Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I wish we had a Whataburger around here. That breakfast sounds great. My son is also a C  here in mostly FL tournaments. I try to get him to drink a ton of water at night and after games. I also found this hydration additive called The Right Stuff that he'll mix in a Gatorade in between games or if he feels the heat wearing him down. The stuff tastes absolutely awful (he somehow likes it) but it really works. 

I wish we had a Whataburger around here. That breakfast sounds great. My son is also a C  here in mostly FL tournaments. I try to get him to drink a ton of water at night and after games. I also found this hydration additive called The Right Stuff that he'll mix in a Gatorade in between games or if he feels the heat wearing him down. The stuff tastes absolutely awful (he somehow likes it) but it really works. 

I grew up as a C in Florida (Tampa Area), so I learned how important water was. We also use an hydration additive called H3O. Works really well if players are starting to cramp. And I miss Whataburger every time I go home to visit. 

@TxballDad posted:

I grew up as a C in Florida (Tampa Area), so I learned how important water was. We also use an hydration additive called H3O. Works really well if players are starting to cramp. And I miss Whataburger every time I go home to visit. 

Thanks, I'll check out the H3O. it's amazing how fast the dehydration and cramping can sneak up on them in a game. A couple of walks, errors, a pitching change and next thing you know they are out there for 30 minutes.

@KLL posted:

How do the Athletic Greens taste? I’ve wanted to get some for my son, but figured he’d turn his nose up at the green color. 

It actually smells really good before you mix it. The taste is no worse than a lot of protein shakes IMO. My son didn't like them at first but he has no problem drinking it now. For some reason he likes it better at room temperature rather than cold. 

If you decide to buy it make sure you find a promo code like the Cressey Sports promo. You get 20 extra packets. This will also give him the opportunity to try an individual packet rather than opening the big bag of powder. 

Catcher dad here.

If we are playing at a tourney around us (ATL area) and are waking up at home, then a scramble bowl. 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, roasted potatoes or shredded flour tortillas, and whatever non-red protein we have cooked for the week (chicken or ham). Eats that around 5:45 so it’s well down the hatch by game time. . 

If eating road food, it’s a Cfila breakfast bowl or egg white grill on any day but Sun. Sun it’s a PB&J. 

No matter the food, he drinks a caffeinated V8 Fusion around 1 hr before the game, plus the expected tons of water.

Last edited by Senna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.