Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PJ,

Thanks for picking up on that. I admit to bragging in this post, even though my goal is simply honest marketing. I would think that parents reading these posts would be interested to know that I only worked, on a paid consulting level, with a few 5A baseball schools this year: Grapevine, Richardson, Lubbock Coronado, Lubbock Monterey, F.M. Marcus, and Austin Westfield. Each made the playoffs. Obviously I'm just a very SMALL part of each school's success this season, and a school more likely to do well is probably also more likely to hire me. But while I'm on the subject, let me also note that of teams still playing in 5A, I've also worked with Houston Memorial, San Anonio O'Connor, Klein Collins, and Corpus Christi Carroll in 2008 or 2009. I do think there's a carry-over effect and I also follow-up with these clients by sending them my Mental Skills Tips emails. Anyone can get these tips by going to www.CoachTraub.com/icontact.html
They're FREE.

P.S. Just in case you're wondering, hiring me is UIL compliant - I'm considered a "motivational speaker" by the UIL.
Is this the same guy that was hocking his videos and books to the group of kids at the Mt. View JC Showcase a couple of months ago? I know of a few kids who said they had 3 stations at the tryout/showcase: (1) Ground balls/fly balls (2) Hitting in cages (3)They had to sit and listen to some 'motivational speaker' that encouraged them to buy his products.

I've heard of station drills in baseball, but...
Indeed, I am the same guy. I actually regret endorsing the event at Mt. View because it turned out to be too big for the coaches there to handle effectively. When I showed up and saw the huge crowd and knew that I had contributed to it with my endorsement, I offered to provide some free Mental Skills Training for the guys who would obviously be sitting around waiting for their turn. I wasn't planning this, but planning only to offer to sell my book and products. This free training was extremely well received (by all who offered feedback, at least).

Whether I was "hocking" my book/dvd (Coaches Guide to Winning the Mental Game, Coaches Choice, 2009) or offering a valuable product is obviously a matter of opinion. What's not subjective is that no one was forced to buy anything from me, or even pressured. I work hard to make all my camps and products meet my business mission, which is to over-deliver value on the goods and services designed to help my clients 'win' the mental side of the game. Personally, I think it's a shame that people are so skeptical of anyone selling anything, because obviously our society wouldn't work very well if people didn't work hard to provide valuable services and products. Of course, we get bombarded by so many people wanting our money that I, too, can be blinded into missing out on some good opportunities.

I encourage 643 and all other skeptics to check out my website, www.CoachTraub.com, and sign up there for my free e-newsletter. If you have a son who plays ball and he reads this newsletter (tell him it's part of his baseball training - because it is!), I am positive that I will succeed in "over-delivering value."

Best wishes.
-Aaron

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.