Skip to main content

I guess McKinney Boyd was flat and unmotivated tonight against Jesuit, kind of like Plano West last week. " NOT" Everyone including PW need to give the Jans kid his dues! He is one of the best pitchers in the DFW area period!
"Everything looks nicer when you WIN. The girls are prettier. The cigars taste better. The trees are greener." (Billy Martin New York Yankees)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by BASE - STEALER:
I guess McKinney Boyd was flat and unmotivated tonight against Jesuit, kind of like Plano West last week. " NOT" Everyone including PW need to give the Jans kid his dues! He is one of the best pitchers in the DFW area period!

Jans did pitch good last night. He's not overpowering by any means, but he hits his spots and has one of the better changeups I've seen so far this season. I have no idea if he is going to play in college, but I'm sure there is a place for him somewhere.
quote:
Originally posted by ironhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Mr. Janswheeeee is your son going to college? McKinney Boyd is a tough win, whew. Congrats!

God you make all Plano West fans look bad. I hope you realize how big a douchebag you are.

Ironhorse, I know it's tough but you'll be much better off ignoring hornsr1. He only posts to get a reaction not to actually discuss baseball. And he doesn't make all PW fans look bad, just himself.
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Kids --- LEARN TO THROW A CHANGEUP!

Coaches -- TEACH THE CHANGEUP and LET THEM THROW IT!

Just sayin.....

Completely agree. The handful of guys I've seen use a changeup at least somewhat effectively this season have really been able to keep hitters off balance by not allowing the hitter to sit on the fastball. And you don't need to have a blazing fastball for a changeup to be effective, otherwise Jamie Moyer would've been out of a big league job years ago instead of still pitching in his mid 40s.
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Bronco,

Great point. However, it si difficult to be successful agt the next level with a fastball at 82 and a changeup at 78.

Hopefully Boyd will make the playoffs, they have some good players.

See Horns, you are capable of good baseball conversation. And I agree with you. Having success beyond high school throwing in the lows 80s is more the exception than the norm. The guys who do manage to do it have pinpoint accuracy with all their pitches and just a deep understanding of pitching overall.

And I feel very confident Boyd will make the playoffs. Just not sure which spot yet. I'll post the updated district standings after Friday's games since round 1 of district play will be over then.
quote:
Great point. However, it si difficult to be successful agt the next level with a fastball at 82 and a changeup at 78.

Learn to pitch backwards in the count and that changeup will make that 82mph fastball look like 88. If you learn to hit your spots 82 and 78mph can be effective enough to win games, especially to a fastball hitting team.
Overall the Rangers played a pretty good game against PW. They could have gotten a few more timely hits against a kid who had average stuff, de Gruy could have had a bit more control (2 HB/4 walks)and the two errors in the 9th made the game closer than it should have been. He has given up 4 hits in his last two outings. Josh Bell was domnating at the plate. The team continues to improve and they have not played their best game to date. This was the first outing for de Gruy in three weeks (out sick) and he did look a bit rusty but in the end he showed alot of composure and competitiveness in allowing 2 hits and SO 8 - and the last kid with the bases loaded and a full count with a 3 - 1 lead. With continued improvement and their current pitching rotation, the Rangers could go deep into the playoffs!! Go Rangers!!
Congratulations to Jesuit, '09 - '10 outright District 8-5A Baseball CHAMPS!! A 10 - 1 district record. What a turnaround from last season... First year Head Coach Brian Jones and his staff has done an outstanding job with this team... This team continues to grow and mature with each game...Their defense and offense continues to improve and their pitching is very deep with de Gruy, Jans, Friemuth and Cleavland +++... If this trend continues they should have a nice run in the playoffs.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.