Skip to main content

This is definitely do not identify as a conservative but I think this is not a good idea. Most of the anti trans agenda of the GOP is stupid because this doesn't affect the cis people at all so why not stay out of that discussion but really in this case trans women or intersexual women and cis women should not compete together because there are distinct biological advantages.

This is something gender science gets wrong because unlike their claim the physiological differences are not caused by the mental state and education but by actual chemicals in the body.

This is also not really about "fairness" but simply about a level playing field. A level playing field is really what makes sports intriguing. If a team wins 90% of his games it becomes boring and people switch off the t.v. because nobody wants to see a beatdown.

So this is not really about fairness but about keeping an interesting competition, just like weight classes in boxing were created to create a good competition.

I have no issue with a person identifying as a woman or man but in an athletic competition it just creates too big of an advantage.

@Go44dad posted:

You want no part of a riseball from 39 feet.

finch

the problem is there are already men doing fastpitch to levels Jenny Finch never could comprehend. Search ISF and ISC fastpitch if you care, you also could do a search of Mike White former Oregon coach and current Texas softball coach and check out his pitching history...men playing vs women is silly at competitive levels.

XII Jr. Men's Softball World Championship 2018 - The official site - WBSC

Last edited by old_school
@Smitty28 posted:

Not only has the grocery bill shrunk, but my car insurance dropped in half when I took him off my policy.

Having teenage sons is the best portion control diet I know of and there is literally no opportunity for me to snack. I started a "car insurance" savings fund in preparation for the kid's license in 6 weeks. So no food and soon no car for me. My dream of looking like a marathon runner may be a reality in 2021. 

@old_school posted:

the problem is there are already men doing fastpitch to levels Jenny Finch never could comprehend. Search ISF and ISC fastpitch if you care, you also could do a search of Mike White former Oregon coach and current Texas softball coach and check out his pitching history...men playing vs women is silly at competitive levels.

I appreciate the advice, but no thanks on the research assignment.  My shallow, off-hand comment earlier in the thread was an attempt at levity, nothing more. All I was saying is you don't want any of Jenny Finch, not that men were better, or women were better, or men dressed as women were better. (Sorry, no offense to women dressed as men or any other gender combos I missed).

@Dominik85 posted:

This is definitely do not identify as a conservative but I think this is not a good idea. Most of the anti trans agenda of the GOP is stupid because this doesn't affect the cis people at all so why not stay out of that discussion but really in this case trans women or intersexual women and cis women should not compete together because there are distinct biological advantages.

This is something gender science gets wrong because unlike their claim the physiological differences are not caused by the mental state and education but by actual chemicals in the body.

This is also not really about "fairness" but simply about a level playing field. A level playing field is really what makes sports intriguing. If a team wins 90% of his games it becomes boring and people switch off the t.v. because nobody wants to see a beatdown.

So this is not really about fairness but about keeping an interesting competition, just like weight classes in boxing were created to create a good competition.

I have no issue with a person identifying as a woman or man but in an athletic competition it just creates too big of an advantage.

You threw the grenade into the middle of the room. So let’s go. It’s unfortunate your self esteem is so low you have to establish your political identity rather than just stand by your opinion on the discussion.

On a political level I’m a small l libertarian. On a personal level I live conservatively. Most conservatives I know are small l libertarians.

So, just what is stupid about conservative views? Be specific. If you’re going to insult posters in the forum back it up.

Last edited by RJM
@old_school posted:

As I posted earlier Finch throws 68-72. Male softball pitchers average 95. At 95 from 43 feet the hitter is guessing location of the anticipated pitch.

I remember seeing a video of some MLB hitters facing Finch in a cage. They were overwhelmed. I believe it’s mostly due to not being accustomed to the angle of the pitch coming off the hip. Given time they would adapt. The MLB hitters probably would have been afraid to stand in against a male softball pitcher throwing 95 given they had trouble picking up 70 from 43 feet.

Last edited by RJM

RJM, you've posted extensively in the past about the culture of women's softball teams.  I'm curious what your daughter thinks about this, since she played high-school and college softball?

I haven’t spoken with her since the executive order was signed this last week. Given she’s now 32 she doesn’t give a lot of thought to softball.

We discussed the possibility when I visited over the holidays. She’s a prosecutor. She’s trained to look at issues from all angles. Her initial, face value reaction is it’s absurd. She pointed out what I’ve posted earlier. The typical top male softball pitcher throws 25 mph faster than the greatest female softball pitcher ever. For fitness and self defense she trains as a kick boxer. She sees males competing against females in physical situations as absurd.

As a prosecutor of violent crimes she’s had her share of death threats. She’s been trained if attacked, extract and run to safety. Don’t stand and defend against a man.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.