Skip to main content

"JT", a HSBBW old timer, passed away this afternoon after a tragic accident in Lynchburg, VA. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they cope with his loss.

I don't post often, but read alot, and know that so many of you are friends.

JT passed away while throwing BP on the baseball field at Lynchburg College. He was a kind man, who shared so much knowledge and passion here.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Just Yesterday:
"JT", a HSBBW old timer, passed away this afternoon after a tragic accident in Lynchburg, VA. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they cope with his loss.

I don't post often, but read alot, and know that so many of you are friends.

JT passed away while throwing BP on the baseball field at Lynchburg College. He was a kind man, who shared so much knowledge and passion here.

I met Jeff last year in Lynchburg. Him and I have been very close. He has been very supportive of my son. Can you please post more details.
Last edited by ClevelandDad
"It seems the older the boys get...the faster the time flies and the less time we have to enjoy their ride."

This is the conclusion of an email I received on 4/20/09 from our wonderful and caring friend, and my DIII sharing cyber parent, JT.
For some reason, I think Jeff's spirit would want his message to be shared.
As I read it, and read CD's post, I am overwhelmed with grief. My thoughts are with Jeff's family in hopes they will find comfort in knowing how much he loved them, and especially with Jeff, Jr. and JT's Dad
Oh my god, I just can't believe it, this is getting to be too much. I just can not imagine how JT junior must be right now.

I am so sad, my heart breaks for his family.

JT, one of the nicest sweetest persons I have met here. His dad is a big Cardinals fan, so he was always inquiring about how DK was doing and a huge fan.

I am at a loss for words.
quote:
Originally posted by deldad:
I can not find the words. My thoughts and prayers go to JT's family. My heart aches for his son.

There are to many angels in heaven tonight.

That was an unbelievably gracious post. My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family deldad. There are indeed too many angels in heaven this evening cry
I just wish it all would end. I've been trying to find the words for the past hour. As I was just telling a member via Facebook, we don't realize how small a community the game of baseball is until something like this happens.

Here we are people from all over the United States and even from around the world remembering Mr. Taylor tonight because he opened his heart and his life to all of us on this site as many of us do on here each and every day. These communities become tight groups and something like this just tears us all apart.

I just hope this period of tragedy ends soon. I will be headed to bed here soon; I have a feeling I'll cry myself to sleep tonight..

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.