Here is the update from the minor league world of James Wood.
1. They found out that there will be 4 to a 2-bedroom apartment in Lake Elsinore (Low A where he will start his season), furnished with twin beds. He (6'7") and Jackson (6'3") are already trying to figure out if they can fit bigger beds in their rooms. Maybe no room for bean bags. Hahaha
2. Season starts April 8th and Kenny, the girls and I will be there for the first series (away) and part of the second series (home).
3. Kenny was out at Spring Training a couple of weeks ago and got some very positive and consistent feedback from coaches and execs about James's work ethic, performance, sense of humor and coachability (he's initially shy and quiet so if they are seeing that it's because he's comfortable so it's a good thing).
4. His day starts at 6:30am every day and during his downtime he's usually exhausted/sleeping
5. Cuts have started (and some guys have retired) which is so hard...no matter how or why it's the end of a dream...
6. We have to beg him for details. Like I'll say "How was your day." And he's say "Decent." and I'll say, "What does that mean?" And I won't get a response. Then three hours later I'll get a text from Kenny (I'm back in Moz right now) who talked to Jackson's Dad and the two of them went 7-10 and James almost hit for the cycle (missed the double). He's hit 4 HRs that we know of. One monster shot against the Dodgers last Monday and then he did this yesterday):