Skip to main content

RJM posted:
PitchingFan posted:

Or go out to eat and tip a few waiters and waitresses crazy tips.  Or go buy something you don't need at a local small business and give it to someone who does need it.

Or do a thousand dollar panic run on the grocery store. I just walked to the grocery store for exercise. Everything I wanted is available including stuff I thought I would have to return at 6am before the hoarders. Either people are running out of money to spend, are afraid to spend more than necessary or America is running out of kitchen shelf space. 

American scenarios I have in mind based on what I’ve seen in stores ...

Next year at the dinner table, “Eat up! We have 56 boxes of pasta to go.

OR

Eat your canned beans! Otherwise we will never go through 200 rolls of toilet paper.

A thousand squares of toilet paper on the wall, a thousand squares on a roll. You take one down, pass it around, 999 squares of toilet paper on the wall.

😁

Still nothing in the stores here.  No water, toilet paper, meat, cereal, eggs, or bread.  That part is crazy. 

KLL posted:
RJM posted:
PitchingFan posted:

Or go out to eat and tip a few waiters and waitresses crazy tips.  Or go buy something you don't need at a local small business and give it to someone who does need it.

Or do a thousand dollar panic run on the grocery store. I just walked to the grocery store for exercise. Everything I wanted is available including stuff I thought I would have to return at 6am before the hoarders. Either people are running out of money to spend, are afraid to spend more than necessary or America is running out of kitchen shelf space. 

American scenarios I have in mind based on what I’ve seen in stores ...

Next year at the dinner table, “Eat up! We have 56 boxes of pasta to go.

OR

Eat your canned beans! Otherwise we will never go through 200 rolls of toilet paper.

A thousand squares of toilet paper on the wall, a thousand squares on a roll. You take one down, pass it around, 999 squares of toilet paper on the wall.

😁

Still nothing in the stores here.  No water, toilet paper, meat, cereal, eggs, or bread.  That part is crazy. 

I called corporate of the couple of grocery stores I shop. One is a regional corporation. One is a national corporation. I was told what I expected. There isn’t a food supply shortage. It’s just a matter of getting shelves restocked. They advised I shop early in the morning. 

I spoke with the Nabisco rep in an aisle. He’s restocking the Nabisco shelves himself at his accounts to make sure product isn’t sitting on pallets out back. He said the only issue is the next delivery truck arriving. There’s plenty of food. 

Last edited by RJM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.