Skip to main content

We have a couple of in home visits scheduled this week.  We have also had 4 "advisors" call this past week.  My son has had scouts at every game but usually only a few (1 to 5).  He had a very so so summer last summer and moved down the PG ratings (still hanging in the top 500 group), but added a split and curve this season and his FB has recently jumped up a little up to 93 maintaining 90 in the 7th inning.  we had given up on the draft until recently.  Two questions 1) what do you ask in a in home visit 2) is it to late for this draft?  Would like to hear from some PG folks, parents of recent draft picks or scouts.  

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats on the progress.

1) Ask anything you feel relevant to the process and you feel unsure about. Scouts' intentions are to get a feel for your son as a person, as well as his interest in potentially playing professional baseball for their organization. At the same time, a scout is also trying to make your son (and, as an important extension, your family) comfortable with the process. Scouts realize that it can be somewhat overwhelming at times, especially when there are uncertainties involved. I usually describe the interaction as "respectfully informal," as both sides are attempting to feel professional comfort in one another in a personal setting. Be respectful of general professional boundaries, but don't hesitate to ask questions you truly wish to ask.

2) To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Scouts wouldn't be making home visits to a draft eligible player if they weren't potentially interested in drafting him.

Last edited by J H

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.