Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats on a big milestone.  I'm really glad he's able to go considering so many schools are keeping kids at home.  We dropped off our son last summer and man it was tough.  He's our youngest so that made it even tougher... empty nester thrown in the mix.  Lots of proud moments to come.  One thing we did right was plan a lot of trips and front-loaded our trips to the baseball games which was a blessing considering the season was cut short.

I gotta tell you, we just dropped my sophomore (youngest) son off this week and I think it was harder than last year as a freshman.  With he and his brother being home since March due to COVID, we really got some unexpected family time and got used to having them both around.  As my older one said, "this is probably the last time the four of us will live together for this long ever..."  My oldest is heading back today and my wife and I will be left in this empty/quiet house that we had finally gotten used to last year...and now will have to get used to again.

Congrats baseballhs!   The fun is just beginning for you and the hard work for him!  I remember dropping my oldest off at college in 2010 like it was yesterday and I remember picking up my youngest up after graduation in 2019.   The best thing about dropping off each of my three sons freshman year was talking to them a week after being on campus.   They were little chatterboxes about some of their new experiences and the people they met.   Priceless.   Enjoy those milestones and take lots of pictures.

@PTWood posted:

Best of luck to baseballhsSon!! It's such a fun journey for them. @Smitty28 we will be with you next year this time since our son is the baby of three. We won't know what to do with ourselves. I have a feeling we will those random people who show up to high school basketball and baseball games even though we don't have a kid playing. LOL

LOL - been there done that.  I went to all of my youngest son's HS team's home baseball and basketball games the first year after he left the nest, and even games of  teams he didn't pay on.  That helped. So did travel!

Best of luck to your son, baseballhs!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.