Position: Quantitative Analyst, Baseball Analytics
Department: Baseball Research & Development
The Los Angeles Dodgers seek a full-time, entry-level analyst for the team’s Baseball Analytics group. Their objective is to identify highly talented, mathematically-oriented candidates as they build
- Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis to support one or more research projects focused on player evaluation/development and strategic decision-making
- Developing, automating, and implementing mathematical, statistical, and/or machine learning models
- Preparing reports and presentations to disseminate model results to front office, coaching staff, player development, scouting, and medical/performance staff
- Performing ad hoc data analysis to support Baseball Operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Basic Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- Experience building and validating mathematical, statistical, and/or machine learning models, preferably in Python or R
- Some computer programming experience
- Familiarity with SQL
- Knowledge of recent advances within the public baseball research community
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
You should apply if:
- You want to help the Dodgers build an industry-leading analytics team
- You love to compete, and you want to see the impact of your work on the field and in the box score
When you apply for this job online, please include answers to following questions in your cover letter, using 500 words or fewer:
- Why are you interested in pursuing this opportunity?
- What experience do you have building mathematical and/or statistical models?
- Additionally, if you are or were enrolled in a university degree program (within the last three years), please include with your application a complete list of the technical courses that you have taken or in which you are currently enrolled, along with course numbers and grades.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online at www.dodgers.com under Job Opportunities. The deadline for applications is November 9, 2018