Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Play Baseball,

Aren't you supposed to to eat the hot dogs at the concession stand during the games? That's some baaaaaad hot dogs too. Hard buns, cold dogs, 6 year old mustard packettes...that's why I head out for a beef after the game.

Actually, the last time I bought a hot dog that wasn't at a baseball game was in the early 1980's and that was from Gene & Judes.

Mike F
quote:
Originally posted by gotwood4sale:
How about Heavenly Hotdogs in beautiful, bucolic, downtown Riverside on Burlington Rd. just a few storefronts east of Longcommon Rd.?

Good dogs and super friendly service!

Gotwood, sure I fell for that old "come on into beautiful Riverside" once before. Took me 4 hours to find my way out. Are they ever going to straighten out those streets?
captain

Mike F
Mike F:

quote:
Originally posted by Mike F:
Play Baseball,

Aren't you supposed to to eat the hot dogs at the concession stand during the games? That's some baaaaaad hot dogs too. Hard buns, cold dogs, 6 year old mustard packettes...that's why I head out for a beef after the game.

Mike F

Most concession stands don't have the dee-lish-us fluorescent green sweet relish (or do you call it picallilly?)
With all the "Best food" post everyones going to know that baseball is not my true passion.
O'Malley's on 35th Steet. Just west of the the Worlds Championship Chicago White Sox Dynasty Headquarters. Still closed for the winter but opening day will be soon. Try the gog charred. The deli at the Kosher Best Meat Plant on Pershing. Just southwest of the World...... no need to run it in to you Cub fans anymore. Rabbi on site to bless the food and all.
soxnole:

GREAT IDEA!!! We've all been in a strange city (or out of our element) and the big question after the game is "Where to meet and eat?" Most families are tired of meeting at the fast food franchises but are a little reluctant to try an "unknown" eatery.

Imagine all the gastonomical gems we've missed! Your idea will solve this dilemma. Looking forward to it! I'd be happy to help if you need it.

Thanks!
maxwell street is probly the best for your money...one right by UIC if you play St. Iggy...but theres an equally good maxwell street bus stop on diversey/clybourn....
but the best hot dog stand is on roscoe and california...its called Hot Doug's...you may have seen it on wild chicago, or some channel 11 show...their fries are better than gene and judes

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.