Skip to main content

mysonsacatcher posted:

My son has above average ability.  He is very athletic, not only in baseball but also in other sports.  As a dad, you think there may be some baseball for him after high school.....maybe junior college.....maybe 4 year. Now you are just hoping he can play the game again at all and if he can't, how do you deal with this?  Baseball is his love and to think it could possibly be over is a very tough pill to swallow. 

I am sorry that your 13 year old had to have surgery.

One question for you. Your son is 13, had issues. Why in the world didn't you just shut it down after baseball? Why didnt you just give it a rest?

TPM posted:
mysonsacatcher posted:

My son has above average ability.  He is very athletic, not only in baseball but also in other sports.  As a dad, you think there may be some baseball for him after high school.....maybe junior college.....maybe 4 year. Now you are just hoping he can play the game again at all and if he can't, how do you deal with this?  Baseball is his love and to think it could possibly be over is a very tough pill to swallow. 

I am sorry that your 13 year old had to have surgery.

One question for you. Your son is 13, had issues. Why in the world didn't you just shut it down after baseball? Why didnt you just give it a rest?

The injury occurred in the spring football game.  It was a freak accident.  Not only does he play baseball but he also plays football and soccer.  I don't think kids at this age should be playing one sport only.  They need to be well rounded athletes.

Very glad to hear the news is good.  Best of luck to your son in the rehab process--it can be a grind, but is very important.  I have spent many hours keeping both my kids company while they did PT.  I'd rather they hadn't been injured of course, but in retrospect we had some excellent conversations while they were doing reps or icing afterwards.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.