Skip to main content

And he gets a shot at the "next level" and I, the parent, can worry about all these issues discussed.

Will somebody please pick up my son for the post season? He is the best player on his team.

Insterested parties only.

Scouts...

Will only accept 80% scholarship or above, or 2nd round money or better.

Here is a picture for his recruiting profile.........

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:
"Backyard Baseball" was one of my boys favorite computer/video game when they were little...I am not sure that it is the "pure" form of baseball KG is looking for since there was a lot of chatter and trash talkin between the players.

But what do I know ... I only have parenting experience, no MLB background here. Wink

I dont know about little im almost 17 and i still find myself turning on the old PC upstairs and blowing the dust off the CD to play that game. Its so much fun, and i still get upset when i lose Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by DBAT GM:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
You will have to ask his advisor, he has all the info. Wink

Is he interested in playing in the fall and summer?

What exactly are his showcase plans for next summer?

Got any legitimate references?

Actually, we may be looking for a new team. Last year there were some concerns about him not getting to pitch when he wasn't catching. It is important for his HS development to get time on the mound when he is not behind the plate. We understand there may be better alternatives for your team as far as pitchers, but we are really trying to do what's best for him. Would your program be willing to let him pitch during championship games in tournaments when he isn't catching? I believe that is important for exposure. We want to make sure he is playing when the right people are in the stands.

Also, what about invitational opportunities. We understand that your organization participates in post season play. Unfortunately there are events we plan to attend during that time. Will this be a problem? In the past, due to his extreme talent, most coaches have allowed his extra activities to take priority over team schedules at times.

Also, we have been approached by another team wanting him to play some tournaments with them. Will this be a problem? We think playing for several teams will allow for no stone to be unturned.

References-

1. T-Ball Texan- coached my son until age 9 (days) select ball. TT has coached for 25 years for the TBBA and has 3 sons who have all played at the next level. He really knows the game.

2. Lesson Larry- LL has mentioned my son is the best pure hitter and pitcher he has ever worked with. Been with him since day one. In fact, he has given us discounts for our frequent visits. LL played semi-pro ball for 10 years. In fact, played with Honus Wagner he says.

3. Anthony Advisor- we have committed to him for any future negotions. We think it's important for the next 18 years to have him ready to make that big step.

4. Sammy Pro Scout- we have recieved 5 cards already. They call him everyday.

Contact numbers available if necessary, but I think some of them have since moved and changed numbers.

Let me know what you think DBAT GM. We sure would love for things to work out. We just want to make sure we do whats best for him first.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
quote:
KG - I hope you aren't plannin to coach his team...if you do you always have to deal with the parents that accuse you of playing "daddy ball" Wink

No chance. I don't want to end up like Lynn V. and show favorites.

I will be that guy who sits in the stands and never opens my mouth. (except to maybe sip on that water Wink during the games)
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
quote:
KG - I hope you aren't plannin to coach his team...if you do you always have to deal with the parents that accuse you of playing "daddy ball" Wink

No chance. I don't want to end up like Lynn V. and show favorites.

I will be that guy who sits in the stands and never opens my mouth. (except to maybe sip on that water Wink during the games)

We may need to bookmark this thread and bring it out again in about 4 or 5 years...you may be eatin your words. I think you will find that at the entry level rec ages the coaching will be so bad that you will cringe and will be itchin to get out there and teach the team the correct fundamentals....we aren't big baseball folks and we cringed watching our first few coaches in action...I think it was the first time they had ever been on any playing field. Smile
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
Originally posted by swingdoctor14:
It's not to early to start thinking about HS and Coach Payne is lookin for pitchin all the time at the ROCK. Housing is very afforable as well. Ken, Rockwall is a mecca for catchers too. 18 years in a row of Rockwalls catcher getting a scholly to play at the next level is still alive.

Can the coach garauntee us playing time? How do we know it's the right fit? We are looking for a HS that can provide us the opportunity to get to the next level. Really not interested in the past, only what they can do for us at this time. Big Grin
Last edited by Ken Guthrie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.