Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry Guys....I'm new at this posting pictures thing...I wanted to include the article,too...but I'm having trouble getting them together...Just wanted to share a picture of my Handsome Son!!

Here's a portion of the article anyway...I Hope!

POPLARVILLE - No. 1-ranked Pearl River Community College blew past rival Copiah-Lincoln 12-2, 8-5 in MACJC South Division doubleheader baseball action here Wednesday to improve to 36-6 overall and 8-2 in league.
PRCC, the defending state and division champions, wrapped up the first game in six innings via the 10-run rule; then bounced back from a 3-2 deficit in the nightcap with a huge six-run effort in the fourth - thanks in part to a grand slam home run by Bailey Hartel of Oak Grove - to take its 36th win of the season.

In the first game, things started horribly for the visiting Wolves; as the Wildcats first two batters reached on back-to-back errors before Ryne Lovdahl of Purvis reached on a bunt after Co-Lin's throw to first belted him in the back and scored PRCC's first run. John Wayne Donahue of Quinlan Ford H.S. (TX) followed with a two-run double before Martin Roark of Oak Grove reached via a fielder's choice with Donahue sliding safely into third.
J.P. Moreax of Picayune High then drove in Donahue with a sacrifice, while Roark's courtesy runner Chris Stewart of Picayune High scored off a single by Jordan Rogers of Biloxi St. Martin. Richard Imhoff of Picayune High flew out to end the inning with PRCC up 5-0.

Co-Lin went three up, three down in the top of the second; but the Wildcats padded their lead to 8-zip in the bottom of the frame when Lovdahl smashed a one-out double and Donahue followed with a two-run homer (his team high 10th of the year). PRCC finished with a whopping 16 hits, led by Donahue and Imhoff who both homered, doubled, and singled.
Last edited by Duke's Mom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.