Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

These Metas are definitely dead. The kids tested them on the Trackman against other red Metas and the blue and black Metas (which surprisingly had the same results as the blue). I didn’t see if they had cracks but they don’t sound the same.

By a lot, I mean 4 out of the 6 kids that have a red Meta where my son hits. I know at least two of those were basically used as a team bat when they first came out and have taken a beating.

No he doesn’t use it to hit mud off his cleats.  His exit velo is 90+ he uses it for practice/lessons/games.  No one else uses it. No cracking, no rattles.  It’s the blue meta.  I think it’s just in his head, but didn’t know if anyone else has any experience.

oh it’s when I’m throwing to him.  I told him it’s probably because I’m throwing 40mph and not 80

Last edited by Dadof3
@Dadof3 posted:

No he doesn’t use it to hit mud off his cleats.  His exit velo is 90+ he uses it for practice/lessons/games.  No one else uses it. No cracking, no rattles.  It’s the blue meta.  I think it’s just in his head, but didn’t know if anyone else has any experience.

oh it’s when I’m throwing to him.  I told him it’s probably because I’m throwing 40mph and not 80

Your last statement makes me believe his actual problem is finding the sweet spot on slow pitching. If his EV numbers haven't changed with the same bat, then it would be safe to say he is hitting the baseball off the end of the bat.

On a side note, I believe that the feel of the bat is a disadvantage when hitting with composites. Lack of feedback can be very deceiving at times. Especially, when you feel like you barreled one only to watch it die in the OF. 

I am also seeing my son's red Meta Prime start to die out. We got it when it first came out. He used that bat his 14 year old year, the limited high school season last year and over the summer, and half the season this year for HS. There is another kid on his HS team that uses it also. My son switched back to his Goods because he sees the Meta starting to die. It is also breaking down. The rubber band around the connector piece peeled away. And now the plastic cuff at the connector has started to chip at the bottom.

K9

Is the bat ash, oak or maple. If it ash it will need to have the gains "boned",

"Keep the bat in a cool, dry place – Keep your wooden bat away from damp areas, and extreme temperatures. Try not to let your bat come in contact with wet surfaces. If the bat does get wet make sure you carry a soft cloth with you to dry it off immediately, and rub it down with linseed oil."

Bob

@Consultant posted:

K9

Is the bat ash, oak or maple. If it ash it will need to have the gains "boned",

"Keep the bat in a cool, dry place – Keep your wooden bat away from damp areas, and extreme temperatures. Try not to let your bat come in contact with wet surfaces. If the bat does get wet make sure you carry a soft cloth with you to dry it off immediately, and rub it down with linseed oil."

Bob

Think they are all maple.  Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.