Skip to main content

Another season winding down - another MLB draft approaching....who's still on the list? Who added himself to the list as a result of this season?

Disclaimer -- this topic is intended to be fun. It may include a list (meaningless or otherwise). Smile

Possibilities, in no particular order:

Cameron Rupp - Prestonwoood Christian Academy
Joe Leftridge - Duncanville
Blake Beavan - Irving
Casey Johnson - Mesquite
Chase Reid - SLC
Jonathan Kaskow - Coppell
Tant Shepherd - Flower Mound
Ryan Pressly - FM Marcus
Kenny Gilbert - DeSoto
Preston Springer - Denton
Brandon Workman - Bowie
Stayton Thomas - Corsicana
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TimeToStepUp -- I just threw the list out there as a starting point. I have a pretty good idea on the "movement" that you describe, but I included their names anyway. My intent was to have YOU dig so I could sit back and observe. Wink

My bad, KD, I knew it was SLC but typed Keller anyway.

I agree with adding Gilbert to the list and I wondered about Springer, but hadn't heard his name mentioned definitively.

Actually, I only see 5 of the names as "sure things". I'll add a few more for the sake of ongoing discussion.
Last edited by Panther Dad
Possibilities, in no particular order:

Cameron Rupp - Prestonwoood Christian Academy
Joe Leftridge - Duncanville
Blake Beavan - Irving
Casey Johnson - Mesquite
Chase Reid - SLC
Jonathan Kaskow - Coppell
Ken Guthrie - Bull Pen University
Tant Shepherd - Flower Mound
Ryan Pressly - FM Marcus
Kenny Gilbert - DeSoto
Preston Springer - Denton
Brandon Workman - Bowie
Stayton Thomas - Corsicana
IMO, Terrance Jackson, Carrollton Newman Smith, was one of the best prospects that Coppell played this year. A left hander with a 90 MPH fastball and a super athlete. I don't think that he was as "polished" as some of the other names mentioned above at the high school level but he has tremendous potential.
Last edited by higg
Texan,
I'm certain you're always correct in your assessments.
I too, was an attendee of BSU for a brief period (many years later), until I was dismissed due to my academic prowess.
And FO was going for the southern drawl in his writing. Such as our own Julia Roberts used in Steel Magnolias. It added style to his work.
Last edited by collikar
quote:
by KG
As for me, been there done that............

As for most of you all.........dreams and speculation are all you have. Smile

In about 4 weeks (after HS graduation) will I become a resident PRO on HSBB, since I will be able to say I have been there done that?

Can I bash all that haven't walked my walk, start demanding resumes of experience when I don't agree with you or don't personally know who you are?

Dreams and Speculation

I speculate that one day you will be in our shoes dreaming about the good old days when you were on the outside looking in.
Last edited by oldbat-never
quote:

In about 4 weeks (after HS graduation) will I become a resident PRO on HSBB, since I will be able to say I have been there done that?

Nope....sorry. You must have at least put a jock strap on at the JV level. Just washing them don't count and sitting in the stands with a Booster Club pin only counts for a free coffee when you get cold in early Feb.

quote:
I speculate that one day you will be in our shoes dreaming about the good old days when you were on the outside looking in.

Wrong again...any dreams about baseball will be my sons dreams. Hopefully by then as a parent I will have as much knowledge of the game as all of you.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
OBN, you'll just never understand what it is like to have your entire life defined by: (a) having been squatted down & used for a bullpen target; and (b) having failed as a coach to win a CM WS (while blaming the loss on a couple of players who went to AC, AFLAC or some such showcase).

You just don't know what you're missing. Big Grin

Okay, PD, I'll stop there... Wink
Last edited by Texan
quote:
Originally posted by Texan:
OBN, you'll just never understand what it is like to have your entire life defined by: (a) having been squatted down & used for a bullpen target; and (b) having failed as a coach to win a CM WS (while blaming the loss on a couple of players who went to AC, AFLAC or some such showcase).

You just don't know what you're missing. Big Grin

Big Grin

I know what you are missing though........

Facts, experience, and a life.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.