Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah, ODU sure did well by getting Perez. A great player, and an even greater kid. You ODU guys will have a good 4 years enjoying watching him to continue to develop as a player.
Although he may not be truly underrated, as an All-District and All-Region player, he certainly deserves those awards....and more.

As for Soco, the lesson to be learned by those that haven't seen them is...never, ever count them out of a game. They have come from behind several times this year, against some very good teams. They simply do not quit.
Novabball -- I agree with your post 100%. Over the past few days, most of Hsbasballfan's posts have been negative, derogatory, or downright inflammatory. If you don't believe it, just check out his postings on this and other related threads. I'm getting tired of it as well. I don't mind a little negativity here and there, as long as you have something informative to add to the mix. HS has had nothing at all to say over the past week worth reading.

Plus, he is the only person I know that spells the word "baseball" without an E!
Most threads start this team vs. that team and then everyone posts what is happening. I love the "all over" to start his post. How about its "all over" for Nanesmond River, although that jab is only to hsbasballfan and not the team or fans. Nanesmond River made the long trip played a great game and there fans were top notch. Game could have gone either way would be the best way to wrap it up.
Man you guys are harsh. I started the post that way because I thought it was noteworthy that a team most of us gave no chance had put 9 runs on the board that quickly. Sorry if you were offended. Trust me when I say I don't have a dog in the fight...just a fan and like to discuss/offer perspective.
South County caught my attention because some represent them of playing in the toughest district in the state and having already beaten the toughest pitching. I disagree with that and was only trying to balance the discussion. Sorry if I broke up the lovefest and hurt anyones feelings.
Just got back to Suffolk after watching an exciting game. Just a note on the back and forth here...yes the field was small and I was intrigued by the severity of the slope from the plate to the outfield. Standing behind the outfield fence the batters box area had to be six feet higher which makes the field play even smaller. HOWEVER...both teams took advantage of the small field with 3 HRs each. Bottom line South County outhit Nansemond River 17 to 10. They are a very good team and will be tough to beat.
Basball, I am not harsh, just direct. You won't catch me making offhand remarks about engraving trophies or small fields. If I disagree with you, I'll tell you directly instead of asking some random rhetorical question.

As I said earlier, opposing viewpoints are very welcome and they are often what makes this site so interesting. Your passive/aggressive style is, shall we say, "interesting." I guess you think you're being clever....

And, for what it's worth, I, too, have no dogs in the hunt.
Sounds like a great game to watch with huge momentum swings and a exciting finish.

Nansmond River has been coming on during the second half of the season. They can swing the bats with anyone having hung up 10+ runs against some very good pitchers during the season.

They bring a big chunk of that group back next season and will be very tough.
Swampie, you are too funny!

I was at the SC/NR game last night, and it was a truly exciting game for everybody there. So many momentum shifts, it was like watching a tennis match, going back and forth, back and forth. I felt like I had a bad case of whiplash coming on at the end.

One thing I will say: Nansemond is a straight-up good team. They definitely deserved to be in the playoffs, and if things had gone differently with the seeding/pairings, they could certainly still be playing on. If they are indeed returning most of their team, then they will be very powerful for the next year or two, at least. The Vann kid, in particular, is a junior and he will be a "beast" next season. Additionally, the Nansemond fans are a class act.
quote:
Originally posted by Swampboy:
quote:
Originally posted by NOVABBall13:
I wonder if there is a way to go back and edit the Topic Title? LOL

I'm guessing that you had the rookie winning the last Indy 500 race as well?

What should we call it, "Dewey Beats Truman"?

I have to admit to thinking about putting that in there as well (putting MY age in full view) but figured I would go with something that was at least within this century... LOL

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.