional drainage pipes would take so much time that I don't see them doing it for one season.

I really hate to see grass base paths, especially if they’re already dirt!

I liked the dirt basepaths too and I think our coach does too, but it has gotten to the point that everytime he turns around something needs to be done on the basepaths.

Why did they RAISE the plate?

Homeplate had sunk significantly. From the dugouts, you could not even see homeplate. I wonder if you could from the mound. We found when we pulled it out that the homeplate was actually broken; the padding inside of the plate was coming out of the bottom. There was a big hole that we filled in some and then we added more dirt to the homeplate area because it was a low spot on the field as well. The area needed dirt added to bring it up to the level of the grass in front of the plate.

To be honest, it sounds like nothing more than a very old ball field, a lack of funds to maintain it well, and a lack of desire on the part of the parents to donate a little labor to help. That’s not an indictment, its just a pretty normal thing. During the life of a baseball field, if little preventative things aren’t done, pretty soon things start adding up and the field degrades. It happens almost everywhere.

We used to have a baseball booster club and they were great with the funds they had. Now we have one sports booster club for the entire school and things just don't work the way they used to. Our booster club is great; just things are different now.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:When we move to the new high school for the 2009-2010 school year, we are supposed to be moving to a new baseball complex which will include both a varsity and JV baseball diamond. It has been said that they have brought in a company who has designed several minor league facilities, but we aren't going to hold our breaths..

In good conscience, I’ve got to issue this warning. If the old facility is as poorly maintained as you say, a slick new facility with all kinds of bells and whistles isn’t going to solve any problems what-so-ever, other than it’ll be eye candy.

A big problem that people don’t quite get is, that new field will need even more attention than the old one because any “warts” will really be noticeable.

Since I’ve been through this what seems like a million times, I’ll offer this. Work with the designers and some local landscape gurus to develop a preventive maintenance plan! Find out the best way to keep weeds out of the grass, and the best way to get rid of the ones that do. DO other little things like put up signs warning everyone that smacking baseballs into the chain link isn’t going to be tolerated! Make sure that whoever puts in the facility, provides enough of each color of paint that will be used so touch-ups can be taken care of quickly.

Make sure any mowers used will be properly maintained so that any blades are sharp and things like adjustments work. Make sure any other field maintenance equipment is also in top shape! Spend a couple hundred buck and get a new drag, preferably 2! Along those lines, I’d make sure the base lines were not only dirt, but were at least wide enough to accommodate a drag. If you don’t like the wide lines, buy a narrower drag! There is nothing worse than using rakes on baselines!

Our current basepaths are about 6-7 feet wide.. wide enough for both the teeth drag and the screen drag to go through there and he often does. I've got to disagree about the rakes, but sure dragging it does look great if it's done right.

If nothing else, if you don’t have a reel mower for the IF, get one! Nothing looks better than grass that’s been mowed with a sharp reel mower, and the rollers help keep the field smooth.

If your gonna have irrigation, make sure the controller for the field is accessible, and that the coach can control the time on each of the stations. Make sure there’s an irrigation station and heads that will do nothing but water the IF dirt, and make sure it can only be activated manually!

Right now we're just hoping to have water out there!

Make sure there are electrical and water stubs in the dugouts, and in the OF where lights or a scoreboard might be envisioned. It’s a lot easier and cheaper to do it during construction, than later on. Make sure there is a sewer stub close at hand in case there will ever be REAL restroom facilities.

[I] I think the baseball field and softball field are going to be located in close proximity to the football field so it would be my guess that they will use bathrooms there.

Think about this because its another one that would be much easier during construction. I’ve seen a few ball fields that have MISTERS in the dugouts, and one where they had them running up the vertical backstop poles. You’d be amazed at how much they can cool off a dugout, and even more amazed at how much they’ll cool off the stands.

There’s prolly a million other things I’m forgetting, but I think you’re getting the idea. DON’T JUST SIT BACK AND TAKE WHAT YOUR GIVEN! Make sure you have some input.

I don't think it's a matter of being poorly maintained, but rather a matter of there's only so much one man can do. Pretty much the only thing our coach doesn't do is cut the grass. School district maintenance does that. But he does anything on the infield, the mound, etc.
Last edited by Bulldog 19
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:
The warning track was done poorly at the beginning. I'm pretty sure they did ]the entire thing in a day if that tells you anything. There was no plastic put down, no grass killed beforehand, etc. Our coach has sprayed it and sprayed it and sprayed it. We also used to drag the warning track using the teeth drag. Now he just lets it go because he fought it for so long and it was a losing battle.

There’s no doubt the initial way it was prepared will always have an effect on its maintenance forever. And, there’s also no doubt that no matter what anyone does in an open area like a ball field, weeds are gonna grow! Seeds get blown in on the wind, tracked in on peoples shoes, and of course brought in on contaminated equipment, including tires.

I’m sure not raggin’ on anyone here, but rather attempting to explain what might happened, and what might be a reasonable way to mitigate the problem. By far and above, the best way to keep weeds out of places like tracks, base paths, or other areas that are supposed to be free of all plat growth, is to do as much as possible to keep weeds down from all around it.

FI, no matter what you do to keep a place “weed free”, like the track, if you allow weeds to grow all over the OF, there’s no way in the world to keep the weeds from growing on the track. So, to keep down the weeds in places like that, control the weeds all over the field. The trouble with that philosophy is, a ball filed and the area surrounding it make up an immense area, easily 2-4 acres for 1 field.

In order to control weeds in an area that large, it takes lots of time, equipment, and most of all, $$$$$$! Too many people see it like their front yard, and wonder why $20 worth of chemicals every year won’t take care of the problem. But, its more like a well kept golf course! Didja ever wonder why it cost $50-$150 to play a well maintained course? Wink

Although chemicals is the easiest and fastest way to abate weeds, there’s a much cheaper way. Frequent mowings with the mowing height set to what the seed supplier recommends. Here’s a rule of thumb. Never cut more than 1/3 of the grasses height. You can’t mow once a week and meet that rule, so right away you’ve got an added expense. But if you could, what would that do to keep the weeds down? It wouldn’t allow many of the weeds time to produce seeds! Fewer seeds, fewer unwanted weeds.

If time and money were no object, something else that would help is, proper irrigation and fertilizer. Why? Plants tend to go to seed as a defense mechanism. So, when they’re under stress, they’ll go to seed more. Also, the more vigorous the good grass you want is, the more it will choke out weeds. Plus, like any other plant, weeds need 3 things to grow. Sunlight, water, and food. That’s why you very often see weeds growing on bare or thin spots in turfgrass.

But if weed seeds land someplace like on a track, there’s nothing to keep them from getting sunlight. Plus, if the irrigation is set up without regard to where its watering, or if you live where there’s lots of rain, that’s the second thing it needs. As far as food goes, remember, a seed is the food source for sprouting plants. If you spread grass seed on concrete and water it, guess what’ll happen? But, the grass would eventually die because the roots couldn’t get nutrients. On a place like the track, although it may not look like it, there’s lots of nutrients there, and as soon as the roots get to them, its Katy bar the door!

So, what you have to do is make it so that #1, those seeds won’t sprout, pre-emergent. Then make it so there’s as little water as possible, correct irrigation. And finally, stay on top of the weed murdering using chemicals. Even the quickest growing weeds need 5-10 days to germinate. So, if someone walked the track with a sprayer once a week killing of the new sprouts, it would be a major improvement.

Sorry. I do get carried away, don’t I. But don’t take my word for anything! Approach any College Ag Dept, or get friendly with any golf course maintenance superintendent in your area. Those guys are doing what you want to do time 1,000, and they generally know their business.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: We've added dirt to that particular spot several times. I'm not sure if we haven't gotten dirt that is moved back toward the outfield grass which has caused the water to not drain out and off the infield dirt that way. This year a couple of times our coach cut a trench into the grass and he said that water would just gush out of there. We do have drainage pipes that run parallel with the baselines in front of the dugouts. At this point, installing additional drainage pipes would take so much time that I don't see them doing it for one season.

I can certainly understand not wanting to invest precious resources in a filed that won’t be used any longer! If you’ve added that much soil and its gotten worse, or at least no better, what it sounds like is that the problem area wasn’t properly defined. That would mean some of the soil wasn’t added to the problem area.

Here’s another rule-of-thumb. If you have a low spot, do whatever’s necessary to identify it entirely. FI, if you go out in the middle of a storm or flood the area with a hose, you’ll see what appears to be a small lake. You don’t add fill in the entire lake(depression), but rather starting in a small place in the middle, then adding fill in an ever increasing area.

Think of it like a bulls eye. Unless you had great equipment like a laser level, what you’d want to do is add your new soil only inside the triple ring. Then keep gradually adding soil until that area stays above the water when the area’s flooded. Then, you slowly increase how far from the center you add the soil, being careful not to keep adding it to the high point in the center. Depending on the grass type and the weather, it shouldn’t take more than few weeks to raise a 3 inch depression 30 feet in diameter.

If you don’t need that information now, keep it in mind because no matter what happens, the new field will have depressions too. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: I liked the dirt basepaths too and I think our coach does too, but it has gotten to the point that everytime he turns around something needs to be done on the basepaths.

I’ll be the 1st one to admit that top notch base paths take work, but that’s the price of having a beautiful field. Most of the secret is to not wait too long before something needs done. Also, its important to routinely get in there with the toothed drag and get that soil broken up. It would be nice to be able to go down an few inches, but most fields don’t have that much infield mix on them to start with, and all that will happen is that rocks and native soil will be brought up.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: Homeplate had sunk significantly. From the dugouts, you could not even see homeplate. I wonder if you could from the mound. We found when we pulled it out that the homeplate was actually broken; the padding inside of the plate was coming out of the bottom. There was a big hole that we filled in some and then we added more dirt to the homeplate area because it was a low spot on the field as well. The area needed dirt added to bring it up to the level of the grass in front of the plate.

That’s what I was hopin’. Believe it or not, I’ve seen fields where they raise the plate rather than lower the stupid mound if the mound’s too high. At our local field, I had to do just the opposite. When they built our fields, they put a pretty good slope on them for drainage. So what was happening, was people were whining and crying about our mounds being too low. I even got those people out there with the laser level and showed them the rubber on the big field was exactly 10” above the plate, but they wouldn’t have any of it.

Here’s how bad it was sloped. I checked the height of the IF dirt as it met the OF grass down the 3rd base line and it was the same as the plate. But when I did the same thing down the 1st base line, a point touching the OF grass on the 1st base line was 32”! So, even with no mound at all, the grass where the rubber should have been was already well over 6”.

I couldn’t get the dummies to understand that by the rules, I couldn’t just raise the mound because that would be cheating. But, what I talked them into, was raising the entire HP area 8”. Once that was done, all I had to do was raise the mound until it was back to 10”. In the end, the only thing that was accomplished was it LOOKED better, but it got them off my back! Wink

Obviously if your HP had sunk, unless ya’ll made the appropriate changes to the mound height, you allowed the field to get way outside of the rules. Scary huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: We used to have a baseball booster club and they were great with the funds they had. Now we have one sports booster club for the entire school and things just don't work the way they used to. Our booster club is great; just things are different now.

Isn’t it sad how things have gotten so bad, a HS coach has to depend on the generosity of the parents rather than the budget of the school? In our school district, 5 years ago the entire baseball program, all 3 teams, fields, umpires, travel, equipment and coach pay, was $2,500. With balls costing $5 a pop and ups here getting $65 per game plus mileage, the budget doesn’t go very far. Some districts are much better off, but many are worse.;(

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: Our current basepaths are about 6-7 feet wide.. wide enough for both the teeth drag and the screen drag to go through there and he often does. I've got to disagree about the rakes, but sure dragging it does look great if it's done right.

Its ok if you disagree about the rakes. I know I can do a pretty good job with a landscaper’s rake, but I’ve been doing this stuff for over 30 years and know how to use a rake. I can’t say the same for most HS baseball players who are trying to get the field spruced up after a game or practice so they can go home. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: Right now we're just hoping to have water out there!

You’ve gotta get together now and make sure you get it! There’s not many things as hard on a ball field as a scorching Mo summer!

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19: [I] I think the baseball field and softball field are going to be located in close proximity to the football field so it would be my guess that they will use bathrooms there.

Kool! I have to walk with a can and braces, and can tell you that there are some HS ball fields where the parking is just on my limit, and being 61, I can tell you the old bladder doesn’t last nearly as long as it used to. I need those facilities close! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:I don't think it's a matter of being poorly maintained, but rather a matter of there's only so much one man can do. Pretty much the only thing our coach doesn't do is cut the grass. School district maintenance does that. But he does anything on the infield, the mound, etc.

I think its pretty much the same for most HS coaches. My boy’s coach made the players do a great deal of field maintenance, and there were “work parties” at the beginning of the spring season(Jan-Feb), and again around the middle of the season. If that didn’t happen I hate to think of how the field would have looked.

The thing is, unlike football, basketball, and Kommie Kickball, baseball fields need a lot care and attention than the others, plus they’re usually in their highest use periods for HS baseball in the very worst weather of the year! Its really difficult!

I sure wish your team the very best when moving into their new home! Post some pics when you can!
Working on a satellite picture of the field even though it's outdated by a couple of years..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Waterl...4678&z=18&iwloc=addr

Ok, so for some reason I can't get it centered on the baseball field. Instead it shows our practice football field. If you scroll over to the left just a little bit you can see the baseball field..
Last edited by Bulldog 19
It can be done. I have to do all of the maint. at our park. The players help. I even have parents come out and help. In Texas we have county agents that are also a good source of info on maintaining the turf.

We are a small,(440 student) rural school in East Texas. We are re-modeling our yard, but here is a link to the paper's pictures from last weeks game. As I said, we are not finished, but it will give you an idea of what we are working on.

Our set up:

2 cages on home side
2 bullpen mounds on home side
1 bullpen on visitor side
2 water fountains in each dugout
1 storage room in each dugout
0 warning track
2 grass base lines
1 varsity locker room

http://spotted.tylerpaper.com/...index.php?id=2669158
A warning track.... may be one of the things we add over the summer. We were pressing hard to get the surface ready to play for the spring season. We have only one more home game this year, and after that we can work on some of the other things that need to be added....such as warning track, padding behind home plate, etc.

McKinney Boyd(TX)-Bronco Field is located on the Northeast corner of Boyd's campus. The playing surface it field turf with dirt cutouts around the bases, home plate, and pitcher's mound. There is one turfed cage on the 3rd baseline and three on the 1st baseline. The fence is 320 feet down the lines, 365 feet in the gaps, and 400 feet in deep center field. There also is a concession stand complete with bathrooms behind the home bleachers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.