Skip to main content

FutureBackMom,

I watched your son pitch today. He looked very good, winning his 8th game.

He can really pitch. He gets ahead of hitters.

I don’t think he’s long for this league. My guess is he will be moving up soon.

Anyway, it was fun to watch him pitch. I found myself pulling for the visiting team.

Just thought you’d like to know.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the info ... few posters here have seen him throw so it is nice to her from someone who has seen in him the flesh. We aren't sure what is going to happen as there has been lots of movement lately with the high A and AA affiliates, so we just have to wait it out.

Of course old mom here is pulling for high A which is a mere 100 miles from our home and his in-laws home.

Thanks again.
That's great news about AJ! I haven't gotten any reports lately so I'm glad he's still doing so well. Mary Ann, you have to keep us updated!
My school is out now so I have the whole summer to devote to non-working activities including emailing friends and checking in on the hsbbweb.

I haven't been on here much for some time now but I am so glad it's going to continue.

Ann
From basebal america:

quote:
Diamondbacks righthander A.J. Shappi made his California League debut on Monday, allowing four runs on nine hits over four innings in high Class A Lancaster's 9-5 win over Bakersfield. A 2004 ninth-round pick out of UC Riverside, Shappi went 11-1, 2.86 in 15 starts for low Class South Bend.

Way to go AJ
Big et al ...

When BA first noted his performance, they said he gave up 4 hits on 9 runs in 4 innings ... I had no problem sending them a message ref their error. They corrected it, but missed the innings ... his line for the night was 6 IP, 9 H, 5 R (4 ER), 2 BB, 3 K's (1 HR - but it was a solo shot and if you know anything about Lancaster, the wind takes everything to center and right ... even when it looks like a pop fly. The other team gave up 4 HR's that night, all 2 or 3 RBI hits). He told us that he needs to throw inside more ... something he wasn't doing in South Bend apparently because he didn't need to. So, we may see a few hit batters until he gets that location down ... laugh ... but at least he is still learning every time he steps on the field.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.