Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm just trying to get my head around this and see how it could impact my 2022.  This appears to be a roster waiver and not an eligibility waiver- right?  If so, doesn't that just give the schools some relief allowing current kids with eligibility waivers to work through the system while not adding to the problem by granting additional eligibility waivers?  Confusing.

Correct it’s not an eligibility waiver.... but, realize that D1’s can grab any juco, or D3 kids, who 2 years ago they couldn’t accurately project but now can and then you have the 21 yo “freshman” that the 18 to 21,22 gets to compete with. And by making the space available in a roster to do so they can load up. Crazy. The roster raiding by D1’s right now is something Ibhave never seen ever before.

Our program has been stockpiling on juco players ever since the original announcement. With two years of no 25% minimum a coach can turn a 25% offer for one guy into 5 offers for 5 guys. All of which will be gone in time for it not to be an issue when (if) things go back to normal. I would assume our coach was banking on another waiver and it paid off. The high school class that just signed did not feature everyone listed as committed on PG. The signing day press release had a bunch of 2 yr players. Not too surprising.

I don't know what the future is going to look like, but I would say now is as good a time as ever to be a juco sophomore. And now is as bad a time as ever to be a hs upperclassman.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.