Skip to main content

Hello,

I am a senior in HS, and a local D2 JUCO head coach had recently attended one of my fall ball games, we talked after the game and he said he liked what he saw. He also said that he can give a max of $1000 to the athletes - he verbally offered me the $1000 on the spot, but I've read that the majority of D2 JUCO baseball scholarships are normally close to full rides. Is this true? Or is this a situation of funding with the school?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Thank You

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had a player who was offered a75% scholarship a few years ago and he was so excited. He took it made all arrangements then got a bill for $20,000. He was offered 75% scholarship on tuition which did not include room and board. Even though this is a different school model compared to your situation it is an example of why you should see the entire picture that is presented. 

VMarlins posted:

Great question and you are right to want to see it in writing. There are tuition scholarships and full room/board/tuition scholarships. You need to know exactly what the total cost of each school. it is great to have an offer. But be smart. If you want to call to discuss feel free. 4344894544. Coach Fulton

STOP LISTING YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND STOP TRYING TO SOLICIT ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A CHILD!

The $1000 offer may be the limit set by his school, not by the NJCAA.

"Each institution belonging to the NJCAA chooses to compete on the Division I, II or III level in designated sports. Division I colleges may offer full athletic scholarships a maximum of tuition, fees, room and board, course related books, up to $250 in course required supplies, and transportation costs one time per academic year to and from the college by direct route. Division II colleges are limited to awarding tuition, fees, course related books, and up to $250 in course required supplies. Division III institutions may provide no athletically related financial assistance. However, NJCAA colleges that do not offer athletic aid may choose to participate at the Division I or II level if they so desire."

http://www.njcaa.org/eligibility/faq

Suds posted:

D1 JUCOS are the ones that can offer tuition, room and board.  D2 does not have housing on campus and have a small dollar amount to offset tuition

On that note be sure the state allows JuCo's to offer scholarships.  For example, when my son attended a D2 JuCo in VA (In state), as noted NJCAA allows scholarships (tuition and books only for D2 Juco's), but the state (Virginia) did not allow it.  Fortunately, he qualified for a grant from the state that covered 95% of his tuition.

VMarlins posted:

I had a player who was offered a75% scholarship a few years ago and he was so excited. He took it made all arrangements then got a bill for $20,000. He was offered 75% scholarship on tuition which did not include room and board. Even though this is a different school model compared to your situation it is an example of why you should see the entire picture that is presented. 

VMarlins, why give an example of ANY school other than what the OP specifically requested info abt? Juco's are entirely different, man! This tidbit of advice is totally irrelevant to the question asked, don't you agree? 

AND, you should stop advertising in every post! FYI, there are more than a few of us on here that have been thru the recruiting process, (some different levels & military academies) some thru the draft, minors & MLB. Some old timers have been here 15+ years. Take a look at the tabs across the top. There you will find the why's, where for's & how to's of this great site. Then take a gander at the Golden Thread...You'll soon learn we have quite a few folks here that really do know a thing or 2. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm to promote your site...but hsbaseballweb.com has addressed this in Policies. http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/advertise.htm

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.