Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

"The journey is the reward." We have that on a plaque on the bedside table.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." Steve Prefontaine

"If you dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize." Muhammed Ali

You can do a search - "sports quotes" - there are 100's to choose from.

Also, one of my favorites - "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your heart." Ecclesiastes 9:10
I'm thinking of using my new signature line for son's senior ad.
Course I haven't run it by him. . . , but who's paying for the ad Big Grin

Agree with redhead ~ do a search ~ even "baseball quotes" if you want something specific to the game, and you will discover tons!

Also like -

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall." Confucious

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatima Ghandi

Also thought about parts of Rudyard Kipling's "If" for son's senior ad.

Last two years, hubby has created his own saying ~ let me know if you can't find anything you like and I can tap his genuis. Smile
Last edited by veryproudmom
Well, the goal is to play beyond high school. This is his Senior year and he was not an early signer - we knew it would be that way. Anyway - if something happens that the dream doesn't work out - he needs to remember that it was not wasted time and effort. I guess it could be paraphrased as "Enjoy the present and all it entails."
Curveball ...
Here's one I just thought of based on Redhead’s’ 'enjoy the present' that would include all time periods:
"Cherish the past, enjoy the present, and claim the future.”

Charlotte ...
quote:
I'm sure G. welcomes you to join her by the pond.

Pardon me but I just inhaled hot tea up my nose after reading that. You are one clever clever woman ... but then, who didn't already know that?
Feel like I've dropped the ball on this one. Have a book I keep digging in the basement for with good baseball quotes in it. Just cant seem to figure out which plastic bin its in,...probably the farthest away one behind all the halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas bins. Shoot,..gotta dig out the ol' Valentines box anyways tonight, so I hope to find it,..and then will share!
Didn't mean to leave ya hangin' curveball 07'!
Im usually a day late and a dollar short,..but most of the time I cant keep my mouth shut come through,...... eventually! Big Grin
Last edited by shortstopmom
Thanks for all your responses! I have several great ones to choose from. I also did a search on the site and found all kinds of sayings. Love the "Cherish the past, enjoy the present and claim the future!".

Now, I'm reading the thread on getting white pants clean as our Texas High School season has begun. With all the wet weather we've had, his new Southland pants now have a splattered look - a leopard or cheetah pattern!

I'm not complaining - just thankful to be scrubbing those pants for the last senior season! Hopefully other senior moms can relate....
curveball07 -- I know this post does not belong here, but I do have a great way to clean pants. Sounds crazy, but works great -- the car wash. Hang them where the car mats go and just spray them off. The pressure knocks off the dirt and then I just drop them in the washer. I am assuming the pants are not a cotton blend, but the traditional polyester. Happy cleaning!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.