Skip to main content

Josh - congrats on your future position.  (Too bad you can't scout yourself.)

Having a chance to interact with some of the Nats Media Relations folks late last year on some Superstorm Sandy relief efforts and knowing some folks linked to other groups within the organization, I think you're headed to a good place.

A quick aside - my daughter is a freshman on the Hilltop. When we were moving her in this September summer, her 16-year old 6' 4" HS sophomore pitcher brother was helping while wearing a GU hat.  At least 3 different freshman ballplayers asked him

what the team was like and what position he played.

A quick aside - my daughter is a freshman on the Hilltop. When we were moving her in this September summer, her 16-year old 6' 4" HS sophomore pitcher brother was helping while wearing a GU hat.  At least 3 different freshman ballplayers asked him

what the team was like and what position he played.

I hope he played along and scared them a little bit...  

Josh,

Just did that big move I told you about so I am sorry I am late in responding.

I am glad you let the cat out of the bag. 

There are too many young people finishing up their college careers and not able to find employment doing something that they would love to be doing.  Your parents should be very proud of the hard diligant work you have put in and not expecting for granted as so many do.  There's a lot of  bashing young people (lazy and irresponsible) these days and I find that not to be the case.

Playing the game at the very highest level is not something that everyone can achieve.  

One does not have to walk away from the game when their playing days are over.  

There are so many endless possibilities to stay within the game it's amazing.

Best of luck and way to go Josh!

Last edited by TPM

Little late to the party as well but really glad to see this.  I'm very happy for you (and a little jealous to be honest LOL).  You are very deserving of this job because you really are a go getter.  "Watching" you grow up on here and beat the adversity that followed TJ surgery to find a place to play this spring was amazing.  So seeing how you were able to get this opportunity is awesome.  This isn't something that fell into your lap - you've earned this because you worked for it.

By the way if you guys need a bullpen catcher or a fungo hitter I'm available.  Let me know if you need a resume or youtube video of my skills.

Thanks to all once again. While its just the first step, I look forward to this potentially opening doors in the future. Its been reiterated to me throughout countless unsuccessful job applications and interviews that this industry is not easy to get into. When there's one job opening and hundreds of applicants, employers tend to be very picky (as they should be). My case just so happens to be one of persistence, patience and a bit of good luck. 

I will most certainly keep everyone here posted on the progress as I continue to (hopefully) move up the ladder. I've been very fortunate enough to have an outstanding support group surrounding me that opens me up to a widely available range of contacts within the game. If you would've told me that at this time last year that my phone and email contacts would consist of some of the names they do now, I would've laughed at you. But, its funny how things work sometimes when you're in the right place at the right time.

coach2709- One of the posters here, Aldoinla, has a son who is currently in the Nationals organization and will most likely be doing a bit of rehab work as he is recovering from Tommy John. As per my job description, there is potential for me to be assigned to shoot some video and write some analysis of his progress and performance when he finally is able to get back on the mound. He's 18 years old, 6'6" and throws 100 mph. If you want to be the bullpen catcher, be my guest. 

Originally Posted by J H:

coach2709- One of the posters here, Aldoinla, has a son who is currently in the Nationals organization and will most likely be doing a bit of rehab work as he is recovering from Tommy John. As per my job description, there is potential for me to be assigned to shoot some video and write some analysis of his progress and performance when he finally is able to get back on the mound. He's 18 years old, 6'6" and throws 100 mph. If you want to be the bullpen catcher, be my guest. 

Ok reading that just made my knees (and hand) start hurting.  I think I'm over that crazy idea.......although I'm still a pretty mean fungo hitter.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.