Skip to main content

All right, folks, I have enjoyed playing with you all. I am NOT a man, but my husband has helped me with some of this. He played D1 baseball, so he knows a little bit more about this than most.

Okay, I agree. Baseball is about hitting. Unfortunately, most will NOT be able to hit at the next level. Those that CAN better be able to play defense and run that sub 7.0 60 especially if you are an outfielder.

Many of you are too sensitive because of your rose-colored glasses. There is only room for one or two mashers on a college team. The rest are great athletes that can hit, play great defense and yes, RUN! Speed is a vital and important part of the game.

My statement that hitting is overrated was put there to grab your attention and invite your discussion.

The truth is that many of the boys are equally talented in their ability to hit. College coaches will start their recruiting process with those who can hit and then, select from those players the most athletically talented.

What is "athletically talented"? Well, if we already know that they can hit, then the kid must be able to play great defense like I previously said, steal bases, etc. Like it or not, most WILL have sub 7.0 60 yd. times. The others that don't have these skills will play at lesser programs.

So if the truth angers some of you, then that is just too bad. That's just the way it is.

One of the things that I really enjoy is how many views and responses I get to my posts, especially those that are infuriated by me.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Limom,
Your posts don't infuriate, it's your reasons behind them that do.
You are not a mom or I doubt even have a son, and if you are, you are not what being a baseball mom is all about. I find it rather insulting if you ever have given yourself such recognition.
Truth may be that top D1 college coaches will start with the cream of the crop and work downward (grades included)and if by chance they see a player with some raw talent that has coachability, then they go for it. Pitchers, catchers and hitters included.
And if they don't like your "tude dude" , you might as well hang the mitt, cleats AND bat out to dry.
Grow up.
PAmom,
Sorry for feeding the troll.... Frown
Last edited by TPM
quote:
I am NOT a man, but my husband has helped me with some of this. He played D1 baseball, so he knows a little bit more about this than most.

D1 Baseball? WOW!! So impressive.

quote:
One of the things that I really enjoy is how many views and responses I get to my posts, especially those that are infuriated by me.

How do you feel about this response?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................
Last edited by Dad04
There once was a shepherd boy who was bored as he sat on the hillside watching the village sheep. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!"

The villagers came running up the hill to help the boy drive the wolf away. But when they arrived at the top of the hill, they found no wolf. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

"Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill.

Later, the boy sang out again, "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers run up the hill to help him drive the wolf away.

When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling down the hill once more.

Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

"There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

"We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"
Fungo-
That was truly beautiful and I am sure that you are a really nice man.

But isn't this website a lot more interesting with someone who will stir the pot once in a while?

You guys have made me your godess and you just can't stay away or get enough.

Here's another one for you-
A Stag (HS player) overpowered by heat came to a spring to drink. Seeing his own shadow reflected in the water, he greatly admired the size and variety of his horns (i.e. he is a masher), but felt angry with himself for having such slender and weak feet(he can't run). While he was thus contemplating himself, a Lion (sub 7.0 runner) appeared at the pool and crouched to spring upon him. The Stag immediately took to flight, and exerting his utmost speed, as long as the plain was smooth and open kept himself easily at a safe distance from the Lion. But entering a wood he became entangled by his horns, and the Lion quickly came up to him and caught him. When too late, he thus reproached himself: "Woe is me! How I have deceived myself! These feet which would have saved me I despised, and I gloried in these antlers which have proved my destruction.
P.S I wish I was faster."

Moral:

What is most truly valuable is often underrated (i.e.speed).
-from Aesop's fables
Last edited by limom84
I guess it takes all kinds

If this is what gives her/him the jollies so be it

I just hope for her sons sake that any college coaches looking at her son do not know about this weird quirk in her personality-- I am not too sure they would want to be involved

If she is in fact a mom and her husband is in on the sham and condones what she is doing that makes the scenario even weirder

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.