Skip to main content

Son is playing OF/CF more and more, time to get him a glove specific for that position.  Thinking light is good so it doesn't hamper running fast, I've also heard OF gloves can be too light (is this a problem because of glove stability issues?). At any rate, he favors Louisville gloves but open to hearing and recommendations.  Thanks!

Son is HS player, 6 ft even, 160lbs.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

fly996 posted:

Due to the light weight, I'd look for a Wilson A2K or A2000 SuperSkin 12.75". He will also need to decide between an H web or Trap web.

My 2022 got an A2000 with super skin  (pretty sure 12.75) for OF use this fall.  He loves it. Broke in well, is light, but he can still hold a “snowconed” ball.  He had a mizuno prior. 

We loved customizing Mizunos on www.baseballsavings.com. My son got to pick the mesh netting design he liked and colors and stitching, etc.  Great quality gloves and feel, good break in. He loved the netting and pocket of that glove and the ball just stuck in the netting when he's catch, dive, etc. 

We've now got the Wilson A2000 customized for pitching and he's now just a PO and doesn't play outfield, but we still keep it in his bag, should the need arise. Great quality glove and feel and break in.

We ordered the Wilson direct. 

Last edited by Eokerholm

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.