Skip to main content

With all the discussion pertaining to changes in recruiting landscape (transfer portal, NIL, head coaching changes, etc) , over the last 2 weeks we did an internal project to understand the incoming recruiting class.

Here is a 1st glance of our findings.

Total Players is total number of new players on that season's roster

Freshman - we've tagged true freshman vs covid or redshirt freshman

Transfers -we've reconciled players that have transferred into new school

Feedback appreciate.

CBI-Incoming-Recruiting-Class-Summary

Attachments

Images (1)
  • CBI-Incoming-Recruiting-Class-Summary
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Interesting data, thanks for sharing.  Seems like fairly consistent ratio's across conferences and a general shift toward transfers but not a huge jump.  The two things that stand out to me (OK, maybe a bit of captain obvious) is how little ACC makes use of Juco and that Pac12 is trending away from using Juco's with the West Coast always being such a hotbed of talented JC players.

@cabbagedad posted:

Interesting data, thanks for sharing.  Seems like fairly consistent ratio's across conferences and a general shift toward transfers but not a huge jump.  The two things that stand out to me (OK, maybe a bit of captain obvious) is how little ACC makes use of Juco and that Pac12 is trending away from using Juco's with the West Coast always being such a hotbed of talented JC players.

Once the season starts, we will be able to get better numbers.  I think the numbers for PAC12 will be close.  The majority of the CCCAA Juco players go D2

Once the season starts, we will be able to get better numbers.  I think the numbers for PAC12 will be close.  The majority of the CCCAA Juco players go D2

Thanks CBI.  Yeah I know the two big D2 conferences in CA are rostered very heavy JC and there are a few Pac schools that don't typically go that route (and that MANY CA JC players go all over the country at various levels).  But I'm still used to seeing quite a few rostered on many of the other Pac schools, including those in the Pacific Northwest.

@cabbagedad posted:

Thanks CBI.  Yeah I know the two big D2 conferences in CA are rostered very heavy JC and there are a few Pac schools that don't typically go that route (and that MANY CA JC players go all over the country at various levels).  But I'm still used to seeing quite a few rostered on many of the other Pac schools, including those in the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like Washington went only had 2 transfers for the 2023 season

Washington_2023_Player_attrition_Incoming_Players

vs 2022 season

Washington_2022_Player_attrition_Incoming_Players

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Washington_2022_Player_attrition_Incoming_Players
  • Washington_2023_Player_attrition_Incoming_Players

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.