Skip to main content

By Andy Rooney,.... ( God Bless Him!! )

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting. Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, " Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? ", here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

" Pig " seems harsh IMO,....but I thought the rest was giggable! Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " Play both sports until the competition convinces you otherwise!! " " ...because baseball is just GOOD PRACTICE FOR LIFE ".
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SSMom - I've read that before... not sure where, but I love it. I really don't have a problem with being 44 for the very reasons listed in those very thoughts. I'm so much more comfortable with who I am and where I'm going than I was 20 years ago... aging and wisdom can bring a lot of peace and contentment to one's soul. Wink
Hello Ladies,

I guess I've been a bit busy lately...sewing for those who know I sew a lot...I too am in the over 40 crowd...the best part is that my four older siblings are turning 50 before me...There is one more before it is my turn...I have been so sweet to buy them all t-shirts reminding them too...it is possible I wiil get them all back in 2.5 years...my Mother didn't like it when I said, "All your 50's babies are turning 50". I too like being in my forties...I would never want to do it again!

Ya'll take care now!
Well I'm 48 and planning my 50th birthday party. When I was young with no gravitational pull my husband (28 years now) turned to me and said "If we are togeter when you turn 50 you can go anywhere you want to go. On July 5 (1 day after my birthday) we are planning on leaving for Italy. Not my husband and I but my sister,mom and the happy little 50 yr. old. Husband says he can't go because sons are playing baseball. (oh well) Make a promise live with it. The day I turned 40 I delt different. Not sad but empowered, can't wait to see 50...or maybe can't wait to see the men in Italy when I turn 50 who knows?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.