Skip to main content

Good luck this week to the three teams with IL kids on the rosters: Bo Jackson Midwest, Cangelosi Baseball, and Midwest Blazers. Many of us here will be pulling for you and wishing you well.

Why isn't this tournament televised?

By the way, if there are other teams with IL kids, please let me know so I can follow them as well.

Good luck guys.

Mike F
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

St Louis Pirates roster for Jupiter

Name Position Height Weight Bats Throws Grad HighSchool
Alexander, Brandon OF P 6-1 175 L L 2009 Oakville
Belew, Alex P 6-2 190 R L 2009 Fort Zumwalt West
Borgschulte, Matt OF P 6-2 177 R R 2009 Parkway Central
Conley, Nick P 3B 6-0 160 L R 2009 Francis Howell North
Flett, Andy P 6-7 185 R R 2009 Lindbergh
Gibbs, John MIF P 6-1 165 R R 2009 Walton
Higgs, Cody OF C/MIF 6-2 160 S R 2009 Lindbergh
Huck, Ryan C 1B 6-5 240 R R 2009 Oakville
Maggio, Zach SS 2B 5-10 155 R R 2009 Edwardsville
Mullins, David P 5-11 170 S L 2009 Desmet
Powers, Jake P 5-10 155 L R 2009 Francis Howell Central
Richardson, Ryan SS 2B 5-11 175 R R 2009 Parkway North
Schaeffer, Tony P 1B/OF 6-2 165 L L 2009 Carlyle (IL)
Strauss, Lee 1B OF 6-3 190 R R 2009 CBC
Tindall, Nick C OF 6-4 190 R R 2009 O'Fallon (IL)
Zellers, Zac OF MIF 5-11 170 R R 2009 Rockwood Summit
Last edited by gitnby
BaseballWebTV is putting highlights up on their site during the tourney. I found this link in the General forum:
http://www.baseballwebtv.com/Search.aspx?Tag=2008+WWBA+...p+-+Jupiter&Filter=2

On page 3 there is a highlight play by Bo Jackson Midwest's 2B. Anyone we know?

Another highlight on page 5 when the Bo Jackson team's CF dives but can't get the ball...but watch what happens at home plate.

There are several highlights from the White Sox scout team...are those players from IL?

Any other players you know in these highlights?

Julie
were you going to tell me Milroy was in the scout league? The earlier post in another thread stated they were combining teams with players in the scout league so I figured there would be a bunch of kids from the scout league on the Bo Jackson team. My impression was it would be mainly Illinois kids. like I said, maybe that was misinformation on here that I read.
Nails

Milroy played with them all fall. Again, you dont have any substance behind anything you post. Why do you?

The team is a mixture of Cangy guys with midwest redbirds, and grand rapids diamonds. Redbirds are run by brian hopkins who is a midwest scout for the St. Louis Cardinals. The Diamonds are run by Billy Peterson out of michigan.

What do you do for a living? and how are you able to get on this website so much?
Last edited by Coach Steeley
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coach Steeley:
Nails

Milroy played with them all fall. Again, you dont have any substance behind anything you post. Why do you?

The team is a mixture of Cangy guys with midwest redbirds, and grand rapids diamonds. Redbirds are run by brian hopkins who is a midwest scout for the St. Louis Cardinals. The Diamonds are run by Billy Peterson out of michigan.

What do you do for a living? and how are you able to get on this website so much?[/QUOTE

Carefull, Coach! He's a slippery one, that guy...
Steeley,
They brought 3 teams to the Kernels foundation and he wasn't on any one of the rosters. Milroy did play in the scout league, so I figured they just picked him up and brought him to florida. If you say he played with them all fall then he probably did, I know for a fact he didn't play with them last year.

There's a little substance behind that I would say and I asked a question. You answered it, why do you continue to try to discredit things I say, why do you take everything I say as an attack on you or your organization. There's plenty of guys on here that post alot more than I do, did you ask all them what they do for a living? I like checking the site when I have time and seeing what people are talking about, it's fun to me. I don't care who the team is consisting of, I read they MIGHT combine teams with the scout league. I wondered if that happened and expressed how I thought it would be mostly IL kids going, since they are the only team from IL. We expressed how there's a ton of talent in ILLinois in the past. What are you so defensive about all the time? Relax, i'm not the bad guy just asking questions.
Nails,

I do not belong to any organizations, I just know the ones that are doing things ethically right and have kids best interests at heart.

I dont try to discredit you, I think you discredit yourself by not having any basis or substance behind your statements, yet blanketing them as fact and instigating arguments.

Nothing would be wrong with debating but I dont think you want that. You would rather raise peoples blood pressure by stirring the pot.

It doesnt make me defensive, just reveals your insecurities.

I am sure you will have a brilliant response for me. So fire away
STEELEY, Come on don't belong to any organization? You were a Sparks guy on here last year? Get real.. They have a history of stealing players through the use of their FREE Invite to Jupiter although they did not qualify by winning anything. Then PG magically placing top area palyers on their team for Jupiter. Then somehow the players end up playing for them next year. If your gonna walk the walk and talk the talk?
Sticking to your line of thinking, I would think our Sox/Cubs would love to be there right now but they obviously didn't EARN it. Even more importantly is to keep the intergrity of the coveted tournament as you say? I agree most teams and players would probably like to be there but again MOST have to EARN it, they don't get a free bid.The best things in life are not always FREE
GIVE IT UP FOR THESE GUYS!

Does anyone appreciate the accomplishment?

Tuz – quote;
Cangy: 3-0 advance to sweet 16 play
Bo: 2-1
Big Bill is at it again! Congrats!
Looks like a lot of great baseball! 3 games scoring 26 runs v.s 6 against – not bad boys!
Good-Luck to Cangy Baseball and the boys – GET-SOME!
If anyone is down there – please keep us posted (thanks in advance).

Team Info:
Bo Jackson Midwest
Head Coach : Bill Copp
Assistant Coach(s) : Brian Hopkins, Billy Peterson, Chris Estep, Jay Lehr
Players:
Augenstein, Ben, P, 6-2, 210, R/ R, (B/T) 2009, Sebastian
Bagoly, Jason, C - 1B, 6-4, 230, R/R, 2009, Austintown Fitch HS
Biggs, Josh, 1B – P, 6-3, 185, R/L, 2009, Wahsington Township
Chittenden, Alex , MIF – P, 6-0, 165, R/R, 2010, Lawrence Central
Clarkson, Jarred, OF, 6-2, 180, R/R, 2009, Shelby County
Dennis, Derrick , MIF, 6-3, 180, R/R, 2009, Forest Hills Central
Gordon, Alex, P - Util ., 6-0, 190, R/R, 2009, Carmel
Greening, Chase, P, 6-3, 190, R/R , 2009, Lufkin HS
Hall, Korey , OF, 6-1, 200, R/ R, 2010, St. Marys HS
Johnson, Kevin, P, 6-3, 175, R/R, 2009, Mt. Carmel
Kamradt, Max, P, 5-11, 170, R/R, 2010, Morning Star
Kime, Dace, P, 6-4, 200, R/R, 2010, Defiance HS
Maldonado, Anthony , 3B - MIF, 6-1, 172 R/R, 2009, Oak Park River Forest
Mejias, Alving, P, 6-2, 192, R/R, 2009, Santa Angela HS
Miglin, James P C/1B 6-3 197 S R 2010 Warsaw Community
Milroy, Matt P OF 6-2 180 L R 2009 Marmion Academy
Palmer, Ricky C 6-0 170 R R 2009 Brother Rice
Pearson, Chris C 6-1 190 R R 2009 Center Grove
Ringo, Justin 1B OF 6-1 200 L L 2009 Amos Alonzo Stagg
Roache, Victor OF 6-1 200 R R 2009 Lincoln HS
Schuch, Bob OF 1B/Util 6-3 195 R R 2009 Brother Rice
Wallace, Clay P OF 6-0 180 R R 2010 Zionsville

Cangelosi Baseball '09
Head Coach : Bill Copp & Dave Payton
Players:
Andres, Anthony, P – OF, 6-0, 175, L/L, 2010, St. Rita
Baldwin, Brian, P - 1B, 6-5, 215, R/R, 2010, Brother Rice
Dalporto, Steve, MIF - 3B, 5-10, 170, R/R, 2009, Nazareth
Gannon, Pat, P, 5-11, 160, R/L, 2009, Brother Rice
Gates, Kevin, P, 6-0, 175, R/R, 2009, Chesterton
Highland, Matt, OF – MIF, 5-11, 165, L/R, 2009, Herscher
Hohl, Brandon, 3B – MIF, 6-1, 185, R/R, 2009, Lincoln-Way East
Hollenbeck, Mike, C, 6-2, 200, L/R, 2010, Joliet Township
Huenecke, Dan, P, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, Palatine
Kaminska, Pat, P, 6-3, 210, R/R, 2009, Naperville Central HS
Kane, Mike, OF - 1B, 5-11, 190, R/R, 2009, Notre Dame HS for Men
Kopale, Justin, MIF - 3B, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, St. Rita
Krowlikowski, Brian, P, 6-3, 225, R/R, 2009, Batavia HS
Mottashed, Luke, C, 2B, 5-9, 175, L/R, 2009, Cary Grove
Murphy, Jack, C – P, 5-11, 180, R/R, 2009, Oak Forest
Naumann, Jake, P, 6-2, 190, L/R, 2009, Naperville North
Payton, Mark , OF – P, 5-8, 160, L/L, 2010, St Rita
Picchiotti, Sam, MIF – OF, 5-9, 165, R/R, 2009, Oak Park River Forest
Savas, Chris, 3- 1B, 6-0, 195, R/R, 2009, Willowbrook
Shearrow, Luke, P, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, Rockford Boylan
Stopka, Don, 1B - 3B, 6-1, 195, R/R, 2009, Carmel Catholic
Suarez, David, P - 3B, 5-10, 170, L/R, 2010, Lasalle Peru
White, Charlie, OF – P, 5-9, 150, L/L, 2010, Naperville North

GOOD LUCK BOYS!
With the regiment of Sparks guys all over this thread, maybe we can finally get an answer that's been asked a few times and by a few different posters. Can anyone tell me where the 2008 Illiana Sectional in the Connie Mack WS was played, and who the Sparks beat to move on to Michigan? It seems like a very simple, direct question but it has never been answered.
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Steeley:
quote:
Originally posted by Tuzigoot:
Cangy finished 4-0 ....

Too bad they didn't "earn" it.

Whats that mean?[/QUOTE]

Coach Steeley,

Don't sweat this garbage, I can imagine it would be easy to take personal. Some players, parents...er...coaches never get over their jealousies and insecerities. Just keep doing what your doing. Your players and their parents say enough nice things to hang your hat on.
No, Traveldad, I think I'm with you on this one. It's getting old to listen to people slam the Sparks, Top Tier, etc.

If you want to be a Spark, Top Tier, etc, then go try out for their team. If you don't...or if you can't...then keep it to yourself.

My son is a Spark. But that doesn't make me despise all the others. If it weren't for the others, then we wouldn't have the excellent competition we get to play.

Are the Sparks the best program ever? How about Top Tier? I don't know. But this program has been very good to my son so far.

Just stop telling everyone that they're wrong just because they're not you.
whether they are 4-0 or 2-2 they get got a free entry. So did the Midwest Blazers, it might have something to do with their relationship with perfect game. But whenever people receive free bids to things other people will question that and claim they haven't earned it. To my knowledge Cangelosi is the only program with 2 automatic bids, why is that? why isn't there another IL team that has an automatic bid? Maybe some teams were offered it and didn't want to go, maybe they don't have the relationship with PG. Either way, I am sure people are wondering why, that's all. It's not a knock on them it's a question. Have they went down there and done well, yes.
I dont know the answer to the sectionals question. I left the area in May and just got back last week.

You do not get bids to that tournament unless you put a very good team out on that field.

I know some people are getting mad that teams get bids, but perfect game has to put the best teams with the best players in this tournament and if it was left up to only a play in tournament, WWBA would not have the best teams in it.

Maybe what a lot of you guys(nails, itsrosy, highheat, etc.) instead of complaining and trying to rip people and kids down, should reach out to Bill or Dave and ask them how that stuff happens or how they built the program to be as prestigious as it is. I know that they would have no problem talking to anyone about it, because to them, it REALLY IS ABOUT THE KIDS AND NOT THEIR PROGRAM.

I dont coach for the sparks but I will help them out as much as I can because they are quality people and want to get every kid to college.

Sometimes I do not even know why I look on here because it makes me sick to think, there are so many men out there that would rather, cry and complain and make excuses or sit around here with an entitlement mindset, wondering who is screwing them over. When really, get over yourselves and get teaching young men about the game of baseball and how to mature and be men.

This is my rant, I guess. I saw it in college, I see it now in professional baseball and especially see it in these kids I work with around here. Too many of them do not want to take accountability for themselves and think everything should be theirs and if they dont get it, they look around for who is to blame.

I guess, I am starting to realize where it is coming from if some of the guys on here are coaching kids or are parents. Sorry if that is harsh, but calling it like I see it. Most of my job is spent not only coaching baseball but enforcing a level of accountability that kids are sorely missing.

Maybe we all(myself included) should take a break from this baseball stuff and start talking about how to effectively teach this generation of young men how to be genuine men of integrity who are accountable for their actions and dont make excuses.

thats all I got boys, I myself am wasting time on here.
Steeley,
Why get mad and leave so fast. What your saying is right on and something I brought up before only to get the thread deleted because it got on a tangent. Kids are not held accountable for anything, they think by joining a team like the Sparks they are automatically going to get a D1 scholarship and when it doesn't happen they go back and blame the HS coach, the travel coach, whoever. That's why you see so many kids leaving programs and going to another, they think one is going to help them more than the other. Maybe that's true, but ultimately it's up to the kid and how good he is to be seen. There's plenty of events that aren't involved with travel that these kids attend to get noticed.

Alot of them though, won't take coaching, don't listen to people and don't work hard. They think just because they paid money to be on a travel team they are entitled to get a scholarship. They don't realize that it's very very hard to play college baseball and there's a ton of kids working just as hard as you trying to make it. There's 100 showcase events a year that allows college coaches to see a ton of kids. Do some fall through the cracks, yes. But to just expect that your going to get a D1 scholarship because you play for a certain organization or got invited to a showcase is something that alot of kids believe. The hard work and playing the game hard is missing from what it was just 5 years ago. IMO.

Steeley you have great points, hopefully people read what you write and take it to heart. It's hard to get through to everyone though I am sure.
Really proud of the guys down here. Representing the area in a big way.
Once more another great tournament with a whole lot of talent and great teams.

Rosey,
What the hell does the Sparks and our Summer program have to do with Cangelosi baseball and his Fall program????

Seems your panties are in a bunch about things that are water under the bridge. If I recall we ran into your top teir guys at the regional and things didnt work out to well for ya. If you think for one second my team is trying to dodge you fellows in our own area your about as mistaken as when you were the moderater on this site and told me via a private message , rememeber ?? you pm'd me telling me that Casey Crosby had no chance to pitch with us because of your ties with U of Ill and the boys you had committed to go there. That didnt work out real well either. ( Crosby update, ) his last Instructional league outing he sat between 94-97.. OUCH!

If I am not mistaken, our League in Connie Mack didnt have such a team you speak of. Therefore the top two teams from ours Illiana section and the top two from your League made it. If I am not mistaken it was you guys and the longshots.. Its great your so committed and loyal to your guys , even after JR has moved on. But if your trying to take shots at our kids and what we do, enough is enough, you j a c k as s

Enough with you, aint wasting another breath on you and the BS you bring to the table. One thing I know after playing on several championship teams in my career is that when your on top. When your good, people take cheap shots, all losers will... Many try to knock you off , even if it takes idiots like you to discredit a bunch of kids who are really working their asses off to better their game.
Talk is cheap... We play the game hard, we play the game with respect and we hold the kids accountable for their actions, much the same as HS coaches and college coaches will do.

SMOKEY

Great to hear from you.. Miss ya man..
You would appreciate the way thse s****** little dudes are gettin it done. Complete team effort and a whole lot energy. Its really neat to see kids from all over the area coming together and having a blast.

Some 09's getting it done..
Chris Savis from Willowbrook is seeing it real well.

Matt Milroy from Marmion Academy is taking major strides. Did some 91's off the hill today. He's perty good.

Steven Dalporto from Naz is playing solid ball ,
Oak Park River Forests Sam Picchiotti is a dirt bag and will make Wright State a good player real fast.

ND's Mike Kane is putting the barrell on the ball on a regular basis.

Jake Naumann from Naperville North is going to be a dandy this Spring, sat 86-87 with a filthy spliter.

Pat Gannon, LHP Brother Rice is missing many bats. Same ole Same ole.
Naperville Centrals Pat Kaminska and Batavias Brian Krolokowski will get it tomorrow.

Some 10's making bigimpacts and opening the eyes of a gazillion schools is Joliet Townships catcher Mike Hollenbeck.

LHP Anthony Andres , St Rita HS , has picked off most of the kids he has put on. (which hasnt been many)

Justin Kopale, St Rita HS can pick it a bit..

Brandon Hohl from Lincoln Way East is a player and U of Illinois will be glad to see him next Fall. At a boy B.. Tuzy, much to be proud of my friend.

Mark Payton is as good a lead off hitter as I have coached.

Lasalle Perus RHP David Suarez, looked really good yesterday on the hill.
Naperville Norths Charlie White is a baseball player... Instincts ooze from the kid.

Rosey, if you would like to pm me agian, its been a while, feel free.
I'll fill you in on a story one of my parents let me on. when your guys coaches tried to hold the under armour games at wrigley over one of the kids that play for us. You most likley know, its your boys little gig. The part I really didnt like was when he would be invited only if he switched teams this upcoming Summer. To your team. That didnt work out too well either.

Lets talk again soon

cry
Last edited by deucedoc
quote:
Originally posted by itsrosy:
With the regiment of Sparks guys all over this thread, maybe we can finally get an answer that's been asked a few times and by a few different posters. Can anyone tell me where the 2008 Illiana Sectional in the Connie Mack WS was played, and who the Sparks beat to move on to Michigan? It seems like a very simple, direct question but it has never been answered.

Um who cares?

When you present a quality product year in and year out with people who don't act and feel like they are entitled others will roll out the red carpet for you.
DD, I'm not taking any shots at any players. I asked a simple question that has gone unanswered for 3 months. It could have been answered without all the theatrics. I don't know where Illiana is, still don't know for that matter. If you feel it necessary to make a personal attack, go right ahead. Losers, I don't identify or associate with them, never have.
Last edited by itsrosy
quote:
they get got a free entry. So did the Midwest Blazers, it might have something to do with their relationship with perfect game. But whenever people receive free bids to things other people will question that and claim they haven't earned it.

FYI we have been invited to and participated in all but 1 of the Jupiter events. The only year we didn’t go was 2000. You could say we were a "founding" member.

I'd also like to think we've earned the chance to go by putting a good product out on the field but that's not for me to decide, it’s for someone else to decide.

For years we've invited players from other Midwest travel teams to go and play in this event. A number of them have taken us up on the offer, and I'd say 99% of them had a great experience. We asked a number of kids this year and many of them turned it down. Blows my mind that kids wouldn't want to get to this event but what do I know?

I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. We've had a working relationship with PG since 2000 and I'd like to think that counts for something.

Everyone has choices in this world. Many of the deserving players could have played with us or Cangy's teams in the fall and gotten a chance to go to Jupiter. They chose not to. Now it's some sort of conspiracy that certain kids were kept out?

The choices we make have consequences and rewards. We made a choice long ago that Perfect Game had the best thing going for kids. We felt they were in this thing for all the right reasons. Ever since then, we’ve made a choice to do as many of their events as we can and it’s been the best thing for our program.

If certain people don't like it, make a different choice...or win one of the qualifiers.

I really don't think it's rocket science.

Congrats to BC and the Cangy team as well as the St Louis Pirates! Both have had well deserved success.
Cangy defeats the FL Bombers Scout team in the 1st round of the play-offs, 4-1. Batavia's Krolikowski gets the W, St. Rita's Andres gets the S, Notre Dame's Kane (aka Sulltiger's kid) goes 2-2 w/ 2 triples, 3 RBIs, and 1 run scored. Cangy will get the winner of the Royals Baseball Club (rostered with kids from 18 different states,cry) or Team Elite from GA in the round of 8.
Cangy and the Texas Scout Team Yankees are tied 1-1 in extra innings. Brother Rice's Gannon and Naperville North's Naumann on the bump for Cangy. Herscher's Highland doubles off wall in RF moving Naz's DalPorto to 3rd who scores on St. Rita's Kopale's SF. Tie break system is last 3 batter's from the previous inning on the bags, and 1 out.

Hey, I'm gonna get all these kids suspended.
Last edited by Tuzigoot
I'm realizing everyone on here is a Sparks guy. NO wonder you all think the same and stick up for one another and go crazy if someone makes any comment that slightly might be different than travel baseball or what the Sparks do. It also answers why you don't hear much about any other organization on here and if you do people discredit them very quickly on these boards.

Either way that's a great showing, good luck.
How typical from you - this isnt about the Sparks, or anyone else except the boys playing. Do you have a clue what kind of accomplishment it is even getting out of your pool let alone this far and maybe even winning it?.

If any team in Il did this we should be proud of the kids.

If you want to hear about other organizations, lets talk about yours?, or what it used to be?.
Nails,
Everyone on here is not a Sparks guy, they are just happy for the accomplishment of an Illinois team.

Why don't you just can your off target observations and put them on some other thread and let us be happy for these kids, here, please.

Tuz & NC, please keep us up to speed as best you can on the championship game...this is very exciting for Illinois
Last edited by CPLZ
I don't think we bash other's accomplishments. We didn't hi-jack the other programs thread last year when they were in Farmington. Rather, their fathers were having a fun 'ole time talking about where we were in their thread. How fun is that. In one father's comments "what comes around goes around." THATS FOR SURE. No matter what happens in this game, it is a great accomplishment for the kids and everyone that has had a hand in their development (hs and travel coaches), travel and high school programs; and has put our area and all of kids even more on the map. And thats good for all the kids no matter who the play for. Nails your a **********, and all you do is instigate.

Our program, our kids, our coaches, the way we play, and who we partner with (Perfect
Game, Cangelosi, Bulls, Pirates, Outlaws, Blazers, Redbirds, Dodgers, and anyone I missed I'm sorry I'm just a dad); attracts kids and their families to our program.

And when that big white pimple off of 355 opens next week, I just think we'll have our cake and eat it to (if I share with anyone).

How Dave Payton, Bill Copp and John Cangelosi have built this program; should be a model of how to do it.

Go luck to you all.

Go East, go Sparks, Go Cangy and Go Illini!
Last edited by Tuzigoot
I said it was a great showing and offered them some luck. I know it's a great accomplishment. Didn't realize how many people's kids were on the team that typically write on here that's all. Funny, how you guys can see fault in me making an observation. Whose the paranoid one's?

There's some great talent in Illinois, we can only hope that more of the Illinois kids can get a chance to play in a tournament like this and show their talent. From what I read on here prior, there's only one team from ILLinois that gets to go though. Don't think it's off-target. I'm proud of the boys and they obviously played very well in this tournament and should be proud.
Tuzi,
your making digs at a team that went to Farmington because your having success with your club now. I seen another guy ripping on the tier and Bergen. Looks to me alot of parents beating their chest and bragging. Your colors have been shown alot the last few days and your intentions.

Your right, it's a great accomplishment. Good luck to the kids. You rip on me for stirring up things and call me names but never did I rip another organization, make digs toward another team, etc. You seem to be doing that alot and I find it comical. BB does a good job of gathering the best talent around to join tournaments as well, I wonder why they don't throw their hat in the ring with some of these Perfect Game events.
Please stop taking what I say out of context. I think it's you guys who are starting fights and stirring up controversy because I am not someone that has a kid on the same team as your son's, so everything i say you attack. I am making conversation not ripping anyone here, settle down with your garbage already.

This is an exciting run, anyone know whose on the mound for Cangy's team? Didn't they get in the championship during the summer as well?
Several from the WWBA site. One has a nice article about the teams.

IS THIS GREAT OR WHAT........

2008 WWBA World Championship – Jupiter, Florida

The ABD Bulldogs 09 (V) play Cangelosi Baseball 09 (H) for the 2008 WWBA World Championship today, scheduled for 3:30 PM EST Monday October 27 in Jupiter, Florida.

There is a lot of GREAT high school baseball still goin’ on……

http://www.worldwoodbat.com/TournamentSchedule.aspx?id=342

GOOD-LUCK TO ALL THE GREAT KIDS INVOLVED!

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/blogs/2008/tournaments.aspx

ABD Bulldogs 09
http://www.worldwoodbat.com/TeamDetails.aspx?id=965

Cangelosi Baseball 09
http://www.worldwoodbat.com/TeamDetails.aspx?id=2012
Last edited by Smokey
Wow, congratulations to the Sparks! This is a terrific accomplishment! It just goes to show you how strong Illinois baseball has become. That being said it would be nice if PG would allow another Illinois team into the Jupiter event. There are many qualified programs in Illinois. Many of which have played well at other national events (i.e. Connie Mack, CABA, ect.) and have impressive rosters. It seems unfair that one program gets two automatic invites (more than once... Connie Mack Regional/ Illiana?) No doubt they have talented players that are deserving, however any of the top Illinois programs can and have competed with the Sparks when given the opportunity.
quote:
Originally posted by Apollo Creed:
That being said it would be nice if PG would allow another Illinois team into the Jupiter event.

Perhaps you can tell us what steps other programs have taken to try and secure invites? Were those efforts denied by PG, Connie Mack, etc? If so, what was the reasoning given?
Apollo, please read the following.

quote:
Originally posted by Coach Steeley:
I dont know the answer to the sectionals question. I left the area in May and just got back last week.

You do not get bids to that tournament unless you put a very good team out on that field.

I know some people are getting mad that teams get bids, but perfect game has to put the best teams with the best players in this tournament and if it was left up to only a play in tournament, WWBA would not have the best teams in it.

Maybe what a lot of you guys(nails, highheat, etc.) instead of complaining and trying to rip people and kids down, should reach out to Bill or Dave and ask them how that stuff happens or how they built the program to be as prestigious as it is. I know that they would have no problem talking to anyone about it, because to them, it REALLY IS ABOUT THE KIDS AND NOT THEIR PROGRAM.

I dont coach for the sparks but I will help them out as much as I can because they are quality people and want to get every kid to college.

Sometimes I do not even know why I look on here because it makes me sick to think, there are so many men out there that would rather, cry and complain and make excuses or sit around here with an entitlement mindset, wondering who is screwing them over. When really, get over yourselves and get teaching young men about the game of baseball and how to mature and be men.

This is my rant, I guess. I saw it in college, I see it now in professional baseball and especially see it in these kids I work with around here. Too many of them do not want to take accountability for themselves and think everything should be theirs and if they dont get it, they look around for who is to blame.

I guess, I am starting to realize where it is coming from if some of the guys on here are coaching kids or are parents. Sorry if that is harsh, but calling it like I see it. Most of my job is spent not only coaching baseball but enforcing a level of accountability that kids are sorely missing.

Maybe we all(myself included) should take a break from this baseball stuff and start talking about how to effectively teach this generation of young men how to be genuine men of integrity who are accountable for their actions and dont make excuses.

thats all I got boys, I myself am wasting time on here.
Last edited by itsrosy
Steeley,
Well since you know nothing about the Illiana deal, why don't you ask Bill for us (you guys seem pretty close). He has had more than enough chances to let us in on his dirty little secret. While your at it you can let all the Illinois programs out there in on how to get automatic invites to Jupiter. I'm sure they would be interested in gaining that knowledge!
Last edited by Apollo Creed
quote:
Wow, congratulations to the Sparks! This is a terrific accomplishment! It just goes to show you how strong Illinois baseball has become. That being said it would be nice if PG would allow another Illinois team into the Jupiter event. There are many qualified programs in Illinois. Many of which have played well at other national events (i.e. Connie Mack, CABA, ect.) and have impressive rosters. It seems unfair that one program gets two automatic invites (more than once... Connie Mack Regional/ Illiana?) No doubt they have talented players that are deserving, however any of the top Illinois programs can and have competed with the Sparks when given the opportunity.

This has tons of references to Top Tier: Connie Mack, the Illiana Regional, CABA; but in my humble opinion I don't believe that this is coming from anyone in the Top Tier camp. Too blatant of a reference.

This is a post from a wanna-b, just a plant wanting to stir it up. The "other programs" that are referenced (with the exception of the wanna-bs); go to other PG events, have contact with PG staff; and don't need to post **** like this.

The master of back handed compliments (you know who that is TravelDad, even has Mom fooled). "Mom" now thats funny.
Last edited by Tuzigoot
quote:

Apollo - perhaps it would have been nice to just offer congrats to the Sparks without the other complaints

Maybe a better strategy would be to send PGStaff a personal message and see what they say.

Congrats are well-deserved for these kids making the championship game
Having been in FL with Cangy team this weekend, I would think everyone from IL and the Midwest would be happy for these kids. Just read the blog on the WWBA web site, the Cangy wins today were the "upset of the tournament" . There are kids who can play this game that do not reside in FL, TX, or CA. I follow this website on a weekly basis, but never felt compelled to join. Today I was, and admit my son is a memeber of the Cangy team, but if this or any Il team, or the MDW BLZers, IN BUlls, Stl Pirates, etc were doing this, I would be pulling for them
Cangy drops the championship game to the ABD Bulldogs 7-3.

Great job to all the boys and the coaching staff:

Cangelosi Baseball '09

Coaches:
Bill Copp, Dave Payton, Joe Murphy, Brian Baldwin, Brian White, John Cangelosi, Jason Vitas
Players:
Andres, Anthony, P – OF, 6-0, 175, L/L, 2010, St. Rita
Baldwin, Brian, P - 1B, 6-5, 215, R/R, 2010, Brother Rice
Dalporto, Steve, MIF - 3B, 5-10, 170, R/R, 2009, Nazareth
Gannon, Pat, P, 5-11, 160, R/L, 2009, Brother Rice
Gates, Kevin, P, 6-0, 175, R/R, 2009, Chesterton
Highland, Matt, OF – MIF, 5-11, 165, L/R, 2009, Herscher
Hohl, Brandon, 3B – MIF, 6-1, 185, R/R, 2009, Lincoln-Way East
Hollenbeck, Mike, C, 6-2, 200, L/R, 2010, Joliet Township
Huenecke, Dan, P, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, Palatine
Kaminska, Pat, P, 6-3, 210, R/R, 2009, Naperville Central HS
Kane, Mike, OF - 1B, 5-11, 190, R/R, 2009, Notre Dame HS for Men
Kopale, Justin, MIF - 3B, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, St. Rita
Krowlikowski, Brian, P, 6-3, 225, R/R, 2009, Batavia HS
Mottashed, Luke, C, 2B, 5-9, 175, L/R, 2009, Cary Grove
Murphy, Jack, C – P, 5-11, 180, R/R, 2009, Oak Forest
Naumann, Jake, P, 6-2, 190, L/R, 2009, Naperville North
Payton, Mark , OF – P, 5-8, 160, L/L, 2010, St Rita
Picchiotti, Sam, MIF – OF, 5-9, 165, R/R, 2009, Oak Park River Forest
Savas, Chris, 3- 1B, 6-0, 195, R/R, 2009, Willowbrook
Shearrow, Luke, P, 6-3, 185, R/R, 2009, Rockford Boylan
Stopka, Don, 1B - 3B, 6-1, 195, R/R, 2009, Carmel Catholic
Suarez, David, P - 3B, 5-10, 170, L/R, 2010, Lasalle Peru
White, Charlie, OF – P, 5-9, 150, L/L, 2010, Naperville North

2010 Mark Payton OF/LHP St. Rita HS was the Tournament MVP.
Last edited by Tuzigoot
quote:
Originally posted by YetanotherSpark:
Having been in FL with Cangy team this weekend, I would think everyone from IL and the Midwest would be happy for these kids. Just read the blog on the WWBA web site, the Cangy wins today were the "upset of the tournament" . There are kids who can play this game that do not reside in FL, TX, or CA. I follow this website on a weekly basis, but never felt compelled to join. Today I was, and admit my son is a memeber of the Cangy team, but if this or any Il team, or the MDW BLZers, IN BUlls, Stl Pirates, etc were doing this, I would be pulling for them

YAS – CONGRATULATIONS to you and you son. You should be button-popping proud.

Welcome to the HSBBWeb. I hope you stick around this place and join in the friendly banter.
Last edited by Smokey
quote:
Originally posted by Tuzigoot:
quote:

This has tons of references to Top Tier: Connie Mack, the Illiana Regional, CABA; but in my humble opinion I don't believe that this is coming from anyone in the Top Tier camp. Too blatant of a reference.

This is a post from a wanna-b, just a plant wanting to stir it up. The other programs that reference (with the exception of the wanna-bs); go to other PG events, have contact with PG staff; and don't need to post **** like this.

The master of back handed compliments (you know who that is TravelDad, even has Mom fooled). "Mom" now thats funny.

Tuzi,

Bingo! And it only took two posts to show.

From a non-Spark dad to all those young men, parents, and coaches involved in this tremendous accomplishment...Congratulations and thanks for representing Illinois baseball.

This will be something you'll remember forever.
Last edited by Traveldad
Well..... we didn't win it coach. So probably not. I don't know if the winner gets ring, eventually PGStaff might make his way over to this thread and he may let us know. But probably the organizations could get them for the kids if they really want them. But I'm certain we won't. We'd probably think that was sort of fruity. We don't even like our kids to smile for pictures. You know.... old time baseball. Rrrrrrrrrrr!
Last edited by Tuzigoot
I am the 17u coach for the McHenry Hurricanes and I would like to offer my congrats to the Sparks. I am new to the organization so I have yet to meet Coach Copp but am looking forward to it. I think it is wonderful for our state and will only keep helping the recruiting in our state. Also want to wish my congrats to Luke Mottashed from Cary, who I have had a chance to work with.
Smokey,
that straw hatted dude is a little thin to be me... Dig the hat though and could have used it today to keep the sun off the face..lol..

Playball2,
Danny threw the ball better each time out this Fall. I realize you know that as I am thinking he threw it well for you in your fall league All Star game.

Nails,
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

I would like to thank everyone from around the area and State for all the kind words and compliments of the boys that were down there.
They represented the State in a way that any coach would have wanted. I am so darn proud of the way this TEAM played the game. I spoke to the guys after game one today and told them we all needed to stay pulling on that same rope. Do it together, unselfishly. Don't think nothing was needed to be said.

In a day when all I read on this site is about EXPOSURE, I think people are loosing site of what is really important for these kids. Practice the game and play the game at the highest level your abilty allows.
Do I do Perfect Game events, Of course I do, I think they are good for the kids. If theres a coach out there that can tell me that there is a kid on this team that didnt benifit from being there, well , I will respectfully disagree.
When your facing kids throwing it up there in the low 90's and your swinging wood, it makes you a better player. The reason I go to PG events is simple, They provide the absolute best competition for the kids on my team to play against. It sets the bar higher, it provides a confidence level for the guys that they take to there HS teams. I don't go to these to over shadow any HS team or Program, for me , the Hs team is the foundation of every players career. I played for two future Hall of Fame coaches in HS. I understand the importance of what a program and team is. I lived it for many years and in many ways I still do.

Regent,
I also look forward to meeting you and appreciate the professionalism of your post.

I have said this before on here, but I really belive it. These kids play all Fall against , the Indy Bulls, St Louis Pirates, Ws Blazers, Central Ill Outlaws, Springfield Statesman, and a few others. Understand that all these teams are very good and provide the competition level I look for. We dont have all the best kids.. You will have never heard me say that. We have a group of kids that practice hard and play hard and love the game of baseball. I appreciate having great relationships with all you guys out there that help in the development process of these HS kids. I look forward to next yr and I give much of the credit that we had this yr to countless hrs that their HS coaches put in and the competition that all you guys who responded give us on a yearly basis. It takes good kids to win, I am blessed to say I am the coach of many of those.

Thanks again every one,

Even you Rusty Nails
Last edited by SPARKY1
Congrats to Billy C, Dave P, Murph and all of the coaches and players of the Sparks! Yet another wonderful accomplishment! I wish everyone could put aside their differences for a moment and be proud of these young men. They whooped on teams from Florida, Texas and every other state to send a message that Illinois baseball players can compete with anyone. They paved the way for others to follow! Thanks guys!
And to my friend Tuzi...a summer State Championship, the WWBA in Jupiter, what the heck can be done in the winter to get the juices flowing? Does BH have a spot on the LWE bowling team? Hockey?
Also wanted to thank Dave Payton Coach Murphy, Coach White, and Baldwin. These guys pulled all the right strings down there. I mostly sat back and watched it happen. I kind of understand how a dad feels proud of their son when good things are happening. It felt like I had 22 of them there.

Also, a big thanks to Cangy, who was on the bench the entire time. Not that he ever sat near the bench.. For a guy who spent 13 yrs in the show, he has no problem getting his hands dirty with the kids. And when you look at his size and what he accomplished in his career, well, there is a messge there somewhere. Heart , desire, passion, and practice habits matter!!!

Dave will kill me for posting this on him, because for those who know him, he is absolutly all about the kids and not about this stuff. Don't care, I seem to get too much praise when its the work and time of a lot of people who made this happen.

Done now, need a break. Kids need a break, and I have to re introduce myself to my wife..

Everyone be safe....
Congratulations to Dave Payton, and kids great accomplishment in one of the more competitive events..now if we could get some of Dave's professional demeanor to rub off on some his staff and parents! Dave can't be thrilled with some of the antics here. Great job!

Tuzi is that you in middle?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Deebrown1983/crying_fans.jpg
Last edited by bergenbeach
It has been a great year for baseball and Illinois baseball. Lets stop the negatives and be happy for our players and their accomplishments.

Congrats to all the 09's and even a couple 10's on making your college decisions, your hard work has paid off. Congrats to the Sparks for a great accomplishment, the Bullets on another great season, the Outlaws on your start up and having a very nice team, I saw an outstanding Norwood team, Midwest Blazer team, and Kenosha teams all have fantastic players. I coached in the best HS game I have ever seen against a outstanding Top Tier team twice in the same weekend! and watched many young men improve their game and become fine citizens.

It has been a great year..
Last edited by TNHN11
I would like to give my thoughts and comments on Jupiter since my son played for this Cangelosi team and i myself witnessed this TEAM battle all thruout this tournament .

First thing i need to do here is commend the whole coaching staff . Coach dave , white , murph and Baldwin worked their tails off all fall and in the weeks leading up to Jupiter to best prepare our boys . They had our boys out practicing during the week every week like a regular TEAM . This particular team is not your typical run of the mill travel team in that the boys had a certain cohesiveness , togetherness and a spirit that the coaching staff helped to build during the early fall and just took off and exploded at Jupiter . This is hard to explain , one would have had to be there to see for themselves. Even though Billy was not one of our coaches , he deserves a big hand in this teams success as well . The face of the organization John Cangelosi also helped to coach the heck out of the boys all weekend . The only time i saw him sitting down was at the hotel lobby . Of course the boys on the field are the ones who have to get it done and done they did . The coaches and the organization provided them with the neccessary tools to help compete against the best of the best and the boys took that knowledge and ran with it. Once again one would have to be around this TEAM during the fall and Jupiter to understand what im saying . It took a total organizational effort to get to this point .
Congratulations Sparks/Cangelosi !!

More to come
will be happy to answer any questions about Jupiter .

Will try to give some player highlights that i thought were key to the team advancing . There was some incredible, tense moments . Some gutty performances .
Last edited by Mr. Nobody
Well put, Mr. Nobody. It was an awesome experience to share with my son and his team.

Then to watch the guys saying good bye to their teammates and the coaches and yet not leaving the field and going back and saying thank you and good bye numerous time was a memory that will last for years to come.

Thanks to all the players for the chance to watch some great baseball.

Thanks to Coach Payton, Coach Copp, Coach White, Coach Baldwin, Coach Cangelosi and Coach Vitas for your love of baseball and willingness to share that with our guys, along with all of your baseball knowledge.
Last edited by Play Ball
Here are a few of the noteworthy performances that i can remember and stuck out in my mind from Jupiter . If i mistakenly omit anything please feel free to add it or correct me ---if any other posters were there .

Pool play game against the Ohio Warhawks that we absolutely needed to win in order to make the playoff round ---- St. Rita pitcher Anthony Andres sending the Warhawks coaches to the looney bin ---and out of the game --after picking off three ? of their baserunners with one of most wicked moves to first that i have seen .

Notre Dame's Mike Kane coming off the bench to deliver the game tying RBI single in the fourth ? inning . Then Joliet's Hollenbeck coming thru with the hit to right that broke the tie driving home two runs late in the game . The Warhawks stacked their team with players from all over . I want to point out that the Cangelosi squad was basically the same team that played together all fall except for Mark Payton and Hollenbeck ---from Copps team and a few pitchers from Copps team . Same organization --no players on our team from outsde the organization . How many other teams can say that ? Or better yet --how many other organizations are willing to do that ?

The game of the tournament was the semi-final game against the texas scout team yankees . This game went extra innings and contained one of the best and guttiest performances on the mound that i have seen in a long long time . Jake Naumann from Naperville entered this game in the late stages and tossed three innings to hold this team down under extraordinary circumstances . He struck out one of the top nationally ranked players from Georgia --Luke Bailey with bases loaded full count two outs game on the line .He threw a splitter . Naumann is a bull on the mound who was not going to be denied . Brother Rice's Pat Gannon started this game on the mound and only gave up solo shot in his three innings . Kevin Gates came in to get the save . Gates is also as nasty as they come .

To give you other posters an idea of the magnitude of this win --consider this --this texas yankee scout team was comprised of many potential early round draft picks --some fairly high from what ive heard and a couple aflac all-americans
Their starter was winging it at 92 with nasty breaker . Lots of pro scouts and colleges there watching this one ---we came away with the win . Our guys truly " earned " this win . Umpires said it was one of the best and well played games they ever worked at Jupiter .

We tied the game in last inning when Matt Highland drove a shot to the right field wall with runner on first . With bases loaded Rita's Kopale hit sac fly to tie game . Went ahead in the seventh on rbi by Payton and sac fly from Savas .

Game of the tournament

Every rostered player had a hand in this teams success all the way thru this tournament . Truly a " team " accomplishment if there ever was one . Every player contributed at the plate , on the mound and in the field .
One of the things not mentioned about the championship game was the possible affect of the forfeit earlier in the tournament when ABD played the S.F. Bandits. A player on the Bandits was officially on the roster of another team and the coach apparently attempted to hide this player's identity and use him during the game. It was discovered and the Bandits forfeited the game. The possible affect was that ABD saved pitching as a result which could have helped them in the championship game.
That may be true but the reality is that that is something out of our control . If we ended up facing one of their better pitchers who might have been used up if not for the forfeit ...so be it . The guys they threw were winging it pretty good . I imagine all of their pitchers had to be pretty darn good based on what i saw . In the whole scheme of things, it didnt matter who we faced . Understand your point .
I don’t want to get involved in any arguments or politics.

Who we select to get bids to Jupiter is always a very tough job. But doesn’t everyone have to agree that picking Cangelosi Baseball was a slam dunk pick?

Sometimes people have to simply look at the results.

There are a couple other teams that are very good from Illinois that we could have invited and there are qualifiers to give others a chance. Next year we would like to work closer with the MLB scouts in Illinois and get every one of the top kids.

In the meantime, I hope people understand just how amazing this showing by Cangelosi Baseball was in Florida this year. There is no doubt that they have helped Illinois high school baseball draw a lot of “national” attention. Most importantly, they did a good job of reminding a lot of people just how this game is supposed to be played and they did it at the biggest scouting event in all of baseball.

Man… Am I glad we picked them! For those who are wondering… They EARNED it!
quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:

Who we select to get bids to Jupiter is always a very tough job. But doesn’t everyone have to agree that picking Cangelosi Baseball was a slam dunk pick?

There are a couple other teams that are very good from Illinois that we could have invited and there are qualifiers to give others a chance. Next year we would like to work closer with the MLB scouts in Illinois and get every one of the top kids.

In the meantime, I hope people understand just how amazing this showing by Cangelosi Baseball was in Florida this year. There is no doubt that they have helped Illinois high school baseball draw a lot of “national” attention. Most importantly, they did a good job of reminding a lot of people just how this game is supposed to be played and they did it at the biggest scouting event in all of baseball.

Yes, it is obvious that they earned it. As my Mom always says, "The proof is in the pudding."

NCSASCOUT, what is your stake in this? Your suggestion that a team from Illinois who has done so well will then result is some type of business action against PBScout is not welcomed on this site. How else would someone interpret "not good for business." Not only was PGScout's post above board and above reproach complimenting a team on it's success (as other have done including the owner of this site) it represents some type of agenda on your part.

I might also add that Cangelosi Baseball and PGStaff are both people/organizations that have stepped up to the plate to help sponsor this site. Their support is deeply appreciated!
Last edited by CoachB25
What exactly is a NCSA SCOUT?

Our main objective is to find out who the best players are. Where have we "ignored" anyone? It just so happens that a team from Illinois just finished an unbelievable showing in the... "Chest Thumping" (not needed)... top scouting event in all of baseball. Anybody who would attach the word SCOUT to their name should be fully aware of this.

What is your agenda?

Here is what I posted again, please note the bold.

quote:

quote:
Your vocal support and glowing praise of one program while ignoring others is not good for business.

Thanks for the tip! Who are we ignoring? I will make a list of all Illinois Teams we know of and post it. Better yet... Why don't you? Bet you will miss some!

Listen, this team did an amazing job! I also thought it was great when the Longshots made the Connie Mack World Series this year and when Top Tier did the year before. Unfortunately that wasn't the topic in this thread!

The Topic is "Jupiter Tournament" and thus... My post pertained to that topic. Do you want to change the topic?

By the way there are many players we have given glowing praise to. Ian Krol for one and he wasn't at Jupiter. We did select him as an Aflac All American though. Near as I know, he doesn't play for Cangelosi Baseball. Odd the way that works, aint it?
PGStaff, you don't have to explain yourself. You do great things for baseball, this site, and players from all around the country. One would think that your congratulations was a jesture of both recognition of doing well and a courtesy. HOW THE HECK CAN IT NOW BE TURNED INTO SOMETHING ELSE? It is obvious that the agendas of many posters have nothing to do with kids but rather egos.
quote:
PG Staff, since you opened the door, I'll walk in.

Why wasn't inviting the Hurricanes a slam dunk pick?

Please explain.

Brickhouse,

There are 80 teams from coast to coast that get into the tournament. There are many outstanding teams that do not! The tournament can't get any bigger.

Regarding the Hurricanes... They have a lot of talent. So does Top Tier, Longshots, and other teams. All over the country their are quality teams that do not get in. That is one of the reasons we hold qualifiers.

The qualifier for the midwest this year was in Cedar Rapids, IA. The St Louis Pirates won that qualifier and finished in the top 8 in Jupiter. Cangelosi finished second in that qualifier and finished 2nd at Jupiter. The Blazers finished third, tied with the other Cangelosi team at that qualifier.

The reason I used the word slam dunk is because Cangelosi was the runner up at the 192 team WWBA summer Championship and the runner up at Jupiter. The results are what show that this was a slam dunk pick. After all the team that finishes second in Jupiter has proven that it belonged there.

Nothing against the other good programs at all. Guess I'm not sure I understand all of this stuff. Hope it all gets resolved at some point.
Readers: This is a message from the National Collegiate Scouting Association (NCSA). We have been made aware that there is someone on this board claiming to be associated with the NCSA, based in Chicago, IL and after investigation, that is indeed not true. Anything said on the behalf of NCSA, unless it is coming from this username, cannot be verified by the NCSA. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me, Joseph Curtis, VP of Scouting at jcurtis@ncsasports.org
Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
quote:
PG Staff, since you opened the door, I'll walk in.

Why wasn't inviting the Hurricanes a slam dunk pick?

Please explain.

Brickhouse,

There are 80 teams from coast to coast that get into the tournament. There are many outstanding teams that do not! The tournament can't get any bigger.

Regarding the Hurricanes... They have a lot of talent. So does Top Tier, Longshots, and other teams. All over the country their are quality teams that do not get in. That is one of the reasons we hold qualifiers.

The qualifier for the midwest this year was in Cedar Rapids, IA. The St Louis Pirates won that qualifier and finished in the top 8 in Jupiter. Cangelosi finished second in that qualifier and finished 2nd at Jupiter. The Blazers finished third, tied with the other Cangelosi team at that qualifier.The reason I used the word slam dunk is because Cangelosi was the runner up at the 192 team WWBA summer Championship and the runner up at Jupiter. The results are what show that this was a slam dunk pick. After all the team that finishes second in Jupiter has proven that it belonged there.

Nothing against the other good programs at all. Guess I'm not sure I understand all of this stuff. Hope it all gets resolved at some point.

Slight correction!
The Midwest Blazers finished second at Kernels, losing 2-0 to St Louis Pirates in Championship game.

BTW, Unlike many of the All-Star Teams,the Pirates competed with the exact same roster in Jupiter as they did in Kernels, and the same roster they played with all of Fall, except we were without our #5 pitcher in Jupiter, and our #1 left Jupiter on Sunday and did not pitch in the playoff round. We played the entire Jupiter tournament with 9 position players( 2 catchers) and 5 pitchers.
Great job, guys!
Last edited by gitnby
quote:
Originally posted by TNHN11:
Pirates very nice team and we enjoy playing you. We have a little joke with HUCK, I walk by him and LOOK UP and say what the huck? in other words stop hitting the ball 450 feet all the time. LOL...

Update on the 3rd baseman..Higgs? I think...very nice young man, last time I talked to him he was undecided about college?

Cody Higgs. Actually, I took Cody to Jupiter with my son. Great kid, lots of enthusiasm for the game.
Couple of schools looking at him, nothing yet?

Huck just committed to Western Kentucky.

Other Pirates Commits, with a couple more on the way next week.

Jake Powers-P-UIC
Alex Belew-P-Austin Peay
Tony Scheaffer-P-SIU-E
Nick Tindall-C-SIU-C
Ryan Richardson-IF-John Logan
Josh Scharff-1B-Yale
Logan Uxa-OF-Arkansas State

3 others, Flett-P, Alexander and Borgschulte-OF's have some D-1 offers, but have yet to commit.
Last edited by gitnby
quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:
Nick Tindall plays hs ball for my friend Coach Portz. Great Program at O'Fallon High School. Of course since we all were questioning he merits of who gets credit for what in another thread, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I taught Coach Portz everything he knows about baseball.

For many of you that know or dont know coach b I was fortuate enough to learn under him and and call him a friend and for what he lacks in social skills he makes up in confidence.

regarding Tindall, he is an outstandig defensive catcher. He throws it extremely well and works very hard behind the plate. He receives very well and blocks everything. He is tough and a great leader on the field. Offensively he continues to improve, bat speed and strength continue to get better. Nick plays the game with an edge and really competes.

Personally, I think Nick is the most skilled catcher to come out of our area in many years. He has great size, arm strength, can hit for power, and runs well (6.9-7.1 consistently). I look for him to have an immediate impact for Cal. It is great to see a kid like Nick get to where he is. this group of seniors was my first group of youth players at O'Fallon some 10 years ago. I have had nick in camps, lessons, and coached him in some capacity since he was 8 years old. This accomplishment for him is well-deserved.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.