Skip to main content

My 2021 kid committed to, and was accepted into an HA D3.  Head Coach made it very clear he was wanted, from the initial phone calls to the visit, to handwritten letters and follow up phone calls after the visit.  The Athletic Department gave support through Early Decision in admissions, and he received a very substantial Academic Scholarship.

My wife and I are completely thrilled.  We are happy he will be attending such a great school.  Academics and culture there are a great fit, and while the coach has said he’ll have an opportunity to compete for playing time (the starters at his main 3 positions are all graduating next Spring) my kid feels like it’s the perfect school for him even if Baseball doesn’t work out.  He also knows he has a ton of work to do.
I am incredibly thankful to everyone here at HSBBW.  The advice and info here over the years has been invaluable.  I plan to stick around and pay it back in any way I can, as well as continue to gather insight through the college years.  Special thanks to RJM for his perspective and advice via many PM’s.  

Some of the most valuable advice I’ve received here has been:  “go where you are loved”, “keep those grades up in High School” (without the GPA he never would have never gotten into this school, let alone received the scholarship), “get bigger, faster, stronger”, and “find the right pond to fish in”.
Last edited by 3and2Fastball
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.