Skip to main content

This is a real issue in the Ringer1 household every year. And with dove season starting September 1 and deer season starting right after that I wanted to know how some of you families who hunt handle the conflicts between fall ball and hunting. Would love to hear how others handle it.

Since Ringer1 son is with his mom every other weekend he still gets in his baseball time on those weekends. But he also wants to hunt and he knows basaball is more important right now. We do seem to work in some throwing and soft tossing rocks and hitting them into the lake at the lease though. Hey gotta get some work in!
Go Rowlett Eagles!!!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Factor in the fact that it is football season (HS, College, NFL) and now you have a dilema. And if you son is a SR and trying to play at the next level, well you have some juggling.

I'm sitting down with my son once his fall schedule is out. He knows the importance of this fall, but would like to catch some football and do some hunting as well. Plus work his girlfriend in somewhere.

We are going to focus on 3-4 showcase events plus maybe going to Juniper, FL. On the off weekends, do some hunting and catch some football. Work the girlfriend in during the week after he does his homework. We'll see how it goes.
Well my son just had me almost everyday for the past 3 months and come Oct. it's my turn. I'll be makeing several trips to Kansas to deer hunt. He doesn't care anything about hunting, if it isn't a girl or a baseball if doesn't want to do it. So mom will have to take him or he can drive on the weekends that im gone.
Yeah, I have a feeling the senior fall ball season is going to be REALLY trying. I try to keep one thing in mind though, and this came from someone who works for the Texas Rangers (medical staff). They have to have a break at some point to let their bodies recover from all the damage they've created from all the summer ball they've played. He suggested after the season is over not to pick up a ball for two months.

At least I try to tell my mind that. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by bleacherbummin:
Ringer1

Would you have to have a license to use a baseball to throw at the dove instead of a fire arm ?

Just trying to be helpful

BB

If he could do that it sure would save me some money on shotgun shells and a sore shoulder. Better yet, what if he could run down a deer. Here we come major leagues.
Can you imagine the coversations with scouts when you tell him your son can knock down dove while it is flying in mid-air and run down a whitetail deer? That's funny! Big Grin
Ringer 1 - here is a little spin on this. Last week I was in W.Tx moving my son into his apartment. I took he and his roommate to the store to fill up the pantry and refrigerator. His roommate was a little hesitant of all the things we were buying for the freezer until he realized he had 3 weeks before dove season opens. He just wanted to make sure there was plenty of room when Labor Day arrives.

There are quite a few on my son's college team that are avid hunters. Last year they would have a "feast" on wild game every few weeks.
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
Bottom line............

Hunting takes priority over baseball.

Of coarse, that's what's important.

Here is a picture taken on a trip last year......................

Can you name the boys?

Ok, I'll give you a hint.....

The guy on the left just made the DL.

The guy on the right has a first name that rhymes with his last.

The two guys in the middle are just common folk. Big Grin
Last edited by Ken Guthrie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.