Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You hit no nerve with me -- I have no connection to FBC. Other than suggesting a list of rules violations, what point would you like to make? Are you intent on continuing to address who is being paid at FBC? Is it your goal to benefit readers of this site -- or are there other objectives?

Concerning freedom of speech, this message board should not be viewed as a democracy in all respects -- hence the need for moderation. Smile

We'll see where this one goes.
I don't think I over-moderate -- but you are welcome to open a poll on the subject. A moderator cannot win here --- as no one wants their views to be "restricted" in any way. And yet others send me private messages with opinions that suggest I intervene more often. **shrug** You should check out the chaos on the other sports message boards -- many of the posters here are glad to have our "structure". I welcome all feedback on the subject of over-moderation. The pay isn't really that good. Wink

Concerning the FBC subject -- some care, or they would have been satisfied with the original topic being closed. It's like the Rowlett/FM tie -- only a limited few care, right? -- the rest of the discussion is to stir the pot on slow basebal days.

Moderating isn't one of the "dream" jobs -- trust me.
Last edited by Panther Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
I don't think I over-moderate -- but you are welcome to open a poll on the subject. A moderator cannot win here --- as no one wants their views to be "restricted" in any way. And yet others send me private messages with opinions that suggest I intervene more often. **shrug** You should check out the chaos on the other sports message boards -- many of the posters here are glad to have our "structure". I welcome all feedback on the subject of over-moderation. The pay isn't really that good. Wink

Concerning the FBC subject -- some care, or they would have been satisfied with the original topic being closed. It's like the Rowlett/FM tie -- only a limited few care, right? -- the rest of the discussion is to stir the pot on slow basebal days.

Moderating isn't one of the "dream" jobs -- trust me.

"....the rest of the discussion is to stir the pot on slow basebal days...."
That's not being moderator like ... I felt a slight jab there ....
Kid comes to me after I having been giving him pitching lesson for 2 years.
Coach, I am going to start using a new pitching coach. I ask who and why the switch. Seems the kid has been promised he would be selected for Aflac
game and area code team if he made the switch. I have also been told by his summer coach that he has made the switch to the Panthers. I then make the call to hs coach whom informs me he is considering a transfer to different hs after 07 year. Guess where.

I have done some leg work on ****. He has produced a couple of lower round picks with the exception of AJ (8th round) Let me add what qualifies him to charge $100 Hr lesson fee? What I have heard he spends most of the lesson on cell.

This is no way to do business.IMO
FO -- you were sharp last night. Smile

Gang -- let's not go back to the well on this topic. I understand the frustrations here. I believe some are posting in an attempt to reveal issues that are bothersome to many. This is not new or shocking information. One of the purposes of this site it to PROMOTE HS baseball. Let's stay positive. The public and private schools can co-exist nicely -- they have for years. In many states they routinely battle in the same conferences/districts/etc.

If you've been someway "wronged" by a coach or group of coaches -- turn it into a positive with your son and teach a life lesson. I know "baseball is life" -- but somtimes -- it's really not that important. DID I JUST TYPE THAT SENTENCE??? (it's early, I'll wake up).

Let's move forward.

-PD
I suppose I have one simple question -- are people this naive?

NOT PT Barnum Smile

We shouldn't necessarily pooh-pooh the fact that private schools provide unique educational experiences. Some families sit on the edge of the debate until something happens to push them in one direction or the other.

Sometimes the comments here SEEM (on the surface) to label private school bb-kids as baseball malcontents --- arriving at their specific situations as a result of desperation with their local alternatives. That is often times far from the truth.

Concerning promises and such -- it happens at schools across the country -- public and private.
quote:
Originally posted by TimeToStepUp:
Kid comes to me after I having been giving him pitching lesson for 2 years.
Coach, I am going to start using a new pitching coach. I ask who and why the switch. Seems the kid has been promised he would be selected for Aflac
game and area code team if he made the switch. I have also been told by his summer coach that he has made the switch to the Panthers. I then make the call to hs coach whom informs me he is considering a transfer to different hs after 07 year. Guess where.

I have done some leg work on ****. He has produced a couple of lower round picks with the exception of AJ (8th round) Let me add what qualifies him to charge $100 Hr lesson fee? What I have heard he spends most of the lesson on cell.

This is no way to do business.IMO

I wish I would have listened to the experiences and opinions of other people before we made a commitment similiar to this one. Fortunatly we able to get out before it cost us an arm and a leg. Hope this kid isn't just the flavor of the month like so many kids are.

"What I have heard he spends most of the lesson on cell." That is very true.
Amen Texan.

oldbbfreak -- I have closed down 3-4 topics in the last year -- usually when message board rules are broken or when the discussion results in serious tired-head for most readers ---- or when both situations occur simultaneously. I may be experienced to a degree while supporting my third son through HS baseball, but I'm surely no wiser than the next guy here. It seems clear to me that the sole purpose of this topic is to discredit FBC and one of their coaches. Most have backed away from lumping all of their guys into a single pile because several here reacted violently to that assumption (ok, no one was violent Smile). I tried to make a point earlier -- it probably escaped some. Give people the benefit of the doubt. If they want to change schools or summer programs or name their first child "Seven", let it be, this is America. For some reason I am skepical when it comes to believing that you are THAT concerned about others making poor choices. If that were the case, you would be contributing on a number of topics -- not just this one.

-P(eace)Dad
oldbbfreak

The way to look at this situation is that who cares how many players get recruited. The better the team the more it promotes baseball competion. The most important part of this topic is: If recruiting allows student athletes to get a Christian education that he or she normally would not have persued, than I am all for it. AMEN
Last edited by BAAAACK

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.