Skip to main content

I was perusing the website of an NAIA school and watched a video in which a pitcher said most of his teammates commuted to the school. This is in a large metro area where players could live anywhere from 10 minutes to more than an hour away. (I'm assuming most live with mom and dad at least during their frosh/soph years.) I was very surprised, as I would think the coach would require all his players to live on campus since there are so many practices -- and at all times of the day.

Is this typical of D1 and D2 programs? Are players usually required to live on-campus? I know that many programs have their players run at 5 or 6 a.m. I can't imagine having to drive to campus in order to do that.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Is this typical of D1 and D2 programs? Are players usually required to live on-campus? I know that many programs have their players run at 5 or 6 a.m. I can't imagine having to drive to campus in order to do that.

Every school is differant. The dorms at my son's school are practically medieval. All of the players live their first year in apartments across from the urban campus. The shorter the commute to campus, obviously the better off you are.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.