Skip to main content

quote:
Someone mentioned the grandmother calling balls and strikes.

We played a game a couple of weeks ago on a field with no stands and just a very small area where the fans from both sides sit in folding chairs.

Our lead-off man starts the game off with a sharp single to center and the pitcher's grandmother shouts out 'That's the way to start the game. Good hit!'...

Pitcher's father looks over and says 'Mom, that's the other team'...

Grandma thinks for a second and says...'Well, it was a really good hit...' Smile
quote:
"Hey Jim, can you imagine what Coach Bada$$ would have done to that boy if he had pulled that mess back in our day? Wheeeeeew boy!"

Ah, yes. I know a couple of those guys.

Coach Bada$$ wanted to come out of retirement and applied for our open coaching job a couple of years ago. Someone I know who played against his teams said,

"He's so old school they'd be hatin' life." Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by joemktg:
Since this thread started I've been very self-conscious about what I say and do at the boy's games, lest I become one of those "Guys".

NO WAY! It's great to be one of these guys. They have a passion for the game and they enrich everyone's memories. Be yourself so someone will affectionately write about you some day!
Can't believe this one hasn't been covered yet...

Mechanical Flaw Fixer/Analyst - speaks out loud to the parent or anyone who is willing to listen.

"Needs to get his foot down earlier."
"He's throwing off a closed front side"
"His hands are too low"

OK, so for me personally to get out of that phase Big Grin, I moved to the...

"Talk and joke about anything not related to baseball or son to make sure you're not being "that guy" phase."

Those two were about seven or eight phases ago. I am currently strategizing my next one. Great to have this thread to choose from!

And yes, joemktg, one of my phases was to completely shut up so I was sure not to be any of "those guys". BORING. We're all one of those guys. Just try to be considerate and not too stuck on just yours and enjoy the ride with all the others in the same boat. Understand that everyone is in a different learning phase in the process. The strong emotional bond to your kids can be a wonderful and entertaining spectacle to others .
How about the

"pitcher's dad guy"

You know the one that indicates all the players are out of position well his son is getting shelled!

This thread reminded me of a mother from about 10 years ago who had the "best curveball throwing son" in the beach. She was extremely frustrated because the umpires did not know how to call a curveball for a strike! After about 5 or so comments out of her, I finally ask her if hitting the dirt before the plate made a difference in the eyes of the umpire!
quote:
Originally posted by 2Bmom:
Intensity guy.

"I told my [varsity sophomore] son before the season that he needed to hit over .400 and have a 98% fielding percentage if he wanted to get anywhere in this game. I'm sure you expect the same from your son."

I honestly did not know how to answer.

"Sir, you must be one of those new age, soft parents. Anything less than batting 1.000 and perfect fielding for our Johnny is just not acceptable."

Say it with a straight face and then walk away as if you don't want to associate with someone who has such low standards for their son.
I know Intensity Guy! He was the one who screamed at his 10 year old during game(best all around athlete on the team) that player was embarassing himself and his family when he failed to make a difficult play. His wife attended a championship game alone once and son made a highly uncharacteristic error that allowed what proved to be the other team's winning run to score. Wife's immediate reaction was to turn around to all the parents she knew and say "His father can never ever find out aboout this!" Confused
quote:
"Sir, you must be one of those new age, soft parents. Anything less than batting 1.000 and perfect fielding for our Johnny is just not acceptable."

Big Grin I think I'll try that.

The thing that kills me is that this kid will probably do those things, or come close. But it won't be because his dad told him to!
Last edited by 2Bmom
What about umpire critique guy? I'm not talking about the typical "get in the game blue" guy. I'm talking about the guy who maybe used to be an ump, or saw a training video online or something, and now he knows all the mechanics of umpiring and (of course) ALL the rules. So he spends the game letting everyone know when an ump was out of position or when the infield fly rule was applied incorrectly.
This is a hilarious thread, thanks for starting it hsbaseballfan! After reading through the responses, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been guilty of being "Mr High School Baseball Watcher" on many occasions. Heck, I didn't think my son's team was going to get their game in yesterday, as it was supposed to rain (Mr. Weather Guy), and yes I went to weather.com to check the status! Cool I've been known to yell heads up more than once on foul balls (Mr. Foulball Guy). Guilty as charged for umpire critique this last tournament (Mr. Umpire QC Guy), however I acknowledged that they were consistently inconsistent both ways! Wink I receive plenty of "what's your score?" texting during league play from a couple dad's (Mr. Text Guy), but they know not to text me if my kid is pitching (Mr. Intensity Guy? Smile). Seeds??? I prefer Spitz, usually Pepper, Dill, or Barbecue flavor (Mr. Seeds Guy). And lastly, my wife and I do have a camera with a Big lense (Mr/Mrs Big Lense Camera guy/gal), and we do share photos with everyone on the team!

If you're on this website posting at all, you're bound to be at least half of the guys that are mentioned on this thread...whether your in Virginia, California or any of the fifty states and Canada...it's all good!
quote:
Originally posted by AntzDad:
Hmmm... never heard of Spitz. All we have here is David.

"Who is DAVID? DAVID was founded in 1926 by David Der Herbedian of Fresno, California."

Yes indeed, but DAVID is old school. I had never heard of Spitz either until a couple years ago when I went on a visit to my mom's house in South Dakota. I bought a half case of various flavors to bring home, and within six months California stores had them in stock. Jim Beam has sunflower seeds too that are pretty good...Yep, call me Mr Seed Guy! Wink
Has anyone mentioned the "NO class guy", you know the guy that his son is the dominating pitcher on the other team. This is the guy that likes to yell "C Yaaa" or "Sit down" after his kid strikes the opposing hitters out ? My guess is that this is the same guy that either played "END" for his baseball team, or perhaps never played @ all !
I was at a game Wednesday (not my son's) standing among several dad/friends in a backstop viewing area several yards away from the field. One has a son that is the runner on second. Pick move to second. I hear "baaaaack" louder than I've ever heard a human voice yell coming from the dad. This came mid-sentence for him... totally drowned out bench yell. I almost dropped my drink. Not another loud sound from him the rest of the game.

A mom from the past - every time son was at bat and made any contact, she would throw out a high pitch euphoric scream of excitement that I've only heard in, well, never mind. Everyone on the block would hear. Never any other cheering (or screams) for anyone else.

"Household Homers"
quote:
Never any other cheering (or screams) for anyone else.

It's interesting. Of course I always pull for my own son to do well, and he invariably does what he does. And of course I'm his biggest fan. WOO HOO Way to go FIVE!!!!

But somehow that makes it that much more fun to pull for the other guys on the team that's around him. Angel, Manny, Tyler, Sam, Fletch, Alex, Justin, Sean, Cody, Zach, James, Kevin, Will!

GOOOOOO BLUUUUEEEE WAAAAAAVE!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
Last edited by 2Bmom
Great thread!

Let me add this few characters:

1)Mr. Positive Guy - I met him this season. His son did great last year and now son had a slow start this season but getting it around. Always cheering for other kids and never changes his demeanor despite his son's initial struggles. Never made excuses for his son and just continued to support the team. Also sees positive things from opposing teams. This is my guy and we need more of this types. I could relate that it's is even harder for a parent to feel their son's agony. Continued positive re-inforcement, parent's love and support and faith helped his kid turn it around.

2) Mr. Classy Guy - Met him this season as well. Dad is RR23JR's teammate in Scout team but we are playing in opposing teams this season. Lefty Son hit a 450ft bomb in RF.Congratulated him and he just smiled and politely said " Thank You, that's his 1st HR of the season."

RR23
absolutley the most fun thread in history of this site

How about Mr. Chain Smoker just out of site/ fringe of the school grounds Guy? It is April and this parent is smoking like Earl Weaver in the 66 World Series. Might need to keep it perspective Dad. It is still just HS baseball.

or Mr. Face Paint for the big game Guy. If this is you, you really have some issues that will require some type of therapy. Face Paint in school colors for a HS baseball game? It really does not get much better/ badder than that in my opion
quote:
Originally posted by VaRHPmom:
Got one from tonight's game (or at least the "almost" game). Lightning Watcher Guy/Gal. This is followed by many irate parents yelling when Blue fails to get the kids off the field after three flashes of lightning accompanied with thunder.

And the first flash was before the game even started!

Shocking! One flash n thunder means get off the field n wait 30 mins for no further flashes! YIKES!
Hey! You've quit talkin' and gone to meddlin' hsbasballfan! I have one of those buttons from son's 9 year old team. BUT, it never leaves my house. I intended to carry it in my pocket during his Senior Night presentation last year but the event was rained out. Son would have KILLED me if I had taken it out of my pocket but I think he secretly likes that I still have it!
All of you dads please allow this mama just a minute of your time. The world is full of folks who want/try to tear all our kids down these days. I think it is my God-given right to build up all kids who at least try to do something with their time other than roam the streets looking for their next hook-up or even worse. I know you didn't intend to turn this into a "soap-box", hsbasballfan but we moms tend to take our boys and girls seriously. Whew, there, I feel better! Now I can get down on level ground again. Have a great day, guys! PLAY BALL!
its OK cabbagedad...we know. We have very broad shoulders from years of being teased Smile
And, even though it wasn't my button, but my last name on the back of my baseball t-shirt, I had a college coach approach me after a game to ask about my son. Sometimes its OK to where identifying stuff...you never know what might happen.
Last edited by cb12
quote:
Originally posted by cb12:
its OK cabbagedad...we know. We have very broad shoulders from years of being teased Smile
And, even though it wasn't my button, but my last name on the back of my baseball t-shirt, I had a college coach approach me after a game to ask about my son. Sometimes its OK to where identifying stuff...you never know what might happen.

Wait a minute... a picture button AND the T-shirt with player last name? You're double dipping!

Sorry, I'm just giving you a bad time too. I did rip on myself earlier in the thread so I feel entitled. Wink

Besides, if it got you a coach asking about your son, I might need to reconsider. Although, if I put my last name on a shirt, no telling who might be asking what.
I think those buttons are cute. I offered to do them for the senior moms on senior night, but no one else liked the idea...

OK, this thread is 8 pages long; can I contribute something original? How about Mr. Used to Be a Travel Baseball Coach? Coached or coached against every kid in the county and loudly gives scouting reports based on what the kid did five years ago.
Oh, oh, oh.....I have another one.

"Mr College Baseball Parent Internet Guy".

You can't make all home/away the games, so you turn on that computer and pay your $6.95 one day for away games. You decide if you will or won't mute the sound because the other team has the worst "homer" announcers (kind of like Susan Waldman or John Sterling). $6.95 is such a deal if you can't be there!
So here's to you HSbasbalfan for starting this off, I've attempted to list them all but I may have missed some.

I've listed most as 'guy's' but thats just in keeping with the theme, no doubt most of these could be gals too!

Get a huge lead off
College Baseball Parent Internet Guy
Used to Be a Travel Baseball Coach
umpire critique guy
High School Baseball Watcher Guy
Weather Guy
Foulball Guy
Umpire QC Guy
Text Guy
Intensity Guy
Seeds Guy
Big Lense Camera guy
NO class guy
Big Mouth Mamma
I told You So guy
baaaaack guy
Positive Guy
Classy Guy
Lightning Watcher Guy
Chain Smoker guy
Face Paint guy
Score Board Monitor guy
Key Man
Dress Like One of the HS Girls Mama (ok,hopefully not a guy)
mrs button with a photograph of her son on it
played for the local coaching legend guy
Mechanical Flaw Fixer/Analyst guy
pitcher's dad guy
Movie Guy
Intensity guy
Injury Eval Guy
One upper guy
Hitter’s Dad Pitch Predictor guy
bullpen watcher guy
grumpy old guy
Inappropriate Cheering Guy
SLURS-HIS-SPEECH-GUY
down the line guy
where are they now guy
Grounds Crew Guy
The Seeds Guy
Seed Coniseur Guy
coach his kid from the stands guy
it's OK - it's not your fault guy
Self-policed guy
Scorebook Lady
Stat lady
Cell phone mom
run for the home run ball MOM
thats OK johnny Moms
Mr Glory Days guy
Great Hit Guy
Good Eye, Way to Watch guy
It's Not Your Fault Mom
The cheerleader guy
The Older I get the Better I was guy
Pumped and Excited Frosh on Varsity Parent guy
Mr.Handicapper Guy
Dugout Visitor guy
video tape every single game in its entirety guy
Relief Pitcher Bullpen Warmup Watcher/Evaluator guy
Right/Don't You Think/Are you following me/Am I seeing this right Guy
Senior Backup Catcher's Dad Guy
News I picked up today from other teams in the league guy
radar gun messenger guy
scout locator/counter guy
flask smuggler guy
Back of the Bleachers Guy
Proud Dad guy
You Can Do It, Gal
Great Hit, Nice Pitch, Guy
I Keep my Own Book Guy
I have my OWN pitch Counter Guy
chatter guy
Concession Stand Boss Lady
weather man guy
physics expert guy
gatorade fetcher right now because water is just not good enough for my kid guy
Great Hit Guy
Signs guy
Mr Old Timer Guy
Mr Announcer Guy
Mr Special Effects/Sound Bites Guy
Fence Dweller Guy
Foul Ball Guy
Mr. Real Estate Guy
The Foul Ball Guy
The Rules Guy
The Electronic Communications Guy
The Strategy Guy
The Cliches Guy
Look Out Guy
Scout spotter guy
umpiring quality control guy
Disgruntled Parent guy
Connected Parent guy
Stats Guy
the Other Team guy
Coach Questioner guy

that's nearly 100.....

Who is the next Here's to you Mr. .... ***. ..... Guy?
Last edited by RedSoxFan21
quote:
Originally posted by hsbasballfan:
some overlap but i count about 60 different "roles" have been identified...just think some guys can move in and out of all 60 over the course of a game!
we have heard from people in VA,CA,RI,Fl,TN,NC, and others.
lets keep going and see if we can get to 100!

how about some fan s in NY,NJ and other states!

Bumping this up to the newest post, another great hsbasblfan move!
We have a designated "College Scout Interceptor Guy". Not sure if he was officially designated but if there is a college scout anywhere in the area you will end up seeing this guy rubbing shoulders with him within two innings. The last game we had a scout there and his son was out sick. Thought he was going to have a cow. He immediately was on the phone to his son telling him to drag himself out of bed to come to the field... (The son stayed in bed)
This has got to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read. Although my son is a 2015, I've seen just about (or been one) every one of these guys/gals over the years during travel ball. Can't wait to see and be one of these guys during HS ball. .

BTW. I'm new to these boards and I look forward to reading and participating...

Who do I talk to, so that a popcorn eating "smiley" can be added? Cool
Last edited by Who's on First?
ok, I had to chime in.....here is one I hear from behind the plate ALL the time....hopefully it hasnt been offered before....

Mr. "Over Coach the Batter" Guy....

"Ok Billy, get set, dig in, head down, chin in, elbow up, bat back, load up, squash the bug, short to the ball, watch the junk, quick bat, trust your hands".....

And then when Billy, throughly confused from all the over coaching, strikes out....

Mr. "Over Coach the Batter" Guy says....ahh Billy you didnt...(insert any of the above)
and another from last night...

"Mr. Wrong Baseball Analogy Guy"

When Billy was hitting:
"C'mon Billy all we need is a can o" corn" (easy fly ball out")

When Billy was pitching:
"C'mon Billy serve one up! (give up a dinger)...

At the end of the inning, the 3rd base coach walked by and said "yea we know...but no one has the heart to tell him"
Hey! thanks for reviving the thread!

heard on the other night from the Over Coach tne Batter Guy...

kid is batting with tywo strikes on him...gets an outside pitch and fouls it of to the right side.

One guy yells "way to fight it off!"
another gguy yells "c'mon, square up and drive the ball"

The new and latest trendy hitting advice to yell is "square up on the ball" iff you havent already herad it...listen for it a field near you this summer!

it might just take the place of "let it get deep on you" that was in a tie last summer with "right side middle" for the batting lesson in tne box award
How about the running family commentary group? They (minimum 3 - have seen as many as 8) sit in the stands and offer running commentary on the plays / opportunities of the particular player they came to watch.
"Oh - well - thats not like Jr. to give up a home run when he pitches",
"This next pitch will be better - what ? - the umpire called that a ball? - it has been a strike in every other game this year",
"Too bad he got out - that was a hard hit grounder - if he keeps his elbow in next time it will be a line drive like he usually hits - Yes, he should remember to keep his elbow in next time."
"Auntie, see how Jr. is the first one on and off the field - that is a sign of respect for the game."
"See how his teammate fielded that ball off to the side - he should watch Jr. play and learn how to field the ball cleanly"
"Gee - I wonder why the stands in this area are not full? They seem to be full in the other areas."
May have been identified by another name, but how about the "Billy Mayes" guy...he's a walking infomercial for his son...he'll move from "guy" to "guy" and tie up any ear that will listen with how good his kid is. It's usually accompanied by how he's not being treated fairly. And usually, his son is not that good.
Mr Projection guy. He can actually see the future. He can watch a kid play and immediatey project his future in the game.

"Yeah he throws hard but with that body he is about as good as he is going to get." The kid throws 88 and is a soph.

"Yeah he is probably a D2 guy." The player is a 14 year old freshman.

"Yeah he throws hard but my son hasn't started shaving yet. Just wait."

And the list goes on and on.
And of course the all time favorite "Mr 2nd Guess everything Guy"

Why in the world did he bunt Jimmy?
Why in the world didn't he bunt Jimmy?

I would hit and run here?
I have no idea why he would hit and run in that situation?

Take him out coach!
Dbl play get turned kid gets out of the inning.
Why did he take him out? He was just getting in a groove?
I'm partial to the sweet couple who never had any interest in sports and have no idea what all the fuss is about.

They want to support their son, so they sit up against the fence in their lawn chairs, but they bring a couple library books, a crossword puzzle, and the latest issue of New Yorker to keep from getting bored.

They try to remember to look up when their son bats, but they're usually too absorbed in their reading to notice. They are grateful when you tell them their son did something good.

They are capable of asking, "Did we win?" after we lost a 12-0 slaughter rule game without having any inkling of the massacre their boy and his team just endured.

They are concerned that baseball is cutting into practice time for the piano.
the "Projection Guy" ...i love that one!

they know the whole process and where evberyone fits!

Lets meet anoyther guys that hangs with the Projection Guy.....

Affter the projection guy states his opinion another guy chimes in and says "what about his grades"...if the grades are 3.0 or better he says "yeah but what about his SAT"

He can explain in great detail the NCAA Clearinghouse criteria

At some point will say "More money in the classroom than on the ballfield"

He usually can tell you all the JUCO and Community College options in the area iff kids grades are down.

Heres to you Mr Grades/Test Score Guy
Overheard a couple have this discussion; "Why does he keep looking down there?" "I think the coach might be trying to tell him something" "How does he expect him to hit when he keeps distracting him like that?" "Why doesn't the coach just walk down & talk to him rather than using his hands like that?" Of course these family friends knew so little they came and sat on the wrong side. The whole exchange was really comical. Here's to all Non-Baseball Friends & Family !!!
Most of these make me smile. Awhile back, coaching my team in a tournament, I was reminded of the dark side. Close game, we are up, top of last inning.

They bring in their hard thrower. He proceeds to give up a double, then hits my pitcher on his foot. The sound was so loud, I swear it sounded like a foul ball. Batter (My player) turns away from pitcher, throws off helmet, obviously in pain. (Kid doesn't have a mean bone in his body). He's hobbling around, one of the other team's parents YELLS out

"BUSH LEAGUE. TOSS HIM OUT."

This is 14U BTW.

As I'm walking over to check on my player...I 'politely' ask the parent if he's ever been hit by a pitch in the foot like that. HE replied with "I Played." I respond with "Okay. You come up here and let the same pitcher hit your foot and see what your initial reaction is."

This got a smile out of the pitcher and several others kids.

Then there is the "Old School" guy...

My pitcher (who plays school ball with the catcher AND the batter at the time) throws a curveball and grunts loudly.

It's a ball. Pitcher is grinning. Batter is grinning. Catcher is laughing.

Coach for the other team gets mad. Calls my pitcher "BUSH LEAGUE. Then proceeds to tell me that my pitcher should get one in his ear hole for that one."

I reminded Casey S. that it was 13U baseball, and asked him to clarify if he was endorsing having his pitchers throw at 13 year old kids.

So I change..

I want BUSH LEAGUE guy added.
You ever wear a major league hat to a HS or College game? Do that and carry along a clip board and a stop watch.

1. You'll probably get in free
2. All eyes will be on you all the time and especially when Johnny does something good.
3. Dad's will start at the bottom bleacher and by the time the 3rd inning rolls around their mysteriously sitting right behind or beside you. Trying to listen to your fake cell phone conversation.
4. The bold one's come right up and ask you if you're a scout and begin to tell you about all the players at this particular game that have the stuff.

It's hilarious. Try it one time!

"I'm partial to the sweet couple who never had any interest in sports and have no idea what all the fuss is about.

They want to support their son, so they sit up against the fence in their lawn chairs, but they bring a couple library books, a crossword puzzle, and the latest issue of New Yorker to keep from getting bored."

You gotta' cut my wife and I some slack Swampboy...we're very particular 'bout which copy we bring.

---"Hey honeybunch...I don't get this one. Ball four? There's clearly only three. See?"

By hsbasballfan (posted March 23, 2011 02:13 PM)

"The Guy From the Other Team"

That's me to a T! Not nosy really...more curious. At tournaments when the teams are from far and wide and not familiar with each other there are always questions on each team about the other. That's fertile ground for me.

I listen to the parents on our team...line up all of their questions in my head. Then I go seek out reasonable looking fans from the other team. I usually get all of the answers we're looking for. And their fans almost always get their questions answered too.
    "Where is your team from?"
    "The suburbs of Chicago."
    "Chicago, eh? Get lost!"
    "Don't worry...already am!"
    "Only kidding, of course."
    "Not me. Really...where is the Port-a-John© ?"

After dozens and dozens of encounters over 15 years or so I've never had an experience where afterwards I say to myself "Yikes...I shouldn't have done that!"

Their fans might very well label me as "The Guy From the Other Team", but throughout the years on our team I'm always dubbed "Mr. Ambassador". Our fans are mostly appreciative of the knowledge gained. As am I. I've met some very good and very interesting people on and around the field over the years.

And if I hadn't been "The Guy From the Other Team" we'd still be guessing about each other. No regrets. Because of my present work responsibilities I do not get out much at all. I miss it.

Last edited by gotwood4sale
quote:
ArmyofOne said.....You ever wear a major league hat to a HS or College game? Do that and carry along a clip board and a stop watch.

1. You'll probably get in free
2. All eyes will be on you all the time and especially when Johnny does something good.
3. Dad's will start at the bottom bleacher and by the time the 3rd inning rolls around their mysteriously sitting right behind or beside you. Trying to listen to your fake cell phone conversation.
4. The bold one's come right up and ask you if you're a scout and begin to tell you about all the players at this particular game that have the stuff.

It's hilarious. Try it one time!

Absolutely ArmyofOne!!!! I may substitute a floppy scout hat (with college logo or MLB logo) and carry a radar gun bag/computer bag. It seems all the scouts these days are wearing the floppy hat. Not only will you get in, but you may get something FREE from the concession stand.
quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
In case you need some help Domingo Ayala can help you learn how to spot a scout. He can also teach you how to play catch in front of them.
He's no semipro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9DeqaR4PO8

Domingo came out and spent the day with my son's high school program this year. That's right, he's no semipro! My wife set everything up and coordinated Domingo's appearance. Domingo surprised the team by hopping over the centerfield fence to join the boys in the middle of their stretching. My son was the only player in the program that knew he was coming, and I have to say I was proud he kept the secret...he and his teammates had a blast. Domingo stuck around for stretching, the HR contest, and the Mother/Son game. He was great with the kids. My son's FB profile is him and Domingo with a "serious" baseball pose with a bat on their shoulders...pretty funny! I have video of the entire event, but my annoying laugh is in the background through the majority of the event, and it's rather emabarrassing.

Domingo's parents were also in attendance. My wife spoke with Domingo's father a few different times prior to his appearance and forged a nice relationship. They've exchanged emails a few times since regarding Domingo's upcoming appearances and my son's spring/summer. We've also spoken with Domingo on the phone a couple times to give him advice on liability issues, etc...as I have an insurance agency.

Domingo Ayala is a very bright guy, and I wish him continued success. On another note, one of our esteemed "Old Timer" members son played with Domingo in college...the Baseball World is Small!
Did anyone mention Freezing Kid? I was reminded of him Friday night at the football game. He is the boy, about 10, that is always dressed in a t shirt and basketball shorts, no matter how cold it is. His cheeks are rosy red. His nose is running, but he seems oblivious to the 35 degree temperature. He is having as much fun as anyone else.
quote:
Did anyone mention Freezing Kid?

He's just part of the 'inappropriately dressed for the activity and/or weather' group.

The women in the cocktail dress and heels...

The guy in the sweater vest when it's 105..

Sunglasses at night...

Your fans/parents in the opponent's colors....(we're Tanque Verde, why are you wearing red?)

And the list goes on...
WOLFHOUND GUY.....Doesn’t know the score, can’t tell you who’s pitching or what spot his son hits in the order, but he can pinpoint every halter top and nice pair of legs in the park. On his best days he can rattle off marital status and weekend hangouts. Capable of cracking your ribs as he draws your attention to an attractive late arrival, usually while your son is in the midst of a tough at bat.
quote:
Originally posted by Shelby:
The “Back of the Bleachers Guy” – You know him. On the smaller bleacher, they are too cool to sit down. They instead rest their elbows on the last row in the bleachers. Here’s to you.

Did you ever think that maybe instead of the "Back of the Bleachers Guy" being "too cool" to sit, he is of such an age that after sitting at a job all day, the back aches are more relieved by the stretching that comes from standing rather than sitting?
quote:
Originally posted by WB Reporter:
quote:
Originally posted by Shelby:
The “Back of the Bleachers Guy” – You know him. On the smaller bleacher, they are too cool to sit down. They instead rest their elbows on the last row in the bleachers. Here’s to you.

Did you ever think that maybe instead of the "Back of the Bleachers Guy" being "too cool" to sit, he is of such an age that after sitting at a job all day, the back aches are more relieved by the stretching that comes from standing rather than sitting?

You can add "Gal" to this and that is exactly why I stand during most of the games. Plus, those bleachers are hard on the back.
NON-STOP EATER GUY....would give Kobayashi a run for his money. Seemingly enjoys a little baseball with his perpetual meal. Routinely polishes off a cheeseburger, nachos deluxe, and soft pretzel before the visiting team pitcher completes his warm-up throws. Strategically saves the polish dog and radioactive pickle for the middle innings. Danger close if you're between him and the concession stand when last call for burgers at half price is announced. Beloved by CONCESSION STAND BOSS LADY, whose profits would soar if only there were more like him.
PROUD VET GUY....stands so ramrod straight during the National Anthem he could crack walnuts between his cheeks. Stares transfixed at Old Glory and won't break his communion until at least two full seconds after the last note. Known to cast a withering glare at anyone who fails to remove their cover or talks above a whisper.

Disclaimer: I'm a retired vet and a pretty good fit for this caricature.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.