Skip to main content

C.C. 15  Momence 5 game was closer than score ended up being.In C.C. last AB visiting team look to have run out of pitching.Score at that time was 9-5.If anyone actually reads this I have a question.....Does anyone know what the H.S. stat for most HBP in an inning?looked last night for a time could not find.2016 got it twice in last AB. There were a number of others.Up tonite Gardner south wilmington. 

Originally Posted by USD24:

Originally Posted by jolietboy:
Making the trip down to lincolnland this weekend to see my alma mater (joliet catholic) play carmel.  Bringing my son.  Should be fun. I miss the level of baseball there.

Should be good games.  Reminder that games don't start until 2PM because of ACT testing.

Thought it was 2:30?  So I have to ask are you affiliated with the Hill?

Making the trip down to lincolnland this weekend to see my alma mater (joliet catholic) play carmel.  Bringing my son.  Should be fun. I miss the level of baseball there.

Should be good games.  Reminder that games don't start until 2PM because of ACT testing.

I think you are right.  I'm an alum who played in late 80's and have a son on the team now. 

I think you are right.  I'm an alum who played in late 80's and have a son on the team now. 

Uh oh.  You may be a living testament to how little I knew when I first started coaching.  I may want to go the dialogue route from here.  Good chance I know you and 50/50 I coached you.  In which case I extend my apologies for my lack of knowledge in those days!  I have learned a lot over the years.

Uh oh.  You may be a living testament to how little I knew when I first started coaching.  I may want to go the dialogue route from here.  Good chance I know you and 50/50 I coached you.  In which case I extend my apologies for my lack of knowledge in those days!  I have learned a lot over the years.

Was trying to follow JCA today on Game Changer.. Must not have a live feed. Bummer

Stopped by the Joliet West v Simeon game today. JW 6. Sim 0. J West on a nice roll as of late. Simeon had a couple of studs. Their SS is committed to Illinois. 

Originally Posted by proudhesmine:

C.C. 5   Plainfield E.  15.  Sad showing from the guys.I really hope something is learned today.Up 5-1 in the 5th.P.E. rallys to 5-4.6th P.E. Goes up 7-5 with runners on and 2 outs procedes to go thru 3 pitchers(Including starter) and scores 8 runs.Second game only played 5 innings.Game was for the guys that don't get a ton of innings.With 13 players on team looks like depth of pitching could be problem thru current stretch. 16 games in 20 days doesn't seem to be enough.Added 3 more games to make 19 out of 20.Thank goodness for Sundays.Next up J.T.W on monday.

Depth of Pitching is no problem it seems!

Originally Posted by wsoxfanatic:

Watched the Lemont v JCA regional final on HS Cube today. Great pitchers duel as both starters went all 9 innings. Lemont came thru with the upset winning 2-1. 

saw that on twitter...  very sad for we joliet catholic alums.  But congrats to lemont.  Did Danny Goggins go there?

Got Smoked today.Lemont is way out of our league.It is what it is but playing a school 2 1/2 times  ( 602  vs.  1400-1500 ) another schools student head count doesn't seam to fit well. Our team was  way way  better last year.No comparison what so ever to lemont even this year. So even using that squad we would be out classed.Get past the 4-5th guy along with bench players NONE of our kids would even make thier team.In the important games if 2 of our kids couldn't string together back to back hits along with someother way of getting a kid on ahead of them we had problems.Thats how we won thurs. double then a single = 1 run. Now I completly realize the huge disparity between the coaching staffs accounts for alot.Pulling 12 regularly played real baseball players is alot easier when you have the number of kids they have. With this years team we had MAYBE 2 kids that would be able to be 1 of the 12.Along with maybe 2 others that would just be a part of the JV team.The rest would have been done after frosh year at the very best. Please don't think I'm hammering our kids because of todays game.But in the area I live the best baseball in the state is being played. On this years team we have 4 kids that play summer ball.Well really 3 that kid has the talent but wherever he has been playing in the summer should give the kid his money back. Last year we had 8 kids that played summer ball.Our record was misleading.and believe it or not we should have won 2 more games but for whatever the reason pitcher was pulled and we lost.One of the game the kid had a no no thru 4 full.I feel bad for the seniors with that type of a loss.Thier good kids.Well on a good note.The reedcuster kids (Braidwood) won thier sectional championship today.Brad played with the bulk of that team in the summer of 7th grade.Took me a year or so but finally talked a couple of thier kids to come play summer ball with Brad. The 3 kids were the 1st thru 3rd guys pitching.Didn't take long for the north of 55 kids to hang the name  "The country Boys " on them.The name kinda fit liked by all.Good bunch of kids.They have the pitching.They will be playing monday at benedictin in lisle.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.