Skip to main content

Medium version of a long story about my son (short version below...last 2 paragraphs):

1. Sophomore year of HS & summer ball - Covid (none and very limited).

2. Junior year of HS & summer ball - Misdiagnosed broken hamate bone with complications that meant zero HS ball and 4 weeks of summer in pain, basically hitting with only his top hand with no batting practice (too much pain).

3. No hitting all fall, started hitting again in December and was pain free. HS games started first week of April. Have played 5/10 scheduled games thus far.

4. The kid has worked his butt off in the weight room, on the track, in the cage, and on the field and the adversity he has dealt with makes me more proud than where he chose to go to college or play baseball. My wife and I are incredibly blessed to have a great kid who has big dreams and is going for them full throttle.

There were several great options for him including a couple of great JUCO's (including an offer from the current #1 D1-JUCO in the country), some great D3's, and was still getting inquiries from D1's. Son was hoping/praying for a 4 year experience/opportunity and he committed over the weekend. He will sign his NLI later this week to play at Bradley University in Peoria, IL. Bradley is a school of ~ 5k undergrads with smaller class sizes, has a strong business school and engineering program, has great development opportunities, plays in great conference (Missouri Valley, currently #6 RPI conference in country), are very calculated in their recruiting/roster numbers, and have shown that they want/love my kid! All things important to my son and his parents!

I will post more in a couple of other threads the things that I believe helped and hindered in his process along with successes and disappointments throughout. Thank you ALL for the things that you each add to this AWESOME community!

Pete B&W Pic

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pete B&W Pic

All who responded...thank you for the kind words and encouragement! Have heard a bunch of positive things about Bradley since he committed, both academically and from a baseball perspective.

@GIANTS_FAN & @OskiSD , the Arizona Classic feels like a long time ago, great meeting you both and excited to see how our boys do at the next level. Fingers crossed that we end up playing each other in the future!

@PTWood, thank you for your encouraging and experiential presence here!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.