Skip to main content

Played most of the big PG events this year with a couple left on the schedule. Looks like a slower pace may not happen this fall as we have been approached by our old team's (no longer in existence) parents that they want to get the band back together. This would be for a few tournaments in the fall and some good hard practices since HS baseball is not in the cards at this time. Probably do a Sports at the Beach DE and a Mid Atlantic PG event.  Any suggestions from this group of any tournaments/team showcases happening within a few hundred miles of DC I should look at.  Team will be 16U but could play 17U as well. These boys won 34 tournaments together over 5 years so they are not afraid of a challenge.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What's the goal - to win some tournaments or get the kids in front of colleges? 

If the goal is to get in front of schools - college team camps and PG events. I'm assuming they're 2022s. I'd play 17u for every event, you usually play up in the fall anyway. They'll all be playing varsity and the year doesn't matter much. 

Sports At the Beach is great until you get into HS, then it's a waste. PGs are either really good tournaments or incredibly average. Look at the attending teams. There's Diamond Nation, MSI, Canes complex in VA, ASBA puts tournaments together I believe or showcases of some sort. Black Bear in NC is decent. 

I wouldn't build a schedule around their 12/13u success. Find out what the needs are a plan accordingly. Kids want to play college ball - showcase oriented camps and tournaments. Kids want to get some reps in and keep playing to get better without breaking the bank, SATB is fine. 

It is a mixture. The kids that went on to national organizations still have those opportunities. We have a number of boys who are playing HS but all will have great memories. The parents are all awesome which is the only reason I would consider doing this with our other commitments. All are varsity starters most were as freshman and rest will be as sophomores. The showcase/college hopeful players already have plenty of that on their schedule. This will be more about getting good practices in and enjoying each others company.  Something I think we can forget about when they are competing so hard during the summer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.