Skip to main content

I did alot of research on this website about the recruiting process which has been extremely helpful. I am going to add something to it that I wish I had known. I could have just missed it. When an offer is made to you, ask what the NCAA Equivalency is. When we got the NLI it had it on there. In our case, they gave us a percentage amount but not the NCAA equivalency. Just thought I would pass along something I wish we would have known.
LHP
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

On the 2006-2007 National Letter of Intent that my son signed last November there was no such section. The intent letter only stated that there must be a written offer of athletics financial aid. There wasn't any mention of the percentage that my son's scholarship was in relation to the 11.7 allowed.

I went to the web site www.national-letter.org -but they do not allow you to download the NLI. You might be able to get one by request from their office. There is a copy of the 2003 NLI on www.prospectswatch.org. I didn't see any reference to the ncaa equivalency you mentioned.

Son signed with a D-1 school. I would think that all other D-1 schools would use the same forms. I could be mistaken though.
Last edited by bballfan5

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.