Skip to main content

I know that there have been some teams that have gone to Europe in the summer...Italy, etc. to play in tourneys. Does anyone know of similar things happening in Japan? I think exposure to the Japanese style of baseball woudl be good for most high school players. I think it may impress upon them the importance of fundementally sound baseball. If anyone knows anything I'd be glad to hear about it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bob Williams (Consultant) has a national coverage and Pete Caliendo has a local coverage. He is gearing up towards taking a team possibly this summer. Nothing can compete as far as Japan, I did it it '96 and it was an experience that I will never forget. PRESSURE around every corner, if your not prepared then your in for a long two weeks. I will be recruiting for Pete in the future. You can email him at petercaliendo@comcast.net
For people who are intersted in traveling overseas I can offer two opinions. It is very expensive and very rewarding. You have to do a heck of a lot of fundraising to make it happen unless you have a few thousand dollars lying around for your son to play baseball. But if you can afford it or you have the means with which to fundraise the money.......... Why not?
Coach Genke (SCN) and myself will be putting together a team for a early August (u-18) trip to Curacao. A week's worth tour of games down in the southern Carribean. Go to USAAI.org for information or PM me for specific details. This will be our second time down to the ABC islands for a baseball specific tour.
Last edited by jarthur

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.