As with most things it depends. For example here in the North East where kids are usually shut down I think at best it's a waste and at worst you are going to get your kid hurt....

My 2020 RHP going into his main recruiting year this past winter planned to start going to college camps the second week in February, but again that was planned from when he shut down the previous season. One school that was on his list had a camp in late January, we decided that wasn't worth it. PBR in NY has their showcases in the end of Feb, and those are feeders for the state games.

Son was 1st seen by current coach at an indoor camp in January. The showcase was put on by his club team coach. There were many D1 schools there and some pro scouts. He was only 15. He ran really well. I think it was helpful. But, I’m not sure if those camps are allowed in January anymore?

The PBR Super 60 is also indoor in February and not a money grab.  In terms of the others, it depends on what you are after.  If your son has made big gains and you want to document before summer (because it is hard to get anything in during hs spring ball) then it is worth it, if you are looking to be seen, it is probably better to wait until summer.

Sons have attended PBRs indoor showcases in the end of Feb. These are feeders for their state games (though plenty of players make the state games without participating). They are good with social media. Pushed a school that my son was speaking to to offer. Got my younger son on the radar of a few schools.

Add Reply

Likes (0)