Skip to main content

Can anyone reasonably submit a game of the week for March 22-27? Preferably two teams with winning records or at least winning district records. Maybe top two teams in the district squaring off. I know there are great districts and bad ones but baseball is for all fans of all teams in DFW. Keep us posted.
P.S. If your a big fan of high school ball, newspapers and internet have team stats, so a little research would help with your input. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by doubleday:
Hard to go wrong with Southlake Carroll at Flower Mound...Tuesday March 23rd at 7:00PM

I would agree that it should be the best game of the 6-5A matchups...I think the two teams will finish 1st and 2nd in the district. I feel like it is up for grabs between the two teams.
I like the Carroll game too. Watch for a good game between 5A leader Carroll vs 4A leader Highland Park Sat 4pm Ballpark in Arlington.
Carroll 11-4, HPark 14-5-1 I believe. Just good baseball.

4A District Matchup
No.1 Mansfield Legacy vs. No. 2 Everman. (Tues)

Tied for Lead with 0 losses in District 7-4a :
Arlington Heights vs. Western Hills. (Friday)
quote:
Originally posted by baseballdad13:
Tailgate party I'm in. This is a very good district matchup with two of the best and a great district altogether. I give Plano West the advantage but home field might be great also.
Would like to see pitching matchup between Huber-PW and Ashby-MB. Look out for Ford-PW who can make a difference in a second. Thanks for your input.

That will be the pitching matchup tomorrow night. Should be a fun game.
quote:
Originally posted by xPitcherx:
Edward S. Marcus at Flower Mound tonight. Expect a huge and hostile enviornment. Going to be a great game at the least.

HUGE is right!!! Come early!!! It is youth night at "The Mound" so it will be standing room only! Marcus is expected to pitch Massingale who threw 3 shutout innings in relief against FM in their first match up! It will be interesting to see how the FMHS boys respond. FM won the first round match up 16-3. Bruce is expected to throw for FM. He has been untouchable this year! Should be a much better game this time!
Last edited by HRKB
As expected, turned out to be an excellent game. Jesuit is still improving overall and has the potential for a very good pitching staff. They have five kids, de gruy, Friemuth and Jans along with Cleaveland and Vanderheiden that could take them deep into the playoffs. de Gruy went 7 full innings and struck out 8. This game was still in doubt in the top of the seventh due to 2 Jesuit errors after one out. The bases were loaded and de Gruy got a fly out and a strike out on a 3 - 2 count to end the game. Josh Bell was dominant at the plate.
I think that one of the games of the week will be McKinney vs. Centennial. Last time these two faced off, Matt Lipka vs. Blake Harrell, the Jr. sub-mariner matched Lipka inning for inning, with both pitching a great game and holding hitters at bay for 8 innings. Zac Lee relieved for McKinney and Zach Kothera relieved for Centennial. One run blooper to right won it for McKinney. This week should see lefty Kyle Nelson (Centennial) vs. Zac Lee (McKinney). This should prove to be a good matchup, and McKinney might get pushed off the undefeated pedestal.

How are the matchups for Jesuit and Rockwall Heath this week?
quote:
Originally posted by LionPop:
quote:
This week should see lefty Kyle Nelson (Centennial) vs. Zac Lee (McKinney)

McKinney has a 4 game lead with 3 games to go, I would put this in the "NOT" game of the week.

9-4A
Liberty - Sherman should be a good one. Sherman needs to win and Liberty's chances of winning are pretty good this Tuesday night.

Sherman has another tough one on Friday night and will be fighting for playoff contention along with North and Wakeland.

Final 9-4A playoff spot may be decided by the last game of the season with Wakeland and North going at each other.
Last edited by Texas Crude
Jesuit - McKinney Boyd had to turn out to be the game of the week! Jesuit needed this game to win the District 8-5A outright and not have to win the final game of the year ag Plano. This game was a hard fought inning to inning contest with Jesuit coming from behind by 3 runs and breaking the game open in the 6th when the bats came alive and scoring 8 runs. Jesuit showed great patience, character and confidence by staying in the game while they were behind for 6 innings. Jacques de Gruy/Jesuit a Tulane signee, threw a complete game, gave up 6 hits and struck out 7 for the win.
Richardson vs Creekview. Eagles win and take Dist championship outright...first one ever for the school, from what I heard.

Ok, let's go with the "weak district", "our 3rd place team would have won that district" and "my kid would have started as a freshman over there"...did I cover them all?

Bottom line is that while these guys are not very deep, they have a pretty good team and a couple top tier players.

Even without a horse in their race, could not be more proud of their turn-around over the past few years.
quote:
Originally posted by baseballdad13:
ONLY ONE GAME WITH DISTRICT TITLE IMPLICATIONS IN FORT WORTH METRO.

FORT WORTH ARLINGTON HEIGHTS 12-0 VS.
FORT WORTH SOUTHWEST 11-1.

HEIGHTS CAN WIN OUTRIGHT OR SOUTHWEST FALLS TO
11-2 TYING FOR 2ND WITH FW WESTERN HILLS 10-2 WITH A WINNABLE GAME LEFT.

Why are you yelling...you are only a foot from me...
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Baseball:
quote:
Originally posted by TurnTwo1:
Who is pitching in the East vs. Boyd matchup tomorrow night?

I assume Ashby for Boyd, but I don't know for sure. No idea who's throwing for East.

Tychco, nice to see Tyler having a strong season for the Bears.

Thanks, he is having a blast, but they have a tough weekend ahead. Good luck in the playoffs!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.