Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would recommend a circle change or three finger change. A knuckleball is thrown differently than a fastball & it is hard to master.

The three finger and circle changes are thrown with exactly the same mechanics (arm slot, arm velocity, etc.) as the fastball, only the grip changes. Thus they are very deceptive. And they are easier to master.
rhbaseball,
I also used to think that being tricky with all these different types of pitches would make me more effective. It doesn't actually work like that; work on a 2 seam, 4 seam fastball and change and maybe a curve. Even at the college level it seems as though that that is all one needs to be sucsessfull, and you might not even need four pitches.
A knuckleball has traditionally been a pitch picked up buy pitchers whose career may be on the decline or have had an injury or they were just exceptional at throwing it. I don't know of too many scouts that look for it and if it is a good pitch, at lower levels it would be difficult to catch. If you've got a good 2 and 4 seamer and a change, you're on your way. A good hammer would only enhance the reportoire.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.