Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don’t look for the numbers on a D3 roster. Look for the coach to offer to walk the kid’s application through admissions. It means he’s one of the top recruits. If not he’s one of the sixty.

”You’re on the team if you’re accepted” isn’t much of a commitment. One of my son’s friends got this level of recruitment. He got about fifty at bats in four years.

Last edited by RJM

There is no such thing as "my son got screwed". What actually happens is:  "my son can not compete at this level and did not earn a place on the team"...and this happens at every level...

IMO the most important aspect of college recruiting is to determine what level you (or your son) can compete at and earn a spot on a team. So many HS players are "all star, all team, all league, all "fill in the blank" and what they don't realize that they will be walking into college program with a bunch of hairy men who have not intention of giving up "their" spot to a HS scrub.

All he has done is earn the consideration of the coach and now it is up to him to beat out the other players to earn playing time.  There are other considerations, but in the end it boils down to this.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.