Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Frosh tourney held over this past weekend in Londonderry - I was told the Merrimack team was there... I know at least Londonderry, Timberlane, Dover, Concord, BG, & Pinkerton were there. Not sure who the 8th team was. There were 4 teams in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Sat AM had Dover beat BG in a close game. On the other field, Londonderry scored 3 or 4 in the bottom 5 to win vs. Timberlane (these are 5 inning games). The winners and losers matched up at 1130 with Londonderry & BG winning their games. I didn't stick around for Sat PM.

Sunday I assume Concord beat Londonderry in the final since they had a sizable lead late 8-2 or so... In the consolation final BG beat Dover.
The Freshman Tournament is hosted in Londonderry and is put on by the Athletic Director and the Dugout Club which is the Londonderry booster club that supports the Middle School and High School baseball program. The tournament was run on May 29 and 30 and had 8 teams participate. Londonderry and Concord were in the finals with Concord victorious. Again it was a successful tournament and does not work without the support of the Londonderry parents who run concessions, the Athletic Director who organizes the teams participating and umpires and the Varsity players who run the scorboard and groom the fields.
Thanks to Everyone's efforts
Gary Fisher
President Londonderry Booster Club
there were a few teams that didn't play. Neither of the Nashua teams came. I don't believe they came to the freshman tour. last year either. Teams playing this weekend were, Goffstown,Londonderry,Memorial,Concord,Pinkerton,Trinity,Merrimack and Salem. They didn't seed them by record, not really sure how they did it. Salem played Memorial and won 7-4, then played Goffstown and won a defensive nailbiter 17-11, they played merrimack in the final and won 7-0. I agree,I wish more teams were involved it would have been fun to crown a true champ.That being said Salem played very well all weekend coming up with a total of 14 2 out runs over the tournament.
The Freshman Tournament was established about 5 or 6 years ago to give the opportunity for teams to extend their season. The teams that go are the ones that went to the first one and are given the opportunity to come back every year. It is a short format with only so much field space between our Varsity and JV fields so it hasn't be able to expanded yet. I am pretty sure the JV tournament has only a few teams also and that is hosted by Trinity and I think they only use Derryfield park which is only one field. I am not completely sure about that because my son was fortunate to go from the Freshman team to the Varsity so I never attended the JV tournament.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.