Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I reluctantly turned the channel for the second half after Matt Cain had his first rough outing of the season. Not sure whether I was happier for Don Nelson for winning or sticking it to Cuban. Mad
I will still be watching the Giants, though, especially on Sunday night when Tim Lincecum gets his first start. Now that could be a fun night.
For those who don't know, Lincecum has given up one run and about 14 hits in his first 6 starts in AAA ball. Will be called up and start the Sunday night ESPN broadcast game with the Phillies. It is almost as big a story locally as the Warriors,and hopefully will last longer.
infielddad- Do you really think it's almost as big a story? The Warriors story dwarfs everything in the bay area for the last few years. It's been amazing what they have done.

I would agree that Lincecum coming up is big for the Giants and was inevitable. The Giants will now have a "Big 3" in Cain, Lincecum, and Zito. That said, that club is a mess. Bonds will break his record and be gone after this year. After that, the Giants are going to be tough to watch. They will not have one legit star that is an everyday player. It will be Zito, Lincecum and Cain and pray for Rain.

For the few of us in the bay area who are old enough to remember...

Not quite as big as the Niners first superbowl win, or the Warriors absolutely improbable NBA title in '75...Both those events had people crying...

But pretty darned amazing...particularly with only half a Baron...

One of the few...love the drama of the NBA playoffs when players finally start to care...

Cool 44
Been, the Warriors already went somewhere. They weren't supposed to make the playoffs, and did. They weren't supposed to beat Dallas, and did. It isn't like Houston or Utah has Bill Russell in their lineup. As you often do, you give a strong opinion, but it is wrong in this situation.

ncball, I don't equate the Warriors beating Dallas with the 81 Super Bowl or the 75 Championships, in any way. I am not a fan of the NBA and have not been for many years. I am especially not a fan of the way Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson conduct themselves. I agree the Warriors and the media have made this a huge story and TSN/Barkley are feeding it. For me to ever become a fan, the Warriors will have to conduct themselves well over a long period of time, and play well; play exciting basketball. I am hesitant to believe Davis, Jackson and some others will do that.
Last edited by infielddad
After 13 years, it was enough for most bay area fans to even make it to the playoffs - particularly given the run that they had to make to get there. To continue that run by upsetting a 1 seed is pure and total joy. If the roll stops in the next round it will still have been the best NBA news around here in years... beats the heck out of players sulking, attacking coaches etc....
With apologies to Tower of Power…
Last time the Warriors won a title, I was still a young man. After last night, I gotta believe I got a soul vaccination. Golden State just needed to get back to Oakland, and Nellie needed to remind everyone what is hip. Warrior fans believe this time is real and we really ought to be having fun.
Yes there's only so much oil in the ground, but Dirk found that there’s a lot of East Bay Grease in the lane. Never mind the squib cakes baby, Baron had the Oakland Stroke last night and he was droppin it in the slot.
Now that Steven Jackson has proven that you can successfully change horses in the middle of a stream, let's hope he can behave himself when he goes down to the nightclub.
What a night at the Orena. Ronnie Lott, Snoop Dog, Kate Hudson et al...and above the din you could almost hear Al Attles singing "We Came to Play".
After the game it was so very hard to go, but there ain’t nothin stopping us now. Bump de bump de bump.
Last edited by spizzlepop

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.