Congradulations to former St. Rita and IL Spark RHP/IF Tony Zych. Tony is a FR at Louisville. He started and got the Win in Louisville's Big East Tournament Championship game today. He also made the All Tournament Team.
Just a note Nick Martini (prairie ridge) has gone 6-10 in his first 2 regional games for K-State as they are 2-0 in the regional beating xavier and also Rice last night.
They split in the regular season and won both playoff games in the bottom of the 9th. They obviously were the better team, but not dominant.
I had parkland winning on the april 11th 10-5 and april 21 8-7 and losing to heartland on the 11th of april 6-5. That would be Parkland winning 2 of 3 regular season. Then Parkland won on the 17 and 18th 4-3 and 7-4.

I really don't know who the "better" team is I was just saying who won the games and saying congrats to Parkland and it's players as winning their world series is a nice accomplishment.

I know players on both teams and both programs and coaches do a great job.
Congrats to CPLZ's son Kirk, for a great outing today as Army defeated BC to earn the right to play Texas for the regional championship.

How about Austin Wood throwing 169 pitches in 13+ innings one day after throwing another 30 as Texas defeated BC 3-2 in 25 innings? Sorry, just no justification for Augie to abuse a great pitcher and risk his future.
Last edited by itsrosy
quote:
Originally posted by itsrosy:
How about Austin Wood throwing 169 pitches in 13+ innings one day after throwing another 30 as Texas defeated BC 3-2 in 25 innings? Sorry, just no justification for Augie to abuse a great pitcher and risk his future.

By throwing a kid 169 pitches, one would think the only future the coach thinks of is his own.
Matt Davis Eastern Kentucky (Prospect) 3rd team All American hit 418 7 homers 20 doubles and 43 rbi scored 71 runs and stole 25 of 28 bases. All after moving from middle of order to lead-off. Congrats
Last edited by 2bagger
Congradulations again to former St. Rita and IL Spark RHP Tony Zych. Yesterday Tony pitched and got the win for Louisville in the Regional championship game against Vanderbilt. Good luck in the Super Regionals against Cal State Fullerton.
Zach Borenstein also named to that team as a freshman. He is at Eastern Illinois and went to Buffalo Grove High School
Last edited by 2bagger

A few additional players for the local boys.  Robbie Mcdonnell (Barrington) is 7-1 for Illinois which is ranked in the top few teams in the country. Sean Stutzman (Fremd)  is 6-1 for Dallas Baptist as they head into the tournament. Kevin Kacmanski is leading the country in batting average and a variety of offensive categories. Kevin is fro Prairie Ridge and plays for Evansville. Ryan Lidge (Barrington) catching every game and batting 298 or so for Notre Dame.

Elliot Soto (Dundee Crown) double a cubs been hitting around 300 and stellar job at ss. Nick Martini (Prairie Ridge) double a cardinals leading the team at 324 batting avg. Jake Smolinski (Rockford Boylan) started the season with the Texas Rangers but got moved to triple a a few games ago and is hitting mid 500 with 3 home runs in the first 6 games. Working his way back as I am sure he will do. I know I missed many but throw in any names to rekindle this thread!

Also for the Illini, a couple of south-west suburban guys are leading the pitching staff.  Tyler Jay (Lemont) is the closer and having an outstanding year.  Named Big 10 pitcher of the year.  Kevin Duchane (JCA), a left-handed pitcher was named 1st team Big 10.  Good luck to the Illini in the tourney.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.