Skip to main content

It is crazy on the lack of availability of baseball gear/equipment/uniform accessories right now. We all know what is contributing to the scarcity but definitely going to have a lot of people scrambling and scrounging to find things that work. May not be the item you want, but people are going to have to settle for things that are close or will do for now.

Still trying to find white knickers with green piping for my son's high school season. I have been checking religiously since the summer. I have not found one pair in his size. I have tried Easton, Rawlings, Mizuno, New Balance, etc. We found a pair of on off brand that we ordered and the quality was bad.

Also trying to find turf shoes has been a job. Every now and then I will see something on Ebay or Mercari, but his size at a decent price goes fast. I was just looking at Baseball Express and they don't even have one pair in his size.

Anyone see the New Balance commercial on tv that shows a guy holding up his hand with nothing in it and there is an arrow pointing to his hand and says "demo shoe not available". Then he says "we know you are waiting on new freshness, but it is sitting in the middle of the ocean somewhere and to be patient". Sums it up right there.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You and I have talked about this before. It is insane. It's hitting our grocery stores now as well. I ended up buying my son Adidas Adizero spikes because the New Balance option has been gone for a while. I've been buying up extra batting gloves, socks, and pants. I'm even considering buying an extra catcher mitt (he already has 2). I dread having to find a new bat if anything happens to his Goods.

Have you looked into customizing his baseball pants? You could take plain white pants to a tailor with some green piping and she could probably stitch it on. We did it years ago with yellow piping and it cost $5 per pant.

You and I have talked about this before. It is insane. It's hitting our grocery stores now as well. I ended up buying my son Adidas Adizero spikes because the New Balance option has been gone for a while. I've been buying up extra batting gloves, socks, and pants. I'm even considering buying an extra catcher mitt (he already has 2). I dread having to find a new bat if anything happens to his Goods.

Have you looked into customizing his baseball pants? You could take plain white pants to a tailor with some green piping and she could probably stitch it on. We did it years ago with yellow piping and it cost $5 per pant.

Not a bad idea. Is there a place to buy the piping seperately?

I looked at ordering some custom pants through Boombah, but the minimum order size did not make it worthwhile.

Stirrups are another one that we are having a tough time finding in his school color scheme. TCK used to have them readily available. Now you have to put in a custom order for a minimum amount if you want them. And they probably won't be done for a bit.

last month, my son's shin guards broke.  I asked my friend, who owns a sporting goods store, to pick up a pair for me (AS S7) and he said he had an order to place and he'd add it on.  two days later, he called me and told me to get it whereever i could find it and even gave me the number of some of his competitors to try.  evidently, his supplier didn't have them and didn't anticipate getting any until summer (after the HS season).

Did you find socks yet? My son went back to solid socks. We found some over the knee that are plenty long and have lots of cushioning and stretch in the right places. And they seem to always be in stock

https://www.madsportsstuff.com...-extra-cushion-zones

I ended up ordering some of those super long Mad Sports socks from Amazon. My son loves it when the socks go over his knees since he is a knickers guy.

@Francis7 posted:

I just saw online that the wait time on custom A2000s is 23 weeks. Holy cow.

Yea, we had looked into a custom A2000 in December. My son was wanting a new outfielders glove. He instead went and found a stock model he liked that Just Gloves had in stock.

Another one of this teammates had saved up his money for a while to get a new glove also for this season. Went  online to custom order his glove and saw the turnaround. He said forget it and went and bought a stock glove also.

Interesting that I have had a bunch of more people recently ask me about repairing/restringing their glove in trying to squeak out more life instead of trying to find a new one.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.