Skip to main content

Hey guys,

If I were to put together a Facebook Group where we did some Live Q&A's with college ballplayers and coaches, is that something people would be interested in?

I played Shortstop at Princeton from '14-'18, and leaned on HSBBW a bunch during high school (more on that here)

I was thinking about how I would have loved to have been able to get advice and hear stories from current college players and coaches, on top of all the great discussions already happening between parents on this forum.

For folks going through the process now though, is that something that would be helpful to you?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Asher,

What do you think about hosting a podcast or recording a Zoom session where you run some pre-culled questions from HSBBWeb posters by the college ballplayers and coaches?  It would not be that difficult to come up with 15-20 questions that I think is on everybody's mind.  If you'd like, I can help you with that.   I bring this up because I know many people are adverse to Facebook especially young people your age.  My kids are close to your age and they won't go near Facebook.   

Honestly I think the big 800-lb guerilla in the room is the ripple effect of Covid-19 on college recruiting and playing for the next few years.   There are many questions that are going to be tied to that because of the impact it has on every human being on the planet.   

Just my two cents.... 

Thanks for your feedback @TPM and @fenwaysouth (and separately, thank you both for your contributions to these forums over the years).

@fenwaysouth I think your idea of a podcast or Zoom session with questions collected from HSBBW posters is a good one and would definitely be useful to people.

I also agree with you that the 800lb gorilla in the room at this point is the effect that COVID will have on recruiting and college baseball in general in the coming years.

Crazy times we live in!

Based on multiple questions in other threads, I wonder if it would be at all possible to interview a bench player?  People are so wound up about large rosters, about the way playing time plays out over four years, etc.  Of course, I don't know if you could find anyone who would admit to being a bench player or sparsely-used reliever or bullpen catcher, and to talk about what the benefits were.  It could be useful, though.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.